Price Jump on PS3 Rock Band 3 Game and Peripherals

WillieRayPRWillieRayPR Unsigned
edited March 2013 in Rock Band
Has anyone else noticed that prices for the Rock Band 3 game, as well as PS3 Guitar and Drum peripherals for Rock Band and Guitar Hero have skyrocketed?

A PS3 copy of RB3 will now run you anywhere between $60-$80
A PS3 Guitar Hero controller will probably run you about $100.

dafuq?

Game on Amazon
RB1 Guitar
RB3 Stock Drum Kit with Pro Expansion - You may as well buy IONs. They're cheaper :P

Comments

  • stixman6stixman6 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    WillieRayPR;5002437 said:
    Has anyone else noticed that prices for the Rock Band 3 game, as well as PS3 Guitar and Drum peripherals for Rock Band and Guitar Hero have skyrocketed?

    A PS3 copy of RB3 will now run you anywhere between $60-$80
    A PS3 Guitar Hero controller will probably run you about $100.

    dafuq?

    Game on Amazon
    RB1 Guitar
    RB3 Stock Drum Kit with Pro Expansion - You may as well buy IONs. They're cheaper :P

    You can still get the RB3 PS3 Strat in Cherry or Blue directly from MadCatz for $59.99. I did a few weeks back and the price still shows the same on the website.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    This has been happening for a while. Simple supply and demand.

    Supply is ever-shrinking (since they aren't making any new equipment, and haven't for a while). Demand is low but constant — the people who still play are generally experts that push their plastic instruments to the limit. Eventually even a well-treated instrument is going to fail.

    On the plus side, it seems that MadCatz still owns the rights and capability of making more guitars and pro drums. Once prices get really ridiculous, and hundreds of people are willing to pre-order new equipment at 25% premium to the original retail prices, they would surely be willing (and, apparently, able?) to fill those orders.

    Try finding some new equipment for Dance Dance Revolution, or Beatmania, surely that's an even more hopeless task.
  • edited March 2013
    Meat-Popsicle;5002447 said:
    This has been happening for a while. Simple supply and demand.
    QFT

    Heck, MPA's were selling for 200.00 on eBay when they first came out due to low supply.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited March 2013
    If you get extremely lucky, you can spot an RB3 game used for $20 (or $30, I don't remember for sure) at Gamestop. I saw two in the same store for PS3 one day while browsing and I went back a couple weeks later and they were both gone. So, it's worth checking Gamestop's inventory to see if they have it in stock, you could get lucky.
  • NeilDiamond1974NeilDiamond1974 Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    I don't know why they don't offer a digital download of the full game like they do on X-Box.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited March 2013
    It's because the games on it's final walk. Guitar Hero guitars are pretty pricey as well... i spent $110 on a GH5 one, but than it dropped back down to $75 or 80 i believe on PS3. Don't remember exactly, but i got it a bit cheaper when i had to re-buy one.

    So expect the RB stuff to skyrocket for awhile, people will eventually drop the prices if they can't get rid of it though. Think that's what happened with amazons GH5 guitar prices.
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Dangimarocker;5002517 said:
    It's because the games on it's final walk. Guitar Hero guitars are pretty pricey as well... i spent $110 on a GH5 one, but than it dropped back down to $75 or 80 i believe on PS3. Don't remember exactly, but i got it a bit cheaper when i had to re-buy one.

    So expect the RB stuff to skyrocket for awhile, people will eventually drop the prices if they can't get rid of it though. Think that's what happened with amazons GH5 guitar prices.
    People I knew told me I was insane to buy two GH5 guitars at $20 each right after GH:Warriors of Rock released, when I already had two RB stratocasters.

    I'm pretty sure that has to be one of the best purchases I've ever made.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Are you serious? I thought the exact opposite. A RB3 copy can be found at 20-30 bucks (was 50 some months ago), the guitars can't be found except for the telecaster, that's now 50 bucks (was 90 some time ago) and the Mustang finally dropped to 100 € after being around 130/140 for a whole year.

    Damn the european market is SO different.

    The keyboard bundle is now around 40 bucks after being stable at 80 for an year (was 130 from october 2010 until feb 2012)
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Guys any ps3 copies of the RB3 game would be appreciated. My ex kept mine :( Please PM me
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Contact Madcatz. Harmonix have stated time and again, even recently that if there is demand (enough people write) they will make more. Specify what you're looking for (ps3 guitar/game/bundle).
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Mad Catz is only publishing the Xbox version of the game. I think that the PS3 version has become so expensive because it's out of print.
Sign In or Register to comment.