really? no mention of American Pie being played yesterday?!

IAmMurlocIAmMurloc Unsigned
edited March 2013 in Rock Band
uh...how come there are no threads about this? I imagined the forums would be going crazy with this stuff.
at the RB party yesterday American Pie was played....sooo....American Pie confirmed?

1) if it is the last song, kinda ruined the surprise
2) if it's one of those songs they have but can't release, horrible timing to play it considering everyone expected this to be the last song.

thoughts? comments?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/562085_10151282787141652_1199877852_n.jpg

https://twitter.com/kitlerc/status/314956886006968320/photo/1

Comments

• peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Of course it's the last song. that's why you don't see much reaction, it's not suprising to anyone apparently except for you.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    I'm just surprised I wasn't invited.
  • IAmMurlocIAmMurloc Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    well in all the prediction threads and discussions about it, yes, American Pie comes up more than once and i'm glad that's the song, but Harmonix has never said "stop guessing, it WAS American Pie, haha"...they kept playing it up.
    there's been major outrage on this forum for way less than HMX leaking themselves 1.5 weeks in advance. just thought i'd see something.

and trust me, I love this song. but i'm less surprised (and less shocked) to have it in the game than 99% of people in this forum. yourself, most likely, included.
  • edited March 2013
    I don't think it counts as a leak if they say "we're gonna play the final DLC song".
    edited March 2013
    oh damn, see, that's something that you don't quite get in pictures. which is all I got sent. so, awesome. no more prediction threads ever!?!
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2013
    IAmMurloc;5002892 said:
    1) if it is the last song, kinda ruined the surprise
    Um what? If anything this was the BEST way to do it. I didn't watch the livestream but I get the sense that this was the final song played, as an emotional send off to a franchise that has given some of us 5 years of amazing music, fun times, and great memories. (And others 5 years of stuff to whine about).

What better way to announce it?
    IAmMurloc;5002892 said:
    2) if it's one of those songs they have but can't release, horrible timing to play it considering everyone expected this to be the last song.
    When has Harmonix ever done that? And no, the PoC "Welcome to the Jungle" video doesn't count.
    IAmMurloc;5002913 said:
    oh damn, see, that's something that you don't quite get in pictures. which is all I got sent. so, awesome. no more prediction threads ever!?!
    Wait wait wait. You opened a complaint thread without even having all of the facts?

Lol.
    edited March 2013
    IAmMurloc;5002904 said:
    well in all the prediction threads and discussions about it, yes, American Pie comes up more than once and i'm glad that's the song, but Harmonix has never said "stop guessing, it WAS American Pie, haha"...they kept playing it up.
    there's been major outrage on this forum for way less than HMX leaking themselves 1.5 weeks in advance. just thought i'd see something.

and trust me, I love this song. but i'm less surprised (and less shocked) to have it in the game than 99% of people in this forum. yourself, most likely, included.

Apparently you're more suprised than I am because I knew it was the last song before they announced it.
    IAmMurloc;5002913 said:

Yeah the leak has been around long before this, when it got posted to the actual dashboard a while back. We even knew chevelle was the final pack. This announcement ws no suprise at all. Except to apparently you.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2013
    All I know is I can't wait to sing this as well as Weird Al's "The Saga Begins". ;)
    edited March 2013
    T-Hybrid;5002921 said:

Wait wait wait. You opened a complaint thread without even having all of the facts?
    I didn't think of this as a complaint thread.
    peterock2007;5002947 said:
    Apparently you're more suprised than I am because I knew it was the last song before they announced it.
    you knew? as in, you accessed partnernet, where the songs are uploaded prior to being released on the marketplace, and knew? or you were aware of the rumor based on the guy who saw the chevelle pack and this song? because I knew of that too.

and i think there's a slight reading comprehension issue here. I said I am not surprised or shocked to *have it in game* for reasons that I can't and won't discuss in here.

my only surprise is that they did it this way, and now there is hype-building for the next week. which, I personally don't get into, I just check on friday mornings and i'm happy with that. but it's been a tradition to do the prediction threads and build the hype for the last few years. kill the "fun" in the last week?

oh well, luckily my faith tells me that come April 9th, something will happen and DLC will not die. IT. WILL. NOT. DIE!
    edited March 2013
    IAmMurloc;5002972 said:
    I didn't think of this as a complaint thread.

you knew? as in, you accessed partnernet, where the songs are uploaded prior to being released on the marketplace, and knew? or you were aware of the rumor based on the guy who saw the chevelle pack and this song? because I knew of that too.
    I knew it wasn't a rumor.
    IAmMurloc;5002972 said:
    I said I am not surprised or shocked to *have it in game* for reasons that I can't and won't discuss in here.
    Let me guess you're Don McLean irl.

IAmMurloc;5002972 said:
    my only surprise is that they did it this way, and now there is hype-building for the next week. which, I personally don't get into, I just check on friday mornings and i'm happy with that. but it's been a tradition to do the prediction threads and build the hype for the last few years. kill the "fun" in the last week?

oh well, luckily my faith tells me that come April 9th, something will happen and DLC will not die. IT. WILL. NOT. DIE!

The leak was going to be fully legitimized today when they officially announced Chevelle, why not officially announce American Pie before and get some good feelings out of it rather than have their last week a confirmed leak for weeks.
    edited March 2013
    peterock2007;5002985 said:

Let me guess you're Don McLean irl.
    Of course not, don't be silly. I Am Murloc.
    edited March 2013
    The leak was going to be fully legitimized today when they officially announced Chevelle
    you would think that, but I remember when the Blitz setlist was leaked, they kept denying it all the way until the last songs of the pack were announced, and every single song from the "leak" was in the final setlist of Blitz songs...that's what I came to expect from HMX. denial until the very last minute.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    yeah it was leaked a while back and so it wasn't a surprise. big deal. it's still newsworthy that it is officially confirmed now as the final DLC song, it's silly arguing about it now. even bigger news, as that 2nd twit pic shows, is that the words "whiskey and rye" are visible. so everyone worrying about a Bandhero-esque neutered version can lay their minds to rest.

i'm excited about the song. there's hundreds of songs i'd be even more excited about, but as far as final DLC songs go, it's fitting and suitably epic enough for the last release.
  • RelaubyRelauby Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Is there anywhere we can watch the livestream, or was it not recorded?
  • OddbrotherOddbrother Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    tnevaker;5002996 said:
    even bigger news, as that 2nd twit pic shows, is that the words "whiskey and rye" are visible. so everyone worrying about a Bandhero-esque neutered version can lay their minds to rest.
    I knew someone would bring that up, as to be expected. As usual, thank Microsoft for not getting in the way of this.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited March 2013
    IAmMurloc;5002994 said:
    Of course not, don't be silly. I Am Murloc.
    How can I be sure I'm not back on NeoGAF?
  • MaximusDMMaximusDM Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Does it seriously not have a pro upgrade?
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    i figured it had to be a long song so that's why i was hoping for "funeral for a friend", but i'll gladly take "american pie" over "the end".
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2013
    T-Hybrid;5002963 said:
    All I know is I can't wait to sing this as well as Weird Al's "The Saga Begins". ;)
    Keep in mind "American Pie" has more verses than "The Saga Begins." Be prepared to do a lot of humming, or even better, make up your own "special edition" of "The Saga Begins."
    MaximusDM;5003094 said:
    Does it seriously not have a pro upgrade?

No, it doesn't. HMX officially confirmed no pro upgrade for the final track a long while back, even before the final track's identity was leaked.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    I'm looking forward to play this song, hopefully the word Whisky will remain in the song ;-)

Seriously it was the best song on Band Hero and they blocked out a reference to alcohol yet they put in a couple of songs with references to sex!
    edited March 2013
    V8VANTAGE;5005070 said:
    I'm looking forward to play this song, hopefully the word Whisky will remain in the song ;-)

Seriously it was the best song on Band Hero and they blocked out a reference to alcohol yet they put in a couple of songs with references to sex!

Confirmed a long time ago... It's not censored.

Multiple times on this very page.

And now below this post as well, just in case.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    V8VANTAGE;5005070 said:
    You can see it on the chart in this photo linked to in the OP.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    good thing chevrolet is still around. thanks, obama.