Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 3/26: Chevelle 3-Pack!

edited April 2013 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;5001381 said:
Hey gang,

With over four million albums sold in the United States alone, American rock band Chevelle will make their debut on the Rock Band Music Store on March 26th!

Two tracks from their second record, 2002’s Wonder What’s Next, kicks off “Chevelle Pack 01.” The second single from the album, “Send the Pain Below” peaked at number one on Billboard’s Modern Rock Tracks. “The Red,” the lead single from Wonder What’s Next, peaked at an impressive number four on Billboard’s Mainstream Rock Tracks. Finally, the first single from the band’s sixth studio album, Hats Off to the Bull, “Face to the Floor,” will round out the three-pack.

Additionally, an optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansion will be available for “The Red” for $0.99.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (March 26th, 2013)

• Chevelle – “Send the Pain Below”

• Chevelle – “The Red” X

• Chevelle – “Face to the Floor”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 27th)

Price:

$5.49, £3.19 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Chevelle Pack 01”

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

** Dates and Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For more information about the future of DLC, specifically the end of new weekly releases on April 2nd, check this announcement and FAQ as well as the associated discussion thread.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.
hmxhenry;5001385 said:
Here are the Rock Band Network tracks that hit the Xbox 360 on Thursday, 3/21/2013:

Indie Rock

Quiet Company - “It’s Better to Spend Money Like There’s No Tomorrow Than Spend

Tonight Like There’s No Money” (80 MSP)

Metal

Hopes Die Last - “Unleash Hell” (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Rainbowdragoneyes - “Thraashbath (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)

Rock

The Lora G Band - “Tonight” (160 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN releases scheduled for Tuesday, 3/26/2013 (North America) and 3/27/2013 (Europe):

Eurobeat Brony ft. Odyssey - “Discord (EuroChaos Mix)” ($1.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic
Cynic - “King of Those Who Know” ($1.99), Metal
Down June - “More” ($1.99), Rock
Van Friscia - “Rise Above” ($0.99), Prog
Freen in Green - “The Final Battle” ($0.99), Prog

And the last pack goes to... *drum roll* Chevelle.

On the PS3 RBN side of things, seems like both Brony and prog fans have reason to be excited this week!

Comments

• SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited March 2013
    Well, not interested in this band... I will buy next week's anounced title no matter what it is... but I am hoping the American Pie rumor is true.
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    RM-225;5002929 said:
    It's more of a question of Harmonix sitting on these particular tracks for this long. They could have released this pack at any time but they decided to do so near the very end of the DLC run. It strikes me as if they were bringing out the dregs of their licensing.

However, the final song we're getting, I understand completely why it will be the finale. It's a brilliant sendoff.

the dregs? Doesn't make sense since Chevelle has been on the most requested list forever...
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Not interesting

Then again it's the last time I get to complain about not liking the DLC.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited March 2013
    If you're like me and aren't a fan of Chevelle, look on the bright side: this is the last time you will ever have to pass on new DLC. I mean, assuming everyone totally loves "American Pie", which everyone should.
  • --Tay----Tay-- Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    I'm happy with Chevelle.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited March 2013
    Sayburr;5002934 said:
    Well, not interested in this band... I will buy next week's anounced title no matter what it is... but I am hoping the American Pie rumor is true.

American Pie is no longer a rumor; it was confirmed last night.
  • RelaubyRelauby Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Not too interested in Chevelle, but I'm very excited about getting American Pie next week. Great final song.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Not impressed with Chevelle at all....and after the last few months of amazing DLC, this is a rather large letdown.

Oh well....American Pie will be awesome!
  • madillmamadillma Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Crazy, I thought this announcement would be met with overwhelming joy and excitement! It's an insta-buy for me. Love all 3 choices!!!
  • RM-225RM-225 Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    David2380;5002935 said:
    the dregs? Doesn't make sense since Chevelle has been on the most requested list forever...

Being highly requested didn't always correlate with how the DLC schedule worked. Also, I added some stuff to my statement you quoted above.
  • rsm790rsm790 Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Definitely the worst dlc of the year
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    can't wait to play american pie next month!
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Kinda cool pack, was defenetly NOT expecting Send The Pain Below (even if it's still an obvious choice) since it sounds a LOT like old Deftones.

I'll get this for sure.
  • Goipper_of_GoitGoipper_of_Goit Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    It's always the same with these discussions: If you are from the US you think "what's wrong with Chevelle"? If you're not from the US, you think "Who the f**k are Chevelle"? I note on their Wikipedia page that there's nothing about any sales at all outside of the country.

Oh well, Rock Band DLC has always been US-centric and it is an American game.
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    I've never heard of Chevelle. Will watch the livestream Monday and decide if I want any of these then.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    If I won this pack of songs for free, I'd play all of them through at least once.
    I want to thank the gang at Harmonix for the many thousands of songs that you've offered over the years, that's part of why this game is one of the best ever.
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Goipper_of_Goit;5002948 said:
    It's always the same with these discussions: If you are from the US you think "what's wrong with Chevelle"? If you're not from the US, you think "Who the f**k are Chevelle"? I note on their Wikipedia page that there's nothing about any sales at all outside of the country.

Oh well, Rock Band DLC has always been US-centric and it is an American game.

I'm sure that's because the sales in the US are higher than any other country
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Goipper_of_Goit;5002948 said:
    It's always the same with these discussions: If you are from the US you think "what's wrong with Chevelle"?

There are plenty of people in this thread from the US who aren't saying what's wrong with chevelle. I personally, know what's wrong with them.
  • joe_camjoe_cam Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Thank you, HMX, for finally giving us Chevelle. I've waited years for them to finally hit Rock Band and it just hurts to see the packed called "Chevelle Pack 01" since we will never get a Pack 02 and therefore never get The Clincher in the game.
    But I'm happy with the three songs we did get. Incredibly happy and grateful that I can finally, FINALLY play some Chevelle in Rock Band.
    Now to go back to an overall sense of depression due to the end of DLC.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited March 2013
    Buying the pack because it's the 2nd-to-last week. If this were any other week, I would have gotten "The Red" and "Face to the Floor".
  • holycow98holycow98 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    I'll have to get this pack. I like Chevelle but my wife loves them. I actually like their newer stuff but not very familiar with the older songs. I certainly dig Face to the Floor.
  • Moist_NipplesMoist_Nipples Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    I'll buy the pack. Songs aren't amazing but they'll be enjoyable for the most part.

The last pack indeed...And a pity the last song is now out in the open. I guess that means no more prediction threads, no more hints, no more excitement, but also no more disappointment.

It's been a long ride. One that I've really only been a part of for 3 years instead of 5 1/2, but oh what a great ride it's been!

Thanks Harmonix. Time to hop off now!
  • TcheBoyTcheBoy Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    must have some people happy with this... sadly noone that I know

so many groups to be released, and now the dream is over. thanks for what have you done till now, though.
  • SudobyteSudobyte Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Does this mean we'll finally get to find out what the "good old boys" were drinking? Because I've been singing "orange juice" for years in GH/BH and while it fits well enough, I've been told that it's incorrect.
    In all seriousness, though, I would have preferred Closing Time, as even if it's in the other game series, we do already kind of have AP. Though I will still buy it.
    As for Chevelle, I'm not actually familiar with them, but will decide when the video preview goes up whether to buy.
  • jarodtoiletboyjarodtoiletboy Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Lame pack. So many other better bands we will never see.....
    Ah well, thanks for the good stuff we have already Harmonix.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited March 2013
    Not really interested. I'll listen again, but didn't care for what I heard a few days ago.
    ATWHFTWXD;5002923 said:
    No Skid Row? (Youth Gone Wild)
    No masters (Lost in a hurricane a few years ago)
    ATWHFTWXD;5002923 said:
    Please tell me that American Pie won't be the ONLY song released on the last day!?
    It's been confirmed for ages it's only 1 song, so probably just American Pie, though that's technically a rumor till next friday.
  • KnightOfBlissKnightOfBliss Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    I wanted "Tug o' War" to be on the list...but I guess Send the Pain Below and Face to the Floor will do!

Good to see Chevelle made it =)
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Congrats to the Chevelle fans.

Not a group for me, but again thanks for the past half-decade Harmonix! It was a great run, and you've provided me with fuel for the entertainment fire for years to come (until my hardware breaks).

/huzzah
    ATWHFTWXD;5002923 said:
    Please tell me that American Pie won't be the ONLY song released on the last day!?

It's been known for weeks there will only be one song on the Final Day.
  • kravenkraven Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Not the way I wanted to go out, but the wife loves Chevelle so...

Hate to see this game die. Only game that got my friends together to play since gaming online started. Thanks Harmonix.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    hmxhenry" said:
    Hey gang,

With over four million albums sold in the United States alone, American rock band Chevelle will make their debut on the Rock Band Music Store on March 26th!

Two tracks from their second record, 2002’s Wonder What’s Next, kicks off “Chevelle Pack 01.”
    HMX is trolling...