Ugh

Crum013Crum013 Unsigned
edited March 2013 in The Rock Band Network
RBN is really tempting me into buying an Xbox, but I have so much invested in a PS3...

Comments

• grace_pressuregrace_pressure Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    :( Hearing that a lot from people. It also sucks that next-gen consoles are right around the corner... But yeah, we'll be keepin' on keepin' on.
  • DerekEDerekE Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    I'm in the same boat, friend.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I'm debating an X360 to be a dedicated RBN machine... But I think I'll hold out at least a few months until I can be sure they'll still be releasing content, and maybe until after the next gen is released after there's a little price drop. The content will be there for a long while, so no real rush.

Only thing I'm not so sure of is how accepting the online community will be to someone with only RBN DLC... oh and I hate the idea of having to pay for online no matter how relatively inexpensive it is.
  • Crum013Crum013 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    I was thinking about making a RBN box as well, but it's inconvenient switching back and forth, but would cost me about $2500 to replace what I have on the ps3.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited March 2013
    That and I have waaaayyyy too many great RB friends in the PS3 online community that in no way am I willing to say good-bye to.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited March 2013
    Honestly it's not worth it just for RBN.
    You will be spending hundreds (or thousands depending how much dlc you get) on a console (if your like me.. now that i've done this) don't even play.
    I just like the PS3 console more even with the less RB features.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Crum013;4998086 said:
    RBN is really tempting me into buying an Xbox, but I have so much invested in a PS3...

I know that feeling. Xbox from PS3 isn't going to be much fun paying for online multiplayer, but it was worth it for me since I switched from a Wii. But it's still kind of meh when switching just for the RBN. But if you want the RBN and RBN alone, then it's still going to cost you. You need to rebuy every instrument except the Logitech mics, and it all becomes a big headache. It all comes down to your opinion. Also, when you're saved up. Make sure the XBox 360 is still selling, and that the servers are still up. Then it will be worth it. The only reason I say that is because it took me a couple years to get my XBox. But I'm poor, so with you I think it's different, plus I don't know how long Microsoft plans to "support" their XBox 360.
  • NeilDiamond1974NeilDiamond1974 Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    I'm in this boat. I actually help Ozone get some RBN content so I'm more motivated than I would be otherwise. I know some kickass stuff is still coming that didn't make the PS3 deadline. (Well kickass to me at least.)

You could do MPA for the drums and get an e-kit that would work on both. Also, I believe you might be able to use some of the pro midi guitars on both consoles with an MPA.

I also like the keytar better than the regular fake guitars. Those should work on both consoles with a MPA.
    edited March 2013
    It's a tough situation. I enjoy playing a lot, and I don't want to sit around and watch all the new songs coming out that I can't download, and 90% of the songs I wouldn't anyways, but I was looking at current songs on RBN and I didn't realize there were a good handful of songs the PS3 never got. Like 3 more widespread panic songs...how widespread didn't make it over is upsetting, and now I want to play those. Grrr, what to do. I just ordered a ton of PS3 gear too...3 guitars, 2 bass guitars, a keyboard, midi pro adapter, second copy of the game... Etc. then as I said, I have about 1000 songs on top of that...playing online doesn't bother me because I still have a lot of people who play locally. I dunno what to do, it sucks having to make this kind of decision. I guess I'm not gonna be happy with either outcome.
  • NeilDiamond1974NeilDiamond1974 Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    I personally wouldn't invest in getting a ton of DLC that I already have on PS3, but since I help out with RBN, I would like to get some stuff coming out on X-Box.

With the MPAs and a midi drum set, it shouldn't take up too much space. Also, I pretty much never play online, just with friends and family.
    edited March 2013
    I do have a E-kit, well..it's currently being shipped. That's some saving grace I suppose. Still, I'm frustrated. Plus I guess I would have to get new disc for RB 1,2,3, Lego... etc if I did a full switch.