Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 3/19 - The Last 3 Blitz Singles!

edited March 2013 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4998656 said:

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (March 19th, 2013):

• Kool & the Gang – “Jungle Boogie” O X

• Shinedown – “Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)” O

• Tears For Fears – “Shout” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 19th)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

** Dates and Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
hmxhenry;4999099 said:
Here are the Rock Band Network tracks that hit Xbox 360 on Thursday, 3/14/2013:

Metal

Machinae Supremacy - “Laser Speed Force” (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Rainbowdragoneyes - “Thrashbaath” (80 MSP)

Prog

Freen in Green - “Neighbors Ate My Zombies!” (80 MSP)

Rock

Rhythm Bastard - “Hell Yeah” (80 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN releases for Tuesday, 3/9/2013 (North America) and 3/20/2013 (Europe):

I See Stars - "Endless Sky", Metal
Psychostick - "This is Not a Song, It's a Sandwich!", Metal
Hopes Die Last - "Never Trust the Hazel Eyed", Metal
The Burial - "Pearls; The Frailty of Matter", Metal
Deadlock - "The Brave/Agony Applause (RB3 version)", Metal

Here are the last 3 singles from RB Blitz. Only 2 more weekly DLC releases on the schedule, but both artists are new to Rock Band. Discuss!

Comments

• ZosoBaronZosoBaron Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Mileycyrussoulja;5000254 said:
    That wasn't a rumor, that was simply speculation. Don't You Forget About Me, Closing Time and The End were speculated, too.

No, someone on another site said that he saw Chevelle Pack 01 and American Pie in the store briefly.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Mileycyrussoulja;5000254 said:
    That wasn't a rumor, that was simply speculation. Don't You Forget About Me, Closing Time and The End were speculated, too.

No, actually it was said on another forum that the last two weeks of DLC were spotted on the Xbox Dashboard. They were only up for a brief moment. It was a Chevelle Pack and American Pie. They were -1 MS points though, so you couldn't buy then.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited March 2013
    Henry, just FYI, and because I pointed it out in the RBN thread yesterday, and it was corrected there, the PS3 RBN tracks are incorrectly shown with MSP "pricing".
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear. Yeah, it's plausible. It's either a spoiler or trolling, either way I didn't want to see it.

As for this week, congrats to Wii owners, and everyone else should have bought Blitz back in August (but if you really only wanted 3-4 songs, and were willing to wait 6 months, that's cool too).
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    And we round the turn, heading into the home stretch...
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Shout and Jungle Boogie for me.

For the record, that'll be 18 of the 25 Blitz songs, so $36 spent when others paid a fraction of that for all 25. Sigh.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited March 2013
    Had I not gotten Blitz, I'd get "Diamond Eyes" and "Shout".
  • blingdomepieceblingdomepiece Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Hetz;5000256 said:
    No, actually it was said on another forum that the last two weeks of DLC were spotted on the Xbox Dashboard. They were only up for a brief moment. It was a Chevelle Pack and American Pie. They were -1 MS points though, so you couldn't buy then.

Henry posted up top that the last two weeks are new to RB, so unless he forgot about the Chevelles song we already have, I'd say it's debunked.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    "The Chevelles" and "Chevelle" are, in fact, two very different artists.
  • LIANMOLIANMO Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    This is exciting! Can't wait for the weekend to be over! (Wait! What?!)

FYI, there's no active link on the Song announcement post that sends you to this discussion thread...
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited March 2013
    I feel the same way I did when I finally finished Other M.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 2013
    I think the rumour will be true but anyway we will likely find out late Thursday night as the pre-PAX RB night is being streamed.
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    No protar for Diamond Eyes :(

Oh well. It wasn't unexpected. Don't care for Jungle boogie so I won't be upgrading any blitz songs this week.
  • blingdomepieceblingdomepiece Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    thatmarkguy;5000269 said:
    "The Chevelles" and "Chevelle" are, in fact, two very different artists.

Oh, ha. Both very important to me as you can probably tell :).
  • edited March 2013
    BachiG;5000258 said:
    Henry, just FYI, and because I pointed it out in the RBN thread yesterday, and it was corrected there, the PS3 RBN tracks are incorrectly shown with MSP "pricing".

Good catch, thanks. Removed MSP from the PS3 RBN announcement, will verify actual dollar amounts with RBN team and update shortly.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Darn. No more Alice in Chains songs since the remaining are new to RB. :( If it is Chevelle, I hope that it at least includes The Red and Jars. Not a big fan of theirs, but I wouldn't mind having those two at least.
  • StackOverflow0xStackOverflow0x Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    All right, Diamond Eyes. Dragged out Blitz songs I wanted all the way to the end.
  • RM-225RM-225 Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    And so, Blitz has been completed. What will these final two weeks hold?

Well, I'm excited to find out.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited March 2013
    nope... not even close.
  • illmissrockbandillmissrockband Opening Act
    edited March 2013
  • DavidTLynchEsqDavidTLynchEsq Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    For a name like illmissrockband, you don't seem to like this game very much.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Well they kept the best song for last. I considered buying Blitz for Shout alone.
  • TcheBoyTcheBoy Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    glad for another "Tears for Fears" song, and all they 3 are from my favorites. miss "Advice For The Young At Heart", "Mad world" and "Sowing The Seeds Of Love" to complete a perfect pack for me. =P
    wish we could have more "The cure" and "New Order" songs, and at least one song from "Pet Shop Boys" from this kind of music.
    wish we could have more "Bryan Adams" songs.
    sad we have no music from Bruce Springsteen...
  • delstardelstar Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    CJHobbes;5000262 said:
    And we round the turn, heading into the home stretch...

Yeah... Unfortunately, with all those Blitz releases (for those who hadn't already bought Blitz just for the RB library), it feels like the last crumbs before the end rather than a glorious send off to an amazing franchise. A bit like Tyson coming back to the ring only to get clocked embarrassingly. I hope the last DLC is epic. I hope RB DLC goes out with a BANG! that there will be something for everyone's taste, I hope it represents the awesomeness of the whole adventure and not just a sour dwindling aftertaste that leaves the memory of the game to fade out like a burnt candle.

- B
  • edited March 2013
    delstar;5000335 said:
    Yeah... Unfortunately, with all those Blitz releases (for those who hadn't already bought Blitz just for the RB library), it feels like the last crumbs before the end rather than a glorious send off to an amazing franchise. A bit like Tyson coming back to the ring only to get clocked embarrassingly. I hope the last DLC is epic. I hope RB DLC goes out with a BANG! that there will be something for everyone's taste, I hope it represents the awesomeness of the whole adventure and not just a sour dwindling aftertaste that leaves the memory of the game to fade out like a burnt candle.

- B

Well we've already announced that the last release will be one track, so I doubt it'll be something for everyone's taste. But we could release 100 songs and still fall short of pleasing everyone. That's just the way it goes. Still, I think the last song will be appropriate, and I hope people enjoy it.

As for the comments about DLC fading away, I totally get that the people that already own Blitz are a little bummed to see repeats popping up at the end of the run. But there are a lot more people that haven't bought Blitz than did buy it, even in the RB universe, so getting tracks by the likes of Queen, Elton John, My Chemical Romance, Blink-182, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, Avenged Sevenfold, Iron Maiden, Tears for Fears, and more is no small addition to the singles DLC selection.

Beyond that, the new DLC we've released in the last few weeks have been among the most well received of the last year. At the very end of the weekly DLC cycle we released a 6 pack by Aerosmith, revived the fan favorite Valentine's Day offering with 5 hit singles, and we've continued to add new bands like Toto, Oingo Boingo, and Queensryche, who have all gone over very, very well. I think it's a pretty strong run to end on, and it's reflective of the variety we've tried to maintain in the last 279 weeks of releases.
  • blzbub74blzbub74 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    I'm about to give up on ever getting Jerry Lee Lewis on the ps3. Very depressing.
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    There was a time not too long ago that I anticipated writing something like "glad that's over!" when the last of the Blitz songs rolled out. Given the circumstances, however, that is no longer true. I sincerely hope the rumors about the remaing songs turn out to be very untrue. Unfortunately I've seen them be true often enough. Don't get me wrong- Chevelle and the acclaimed American Pie would both be welcome additions to RB imo, just not the kind of DLC I personally was hoping it would be ending on. I'm certain there will be many that will completely disagree, so it's all good. I was hoping the final song would be more of a surprise and less ... predictable. Now if it were Madonna's cover that would be a surprise. Just a very unpleasant one.
  • justadudejustadude Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    the last song's american pie? damn, I was hoping for Closing Time, the last line of the song is so fitting: every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited March 2013
    What I'm disappointed with, if the rumors are true, is that the last week that has more than one song is a pack dedicated to one group. And the fact that the one group is a band that I really couldn't care any less for and just despise their music is even worse. I've enjoyed the great deal of variety we've been getting lately as the DLC comes to an end. It would be a shame if that variety all ended and we got a "modern band" pack as there will be no "next week maybe" for me to rely on.
  • PaperMario21PaperMario21 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    If the rumour about the last two weeks is true, that's a pretty terrible way to end DLC.
    American Pie song is nice, but no pro upgrade...yeah...