GandWuser's Olde-Fashioned Handmade Tiering Thread

GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
edited December 2013 in Your Ultimate Setlist
This is the second iteration of my tiering thread. Post one song at a time and I'll get on it within a few days, most likely. I'll tier anything as long as it's less than half-an-hour long.

0netr1ckp0ny - "Royal Canterlot Voice"
10 Years - "Wasteland"

30 Seconds to Mars

"Battle Of One"
"Capricorn (A Brand New Name)"
"Conquistador"
"Fallen"
"Savior"
311 - "Lovesong"
36 Crazyfists - "The All Night Lights"
Acid Bath - "Paegan Love Song"
Acid Witch - "October 31st"
The Acro-Bats - "Callout"
Adele - "Skyfall"
Aden Coy - "The Commander"
Aden Coy - "Galaxy March"
Adrian Lulgjurag & Bledar Sejko - "Identitet"

Aerosmith

"Cryin'"
"Dream On"
"Livin' on the Edge"
"Love In An Elevator"
"Nobody's Fault"

AFI

"17 Crimes"
"The Conductor"
"Kill Caustic"
"Prelude 12/21"
"This Time Imperfect"

Agalloch - "The Mantle"

Aimee Mann

"Build That Wall"
"Deathly"
"Momentum"
"One"
"Save Me"

Air Supply - "All Out Of Love"
Akon - "Don't Matter"
AKB48 - "Sugar Rush"
Alabama Shakes - "Hold On"
Alestorm - "Captain Morgan's Revenge"
Alex Winston - "Velvet Elvis"
Alfred E. Neuman - "It's A Gas"
Alice Cooper - "Feed My Frankenstein"
Alice in Chains - "I Know Something (Bout You)"
Alkaline Trio - "Armageddon"
The Allman Brothers Band - "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed (Live)"
The Almost - "Say This Sooner"

Alter Bridge

"Blackbird"

"Cry of Achilles"

Alt-J (∆) - "Fitzpleasure"
Alt-J (∆) - "Tessellate"
Anberlin - "Desires"
Anberlin - "Little Tyrants"
Anberlin - "Self-Starter"
Andrew Gold - "Spooky Scary Skeletons"
Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice - "What's The Buzz"
Andrew W.K. - "The Moving Room"
Andrew W.K. - "Party Party Party"
Andromeda - "Blink Of An Eye"
Andy Rehfeldt - "Jesus Is My Friend"
[URL="http://i.imgur.com/KjYa3rA.png"]Anonymous - "Salvem el m

Comments

• MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Hey, GandWuser, quick question: I have two more songs from SoConfined to request; his two newest ones from his upcoming album. However, I only get to talk to him Friday and Saturday of this week, and I won't see him for a while after that, and I planned on showing him these. Since you're booked for Friday, would you care to do the 2 requests I will post today on Saturday? I know it's not a day you usually do requests, but I'd rather show him the tiers on one of the days I can get to talk to him than whenever I see him again, which might not be for a few weeks.
  • GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Mileycyrussoulja;5001739 said:
    Hey, GandWuser, quick question: I have two more songs from SoConfined to request; his two newest ones from his upcoming album. However, I only get to talk to him Friday and Saturday of this week, and I won't see him for a while after that, and I planned on showing him these. Since you're booked for Friday, would you care to do the 2 requests I will post today on Saturday? I know it's not a day you usually do requests, but I'd rather show him the tiers on one of the days I can get to talk to him than whenever I see him again, which might not be for a few weeks.

Sure, why not? :D
    edited March 2013
    Thank you so much! :)

Solitary Confinement - "Read Between the Lines"
    Solitary Confinement - "Bruise"

Both will be on his upcoming album Genetics. Here's the album art. Put the year as 2013. Also, sorry if the Reverbnation layout confuses you, but it's the only place you can listen to them without paying so far. Just press the play button by the respective song. :p

Also, just in case you don't hear it, there's indeed keys in Read Between the Lines, but they're not very prominent. Mainly some chords during the verses and background synth, hopefully you can make them out.
    edited March 2013
    Done for today. All the songs today were enjoyable on my part. :D (Too bad I didn't see The Door was almost a half-hour before I started it...)

FRIDAY

Cupid's Chokehold
    Dead Physical
    I Talk To The Wind
    Nobody Weird Like Me
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band/With A Little Help From My Friends (THAT NAME LENGTH)

SATURDAY SOCONFINED SPECIAL

Bruise
    Rad Between The Lines

SUNDAY

Operation Mindcrime
    Veteran of the Psychic Wars (I tiered the original already though...)
    edited March 2013
    We're getting American Pie as the final song in Rock Band, so it looks like that will be your final tier comparison! It'll be interesting seeing who's the closest, as you and GameMaster both tiered it.
    edited March 2013
    Mileycyrussoulja;5003206 said:
    We're getting American Pie as the final song in Rock Band, so it looks like that will be your final tier comparison! It'll be interesting seeing who's the closest, as you and GameMaster both tiered it.

Well I know I'm one dot higher on vocals than the actual version, as can be seen ok that one photo.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 2013
    Thank you for the previous tierings, I appreciate it. As for my next request:
    Chevelle - "Vitamin R (Leading Along Us)"
    edited March 2013
    GandWuser;5003212 said:
    Well I know I'm one dot higher on vocals than the actual version, as can be seen ok that one photo.

What photo?
    edited March 2013
    Mileycyrussoulja;5003219 said:
    What photo?

There was a screenshot of them playng it on the pre-PAX livestream, or at least the instrument selection screen. Guitar is 4 dots and so are vocals.
    edited March 2013
    Neato. Do you have that picture on you right now?

Also, are you going to adjust your tier for it, or keep it the way it is?
    edited March 2013
    Mileycyrussoulja;5003236 said:
    Neato. Do you have that picture on you right now?

Also, are you going to adjust your tier for it, or keep it the way it is?

I do not, but I remember it was posted in the What Are You Doing Right Now thread in LRMT somewhere.

Also, I will not re-tier it. Had it been confirmed without any tiers shown, I would, but at this point it would be cheating.
    edited March 2013
    And finished. Today we had two peppers: the Sgt. with his Club Band and the Red Hot with "Nobody Weird Like Me". Also we had some breakfast in America with "Cupid's Chokehold". Added as well was Math the Band with the electric "Dead Phsyical", and finally the King of Crimson told us how he talks to the wind.

TOMORROW:

Bruise
    Rad Between The Lines

SUNDAY

Operation Mindcrime
    Veteran of the Psychic Wars
    Vitamin R

And now, another special. Not with new tiers, but rather, a measurement. If you may remember, I used to have a section of "who has more than one tier". This is what we have now.

Muse (23)
    The Beatles (21)

Arjen Anthony Lucassen (13)
    Neil Young (& Crazy Horse) (12)
    Talking Heads (11)
    fun. (10)
    Iron Maiden (10)
    Pink Floyd (10)
    Radiohead (10)
    Rush (10)
    SikTh (10)
    Yes (10)

Nightwish (8)
    Television (8)
    Slayer (7)
    Bathory (6)
    Sparks (6)
    Ayreon (5)
    Dethklok (5)
    Genesis (5)
    Judas Priest (5)
    King Crimson (5)
    Miles Davis (5)
    Red Hot Chili Peppers (5)
    System of a Down (5)

Aerosmith (4)
    30 Seconds To Mars (4)
    Globus (4)
    The Killers (4)
    Led Zeppelin (4)
    Motörhead (4)
    Pantera (4)
    Pentagram (4)
    Within Temptation (4)

AFI (3)
    Anberlin (3)
    The Beach Boys (3)
    Black Sabbath (3)
    Brand New (3)
    Civil Twilight (3)
    Coldplay (2)
    Crack the Sky (3)
    DragonForce (3)
    Fall Out Boy (3)
    Hole (3)
    Lacuna Coil (3)
    Matchbox Twenty (3)
    Metallica (3)
    Mötley Crüe (3)
    My Chemical Romance (3)
    Queen (3)
    Scorpions (3)
    U2 (3)

Andrew W.K. (2)
    Apartment 26 (2)
    August Burns Red (2)
    Bis (2)
    Bob Dylan (2)
    Daniel Ingram (2)
    David Bowie (2)
    David Brent (2)
    Dean Martin (2)
    Dio (2)
    Dream Theater (2)
    Emerson, Lake & Palmer (2)
    Foo Fighters (2)
    Foster The People (2)
    Franz Ferdinand (2)
    Goo Goo Dolls (2)
    The Gregory Brothers (2)
    Gym Class Heroes (2)
    Interpol (2)
    Kamelot (2)
    Nico Vega (2)
    Pain (2)
    A Perfect Circle (2)
    The Police (2)
    Sinead O'Connor (2)
    Soft Cell (2)
    Sonic Youth (2)
    Soundgarden (2)
    Steely Dan (2)
    Tears For Fears (2)
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra (2)
    The Waterboys (2)
    Yellowcard (2)
    Yogurt With Sprinkles (2)

I can see we like metal and prog here, yes?
    edited March 2013
    GandWuser;5003245 said:
    I do not, but I remember it was posted in the What Are You Doing Right Now thread in LRMT somewhere.

Also, I will not re-tier it. Had it been confirmed without any tiers shown, I would, but at this point it would be cheating.

Well, I don't have time to go through that thread, unless it was posted recently.

And alright, that's understandable.
    GandWuser;5003378 said:
    And finished. Today we had two peppers: the Sgt. with his Club Band and the Red Hot with "Nobody Weird Like Me". Also we had some breakfast in America with "Cupid's Chokehold". Added as well was Math the Band with the electric "Dead Phsyical", and finally the King of Crimson told us how he talks to the wind.

I managed to laugh at that. You should do little fillers like that more often.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to tomorrow! I hope you like the 2 songs SoConfined did, he really works hard on them as he is a one-man band.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Thank you! Next track from Crimson King is "Epitaph". (track 03 of 05)
    edited March 2013
    Mileycyrussoulja;5003381 said:
    Well, I don't have time to go through that thread, unless it was posted recently.

And alright, that's understandable.

I managed to laugh at that. You should do little fillers like that more often.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to tomorrow! I hope you like the 2 songs SoConfined did, he really works hard on them as he is a one-man band.
    Did some digging, here it is. I also seem to have Bass up one dot too.

The filler was inspired by SoConfined. :) I listened to his songs, I enjoyed them.

Also, just as an announcement so it's not much of a shock. Two Sundays from now is Easter. Because of this, a full album will be raised. And since it is Easter, I have gone with a hits compilation from one of the few Christian artists I actually like, Newsboys. Specifically, Shine: the Hits. Even if you're not Christian or don't like that kind of stuff normally, give them a listen. They tend to switch their sound around every album or so, and so far the songs I've tiered have been labeled Pop-Rock, Rock, and Nu-Metal. And that's only from that one compilation, and not even all of it. Best of all, they are good. That's the important thing.
    edited March 2013
    GandWuser;5003397 said:
    Did some digging, here it is. I also seem to have Bass up one dot too.

Yup, indeed. Looks like vocals, guitar, and bass are all 4 dots, then. We'll see if it gets a pro upgrade or not, and we'll of course check the drum and keys tier.
    GandWuser;5003397 said:

The filler was inspired by SoConfined. :) I listened to his songs, I enjoyed them.

I'm really glad you liked them! He's a really good friend of mine and a talented fella. I'll make sure I'll have you tier his upcoming songs, whenever those get released. Out of curiosity, what did you think of the vocals in those songs? He said the vocals might be the one thing that turns off listeners of his music, because of how unclear and muffled-sounding they are.
  • CosmicBushellCosmicBushell Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Awesome job with Dead Physical. Now it's time for the CosmicBushell weird tier!

Vernian Process - Behold the Machine
  • RelaubyRelauby Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for tiering Freelove Freeway the other day, it looked good. My next request is The Commodores - Brick House.
    edited March 2013
    Mileycyrussoulja;5003400 said:
    I'm really glad you liked them! He's a really good friend of mine and a talented fella. I'll make sure I'll have you tier his upcoming songs, whenever those get released. Out of curiosity, what did you think of the vocals in those songs? He said the vocals might be the one thing that turns off listeners of his music, because of how unclear and muffled-sounding they are.
    Well they are muffled and kind of unclear, but I think they go well with his atmospheric style. Everything else blends together in them, why not the vocals?
    edited March 2013
    GandWuser;5003415 said:
    Well they are muffled and kind of unclear, but I think they go well with his atmospheric style. Everything else blends together in them, why not the vocals?

Good point! :P I don't really see much of a problem with them, either. It's not like it's his fault, though - he can't afford higher-quality recording equipment at the moment. Nonetheless, thanks for your comments, I'll be sure to let him know what you thought. :D
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Nice tier for starlight. Nice!

Foster the People - "Houdini"
    edited March 2013
    Munnchy;5003554 said:
    Nice tier for starlight. Nice!

Foster the People - "Houdini"

Gunsrock already tiered that, unless you want him to tier it too.
    edited March 2013
    Both of the SoConfined tiers are up.

On second listening, I have more comments on the vocals. While they aren't badly sung, and they don't sound bad, they really fall out of time with the music. I'm not sure if that's on purpose or not, but it's a bit jarring. Not bad songs though. Has he ever thought of RBNing them?
  • edited March 2013
    The Beatles - I'm Looking Through You
    edited March 2013
    GandWuser;5003596 said:
    Both of the SoConfined tiers are up.

On second listening, I have more comments on the vocals. While they aren't badly sung, and they don't sound bad, they really fall out of time with the music. I'm not sure if that's on purpose or not, but it's a bit jarring. Not bad songs though. Has he ever thought of RBNing them?
    Hmm, I didn't really think his vocals were out of time with the music. Could you give me an example of that? Also, he actually did submit 3 of his songs to ThatAuthoringGroup not too long ago. I only know one of them, but he told me not to reveal it just yet. So yes, he has :)

Anyways, I checked out the tiers, they look very accurate! I figured Read Between the Lines would get some devils, that's definitely one of his more complex, upbeat songs; not to mention would probably be the hardest song of his to sing on vocals. Bruise looks great as well, but I expected the keys to be 1 dot. I mean, they might be simple, but there's enough of it in the song (mainly in the end) to constitute a one-dot, in my opinion. Guitar might be a dot or two overtiered too.

Nonetheless, thank you for both of these tiers, I will be sure to show him tonight!
    edited March 2013
    Mileycyrussoulja;5003615 said:
    Hmm, I didn't really think his vocals were out of time with the music. Could you give me an example of that? Also, he actually did submit 3 of his songs to ThatAuthoringGroup not too long ago. I only know one of them, but he told me not to reveal it just yet. So yes, he has :)

Anyways, I checked out the tiers, they look very accurate! I figured Read Between the Lines would get some devils, that's definitely one of his more complex, upbeat songs; not to mention would probably be the hardest song of his to sing on vocals. Bruise looks great as well, but I expected the keys to be 1 dot. I mean, they might be simple, but there's enough of it in the song (mainly in the end) to constitute a one-dot, in my opinion. Guitar might be a dot or two overtiered too.

Nonetheless, thank you for both of these tiers, I will be sure to show him tonight!
    Well it's not so much that it's out of time, it's more like it doesn't fit well with the drums. I'm not sure.

Also, you're welcome.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Mileycyrussoulja;5003557 said:
    Gunsrock already tiered that, unless you want him to tier it too.

I'll leave it up to Gandwuser. If it's not in the next update he posts, i'll just pick another song :)
    edited March 2013
    Munnchy;5003696 said:
    I'll leave it up to Gandwuser. If it's not in the next update he posts, i'll just pick another song :)
    I'll do it.

Speaking of tiers people have already done, many months ago I refused do a Dream Theater song that SoConfined tiered. I think I might end up doing it anyway now.