RBN DLC Discussion: 3/14 (Xbox 360), 3/19 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited March 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 3/14/2013

Metal
Machinae Supremacy - “Laser Speed Force” (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Rainbowdragoneyes - “Thrashbaath” (80 MSP)

Prog

Freen in Green - “Neighbors Ate My Zombies!” (80 MSP)

Rock
Rhythm Bastard - “Hell Yeah” (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 3/19/2013 (North America) and 3/20/2013 (Europe)

I See Stars - "Endless Sky" ($1.99), Metal
Psychostick - "This is Not a Song, It's a Sandwich!" ($1.99), Metal
Hopes Die Last - "Never Trust the Hazel Eyed" ($1.99), Metal
The Burial - "Pearls; The Frailty of Matter" ($0.99), Metal
Deadlock - "The Brave/Agony Applause (RB3 version)" ($1.99), Metal

Comments

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited March 2013
    I'm going to say that the songs this week on both platforms have some amazing titles. Thrashbaath sounds like the manliest form of cleaning ever!!!
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited March 2013
    Week 21: Everything except "Hell Yeah". Still waiting for that 100% week...
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    WTF!!!!!!!!

STILL no jerry lee lewis or dance for the dying???
    are they saving them for the final week or something?

if those songs don't come to PS3 my rage will be unbridled.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Pretty good week for PS3. Been waiting for Pearls for quite some time, glad it's finally here. The Deadlock song is pretty good as well, challenging on guitar/drums so it's a must buy for me. Probably i'll get the Hope Dies Last song on day one, and even if I don't like I See Stars' music, I might give that song a chance.

The worst thing is looking at those saucy Rainbowdragoneyes and Machinae Supremacy songs knowing that we won't get them. :(
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited March 2013
    Hmmm.... an all metal week and none of these are my cup of tea. Guess in a sense, losing RBN may not be a huge loss for me.

Curious though, if I was interested, how does one go about obtaining and using MSP to purchase the songs on the PSN anyway?

*tongue removed from cheek*

EDIT: Oh, and one other thing, I thought the "Endless Sky" song might have been half decent until I saw that it's a guy that sings the high-pitched chick parts.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    No PS3 pricing anymore, and all metal :(

I hope there's at least one mellow track left in the PS3 offerings.

"Words Cannot Express" how much I loved the selection 2 weeks ago :p
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited March 2013
    decided to give a listen to Machinae Supremacy... how awesome definitely going on my to buy once I get money list... as well as the rest of their stuff in Rock Band
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited March 2013
    BachiG;4999816 said:
    Curious though, if I was interested, how does one go about obtaining and using MSP to purchase the songs on the PSN anyway?

Raargh. Apologies. Fixed.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited March 2013
    Ok, we get "It's Not a Song it's a Sandwich" but no "Great Balls of Fire"?

Really?

(and yes, I'm aware I requested it, but GBoF is a must have, I'd have lived without Sandwich").
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Yep I might be forced to find ways to jump onto Xbox now with Thrashbaath and everything.

Until then, goodie! I was hungry and in dire need of a sandwich!

(and still waiting for Great Balls of Fire =P)
  • edfrank_jredfrank_jr Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Oh, hell! All metal on PS3? Really?
    I hope we have a least 10 songs next week. xD
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    All metal on PS3? I like it! Also, don't worry fellow PS3 players, Great Balls of Fire is coming. They may be saving it for the final week, but it's coming. Calm down.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    HMXLachesis;4999773 said:

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 3/19/2013 (North America) and 3/20/2013 (Europe)

Psychostick - "This is Not a Song, It's a Sandwich!" ($1.99), Metal

One of my two final wishes for a port! Will buy as soon as I have some extra money. Now give me Great Balls Of Fire, and I'll be super happy.
    edited March 2013
    grimripper82;4999886 said:
    All metal on PS3? I like it! Also, don't worry fellow PS3 players, Great Balls of Fire is coming. They may be saving it for the final week, but it's coming. Calm down.
    Every week it doesn't and there are songs on my wishlist still not here means it's one less potential song off of my wishlist.

I do know that other than GBoF, I'm not snagging any RBN (unless it's a top 5 wishlist song) until I know what the last pack is.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited March 2013
    grimripper82;4999886 said:

Doesn't make me a happy camper, especially since we only have 2 or 3 weeks left? We have enough metal each week as is...
  • edited March 2013
    Two more weeks to get one or more of my 'final five' (insert All Along the Watchtower cover here). Chances of getting them all are becoming slimmer, although three of them were a gamble anyway because they were barely in the eligible submission period.

Really hoping we do get Ava Inferi's The Living End, though.
    edited March 2013
    Der_Lex;4999938 said:
    Chances of getting them all are becoming slimmer, although three of them were a gamble anyway because they were barely in the eligible submission period.
    Tue, but so was "Sandwhich"
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Slow clap for the funny joke of leaving "Great Balls of Fire" and "Ordinary Objects" for the last two weeks of RBN releases. Are we that hilarious when we squirm?

squirm squirm squirm

No, seriously, it's funny. You've got me squirming even though I'm still 99% sure we'll get the former and 88% sure we'll get the later. But that missing 13%? Squirm!
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    "The Brave/Agony Applause", **** yeah!

Still hoping to at least get "Sisters" and "Welcome To Our Town (RB3 version)" in the last two announcements.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    I sure hope we get Great Balls of Fire!!
    edited March 2013
    HMXLachesis;4999843 said:
    Raargh. Apologies. Fixed.
    Seems hmxhenry did the same thing in the Announcement (msp on a PS3?)...

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233985
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2013
    HMXLachesis;4999843 said:
    Raargh.
    LACHESIS SMASH!!

Then fix. :D
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    I am sure that Great Balls of Fire will be on the PS3 RBN. It is pretty much the most widely known/popular song to ever be on RBN, or possibly even Rock Band as a whole.

It would be crazy to not port it over, since you know that you are going to be getting a good return on your investment....compared to other songs that they port over which may or may not make any money at all for them.

The only way I could see it not going over is some kind of legal issue or something.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 2013
    I think Great Balls of Fire and Ordinary Objects will be released on the last week. HMX would want PS3 RBN to go out with a bang so I would guess that the 5 most chosen songs in the PS3 RBN thread will be released on April 2nd.
  • DavidTLynchEsqDavidTLynchEsq Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    If Great Balls of Fire isn't released on PS3, I will literally eat my hat.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    DavidTLynchEsq;5000489 said:
    If Great Balls of Fire isn't released on PS3, I will literally eat my hat.

I don't have a IRL hat, but I would find a way to make my entire TF2 hat collection edible and chow down along with you if that where to happen
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    NightmareLyre;5000539 said:
    I don't have a IRL hat, but I would find a way to make my entire TF2 hat collection edible and chow down along with you if that where to happen

Surely you could get model meshes and pass those to a 3D printer.
  • ASPKevASPKev Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Maybe now they'll withhold Great Balls of Fire just to see you guys eat those hats.
    edited March 2013
    ASPKev;5000560 said:
    Maybe now they'll withhold Great Balls of Fire just to see you guys eat those hats.

Quick... post a YouTube video of yourselves eating hats just in case!
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Thanks guys for Hopes Die Last. My girlfriend was really pleased with them making the jump at last. Endless nagging is about to come to an end. :D