Rock Band 3 DLC missing on the Wii U

AlexFiliAlexFili Unsigned
I transferred over my files to the Wii U from the Wii but unfortunately only about half of my songs have been marked as 'redownload', the rest which I paid for still have a price on them. Date seems to have no effect since I have some DLC that I bought recently along with some from a long time ago.

Is there some kind of way of refreshing which DLC I own?

Comments

• NeilFraudstrongNeilFraudstrong Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    I have heard that you have to completely format the SD/SDHC card you used and then redownload one by one. I'm in the middle of the process now.
  • troad86troad86 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    To be honest what I've heard so far from people who have tried playing on the Wii U on rock band is not good news.

besides the above mentioned you also can't play online.

If I were you I would continue to use my Wii for Rock Band purposes if you still have one.
  • agiles30agiles30 Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    troad86;5004995 said:
    ...you also can't play online...

This is untrue. You can play online, even with people on Wii but have no friends list unfortunately. You can also connect to the leaderboards but only with profiles created on the Wii U.
  • troad86troad86 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Okay well I was going off of information when the Wii U first came out and you couldn't.
  • Suze60Suze60 Unsigned
    edited May 2013
    agiles30;5005153 said:
    This is untrue. You can play online, even with people on Wii but have no friends list unfortunately. You can also connect to the leaderboards but only with profiles created on the Wii U.
    If you have no friends list on the wii u how do you find people to play with online. Does your wii profile transfer over or do you create a new profile and start from scratch?
    edited May 2013
    Suze60;5012737 said:
    If you have no friends list on the wii u how do you find people to play with online. Does your wii profile transfer over or do you create a new profile and start from scratch?

You can still do the random play online feature, there is just no Wii friend code list on the Wii U so you can't invite or be invited in that way.

Your profile transfers but unfortunately if you want to connect to the leaderboards, you need to create a new profile and start from scratch. The online leaderboard connection won't work with any profiles that were not created on that machine.
  • evilnoloevilnolo Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    Hi, Im having this problem too. What is the procedure to format the SD? can I just do a backup on my pc of all the files, format it and then return all of the files? I dont want to lose all my other contents.

thanks.
    edited May 2013
    evilnolo;5013062 said:
    Hi, Im having this problem too. What is the procedure to format the SD? can I just do a backup on my pc of all the files, format it and then return all of the files? I dont want to lose all my other contents.

thanks.

I'm not completely sure that I understand your question completely but here's my best response.

You can't transfer the content from the Wii to a computer and then move it to the Wii U unfortunately. Any content that was not on the Wii hard drive (all 512MB) at the time you transferred to the Wii U has to be downloaded again because it did not get the ID code for the Wii U associated with it. The only exception that I have noticed to this rule is the demo versions of games seem to work, most likely because Nintendo didn't care to encode those ones since they were free anyway (total guess there).

To format the SD card, you just have to format it in any computer the same way you always would.
  • evilnoloevilnolo Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    Oh sorry if I wasnt very clear. Let me try again.

1.- I ported all my data from my wii to my wii u
    2.- Everything went fine, except that I must redownload all of my DLC for RB3. I saw that it is normal, so no problem there.
    3.- The problem is that the game (RB3 on WiiU) wont recognize my SD card and wont allow me to dowload the DLC to the SD Card.
    4.- I read that this can be solved by reformatting the SD card, so that is what I am asking. How to do that?
    5.- I have other data and things on my SD card, that is why I was asking if I could backup my card, format it and return the contents to the card. Is it that way, or the only thing that I have to erase are the RB3 files on the SD card?

Thanks a lot!
    edited May 2013
    evilnolo;5013193 said:
    3.- The problem is that the game (RB3 on WiiU) wont recognize my SD card and wont allow me to dowload the DLC to the SD Card.
    4.- I read that this can be solved by reformatting the SD card, so that is what I am asking. How to do that?
    5.- I have other data and things on my SD card, that is why I was asking if I could backup my card, format it and return the contents to the card. Is it that way, or the only thing that I have to erase are the RB3 files on the SD card?

Thanks a lot!

In theory I suppose that you would only have to erase the RB3 content from the files you have on your computer if the other things are working properly though I don't know how you would do that because they aren't exactly labeled as anything that I can make sense of, just letters and numbers that the Wii and Wii U will recognize.

If everything else on the SD card is working properly with your Wii U, I think my suggestion would be to just get a separate SD card for the RB3 stuff that way you won't have to worry about erasing the other stuff and the SD card should work for RB3 out of the box since it doesn't have the old data that is conflicting.

If on the other hand the other things on the SD card are not working with the Wii U, unfortunately moving them to the computer, formatting the card and then putting the items back onto the card will not solve anything because the files are still encrypted in the exact same way as before the card was formatted.

As far as formatting, (assuming you're using Windows) put the SD card in a computer, go to my computer and select the SD card drive (ex: Removable Drive [H:]), right click it and select the format option, check the quick format box and click start, wait for the process to finish. You should then be good to go to use it in the Wii U.
  • GazeryGazery Unsigned
    edited May 2013
    Hi, I have the same problem as the OP. Did you manage to download the others again?

For refresh, the problem is, I recently bought the Wii U and transferred all the games and data across from the Wii over to the Wii U. Unfortunately, all the Rock Band 3 downloaded songs were on an SD card (because they didn't fit on the Wii!) and so didn't get transferred. I was led to believe this wouldn't be a problem, because you can just re-download the songs via the Wii U. I tried this, but only 49 out of my 92 bought songs would allow me to re-download, the other 43 songs all said I had to purchase the songs again!

I was hoping there is a way to download these songs without having to buy them again.

Thanks for any help.

Gazery
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited May 2013
    Rerun the export, sounds like it didn't finish fully.
  • DentataDentata Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    The Rock Band files on the SD card are in directories named sZAE, sZBE, sZCE, etc. up to sZME.

I am working on getting a mapping of the individual .BIN files to songs, if anyone else has done anything with that we could exchange info. I got all the RB2 stuff and the first few months of RB3 stuff from another source, so it is only the RB3 DLC I don't have yet.
    edited May 2013
    Dentata;5016871 said:
    The Rock Band files on the SD card are in directories named sZAE, sZBE, sZCE, etc. up to sZME.

I am working on getting a mapping of the individual .BIN files to songs, if anyone else has done anything with that we could exchange info. I got all the RB2 stuff and the first few months of RB3 stuff from another source, so it is only the RB3 DLC I don't have yet.
    You can't reuse them from the Wii to the Wii-U though. You need to redownload each and every one of them.
  • DentataDentata Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    First part of answer was to help someone trying to reformat SD card and didn't know where the files are. That won't change on the WiiU, though you are correct that the files won't work if you copy them from Wii to WiiU.

The second part is an attempt to be able to juggle the files on the computer once you reach the 1000 song limit. Because download is so slow, I am trying to automate the process of selecting what songs I put on the SD card. This would work for the WiiU as well. If I want to create an SD card that has, say, all of the Pro Key songs, Harmonies songs, and Pro Guitar songs, I don't want to have to download them by hand on the Wii. If I can map the file names to the songs, I can do it on the computer.
  • KoningPandaKoningPanda Unsigned
    edited July 2013
    Chiming in to say that my friends and me have the same problem with the Wiiu transferring, we had purchased about 250 songs and about 180 are still available for download. A lot of the older songs(RB2) now stand as non-purchased. We're pretty pissed, seeing as we kinda lost 150 euros this way.

Hoped someone in the forums had an answer for this, but I guess it's not that common.
    edited July 2013
    Rerun the export, that usually fixes it. If you're missing 70, check the RB2 export.