Simmons SD7PK - Will These Work with Rock Band 3?

Puppet12Puppet12 Unsigned
edited March 2013 in Rock Band
I've been a fan of the other Rock Band games and want to get Rock Band 3 (yeah, I know I'm a bit late). I also want an electronic drum set that I'd be able to play for when I'm not playing RB3 that's under $500 and is good (build-wise, sound quality, etc.).

So far the only kit that's caught my attention was the Simmons SD7PK. I've seen one video of it being used with Rock Band 3's Pro Mode (as it was the only one I could find) and have heard that it works, provided that you have a MIDI Pro Adapter (already have it). I've also read about some issues people had regarding the drums and not being able to change the notes.

I just really want to make sure that this kit works for Rock Band 3 before I buy it, as $450 isn't really cheap. Either that or do you guys use any other drum kit that's under $500? I know it's not too much, but it's all I've got to spend on this. I also don't want to get another RB2 stock kit, as my last one only lasted me a few months or so before it broke. Sorry for all this text, but thanks.

Comments

• Puppet12Puppet12 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    I just spent 300 bucks on the simmons sd5k e-drums that I got on sale. That's what I could afford. I know mine will work because I've been investigating for several weeks and a friend of mine has a larger set, but he said mine will work fine, so the 7's should work as well. Anyway there are some other recent threads in the forum that address other e-drums costs and questions. good luck :)
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    It should be plug and play, but remember that you might have to map the MIDI notes, depending on which notes the kit sends when it's at its factory state.
  • SychosymaticSychosymatic Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Yes, the SD7PK works straight out of the box with the MIDI converter. It's the set I use to play. No changes in MIDI mapping needed. The only thing you'll probably have to mess with is the sensitivity on the converter. At first, mine was a little too sensitive and there were many double hits.
  • NEBuc6NEBuc6 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    I have the Simmons set you are talking about and it works fine with Rock Band 3 but you do have to adjust the sensitivity settings. Just takes a little trial and error to figure it out. There are probably better sets out there but this one is good for the price you pay for it. You will have to purchase a drum pedal and headphones (to play it without rock band) separate.
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    I had to adjust the midi mapping on my SD7K.
    But thats not too hard. There's a thread on here saying what the values need to be.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    defdog99;5003602 said:
    I had to adjust the midi mapping on my SD7K.
    But thats not too hard. There's a thread on here saying what the values need to be.

It's written in the MPA's instructions manual.