Beatles Rock Band 2?

cool4catscool4cats Unsigned
edited April 2013 in The Beatles: Rock Band
My sister is bugging me to ask you, if there was a Beatles Rock Band 2, what songs/albums would you like to see? Here are the ones we want to see:

Albums:

1.Yellow Submarine
2.HELP!
3.LOVE
4.Magical Mystery Tour
5.Please Please Me
6.Revolver
7.White Album/The Beatles

Songs:

1.Lady Madonna
2.Hey Jude
3.All My Loving
4.Roll Over Beethoven
5.I'm a Loser

Comments

  • clarknovaclarknova Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Albums:

    The Beatles Story
    The Beatles Live at the Hollywood Bowl
    Reel Music
    Love Songs
    Best of the Beatles
    Beatles at the Star Club

    Songs:

    Wild Honey Pie
    Dig It
    Mr. Moonlight
    Why don't we do it in the road?
    Revolution No. 9
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited March 2013
    There won't be a Beatles RB2.
    SImple as that.
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Dangimarocker;5005317 said:
    There won't be a Beatles RB2.
    SImple as that.
    Simply put, you're no employee of Harmonix or Apple Corps. and don't know what you're talking about...:-)
  • troad86troad86 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Arkham99;5005381 said:
    Simply put, you're no employee of Harmonix or Apple Corps. and don't know what you're talking about...:-)

    As an avid forum reader I can assure you they are right.

    HMX is ending dlc for RB3 and are pretty much done with Rock Band and related games for forseeable future.

    Any post in the DLC ending in April thread can back up my statement.
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    troad86;5005416 said:
    As an avid forum reader I can assure you they are right.

    HMX is ending dlc for RB3 and are pretty much done with Rock Band and related games for forseeable future.

    Any post in the DLC ending in April thread can back up my statement.
    "an avid forum reader" is no substitute for an "employee of Harmonix or Apple Corps." Since you brought up material presented during a "post in the DLC ending in April thread" which you claim "can back up my (your) statement", re-read this excerpt by hmxhenry (who IS an employee of Harmonix):

    "While we’re no longer actively pursuing content for release, we still have the technical capability should the right band and the right opportunity arise. We don’t have anything planned for release at the moment, but it’s not something we’ve ruled out."

    Quite contradictory to the

    "There won't be a Beatles RB2.
    SImple as that."

    You want "back up" your fellow "avid forum reader" instead of a genuine Harmonix employee then knock yourself out, but the reality IS that neither of you have ANY insight into ANY future Harmonix projects, and if you did, you wouldn't be making announcements claiming that the door to another Beatles' game is sealed shut forever when, in fact, hmxhenry clearly states that the door is still open...:-)
  • beatlesfan99beatlesfan99 Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Arkham99;5005505 said:
    "an avid forum reader" is no substitute for an "employee of Harmonix or Apple Corps." Since you brought up material presented during a "post in the DLC ending in April thread" which you claim "can back up my (your) statement", re-read this excerpt by hmxhenry (who IS an employee of Harmonix):

    "While we’re no longer actively pursuing content for release, we still have the technical capability should the right band and the right opportunity arise. We don’t have anything planned for release at the moment, but it’s not something we’ve ruled out."

    Quite contradictory to the

    "There won't be a Beatles RB2.
    SImple as that."

    You want "back up" your fellow "avid forum reader" instead of a genuine Harmonix employee then knock yourself out, but the reality IS that neither of you have ANY insight into ANY future Harmonix projects, and if you did, you wouldn't be making announcements claiming that the door to another Beatles' game is sealed shut forever when, in fact, hmxhenry clearly states that the door is still open...:-)

    Buddy, it's just not going to happen.

    I suppose theoretically there is some possibility that Harmonix could develop a game where you ride a rocking chair like a pony set to dubstep remixes of Phil Collins and Stephen Colbert's Christmas album, however it is highly unlikely.

    The same goes for The Beatles Rock Band 2. They are never going to completely rule anything out because that's just bad business. However, you have to look at it realistically. Rock Band, and music games in general are dying, it's just a part of life. Believe me, I wish I was wrong, but any other way of looking at it would just be me trying to fool myself.

    Instead, we should just look back and appreciate the amazing game they made, and be happy that it even existed. I recently went back to look at some of the old trailers released before the game came out, and they really brought back some great memories of excitement from that great fervor of hype that surrounded the release TB:RB.

    The dream is over. Just be grateful for what we have.
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Believe me, I AM "grateful for what we have", I'm just not as closed minded as some of you are to another Beatles' game becoming a reality and don't base my opinions off of the dramatic emotional overreaction to the news that RockBand 3's weekly DLC is ending.

    Rock Band 3's much touted '5-Year Run' finally coming to an end is a GOOD thing. You say that "music games in general are dying", but why is that? OVERSATURATION What was the other music game released around the same time as The Beatles' game? GuitarWarrior 19 or whatever? Which The Beatles' game proceeded to outclass and outsell by a considerable margin even during the height of "oversaturation". People blame companies other than Harmonix for jumping on the bandwagon but Harmonix are just as guilty of "oversaturation" with the weekly DLC scrappings run which should've ended a long time ago, in my opinion.

    Another factor which tends to entice you and others to believe that the sky is falling is the lack of information to support future endeavours, try finding ANY news on ANY NextGen video game title nowadays, not only is being tight-lipped on the subject become trendy but it's likely required by law due to the big players' non-disclosure agreements.

    There's a "possibility that Harmonix could develop a game where you ride a rocking chair like a pony set to dubstep remixes of Phil Collins and Stephen Colbert's Christmas album"? I'll agree with you that that prospect appears to be "unlikely", but that's the direction that things were going had they attempted to prolong the '5-Year Run' any longer, with the weekly peanut gallery out of the way, "oversaturation" will now become truly a thing of the past, good news for music video games indeed...:-)
  • troad86troad86 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Arkham99;5005716 said:
    Believe me, I AM "grateful for what we have", I'm just not as closed minded as some of you are to another Beatles' game becoming a reality and don't base my opinions off of the dramatic emotional overreaction to the news that RockBand 3's weekly DLC is ending.

    Rock Band 3's much touted '5-Year Run' finally coming to an end is a GOOD thing. You say that "music games in general are dying", but why is that? OVERSATURATION What was the other music game released around the same time as The Beatles' game? GuitarWarrior 19 or whatever? Which The Beatles' game proceeded to outclass and outsell by a considerable margin even during the height of "oversaturation". People blame companies other than Harmonix for jumping on the bandwagon but Harmonix are just as guilty of "oversaturation" with the weekly DLC scrappings run which should've ended a long time ago, in my opinion.

    Another factor which tends to entice you and others to believe that the sky is falling is the lack of information to support future endeavours, try finding ANY news on ANY NextGen video game title nowadays, not only is being tight-lipped on the subject become trendy but it's likely required by law due to the big players' non-disclosure agreements.

    There's a "possibility that Harmonix could develop a game where you ride a rocking chair like a pony set to dubstep remixes of Phil Collins and Stephen Colbert's Christmas album"? I'll agree with you that that prospect appears to be "unlikely", but that's the direction that things were going had they attempted to prolong the '5-Year Run' any longer, with the weekly peanut gallery out of the way, "oversaturation" will now become truly a thing of the past, good news for music video games indeed...:-)

    I do believe that HMX had previously stated that they were done with "band specific" games and were focusing solely on DLC from that point on.

    As for the possibility of one time special releases I would think that those would also be DLC releases as well, as I don't see HMX having the time or the resources to do another "band specific" game as A one time only release.

    I don't pretend to be A HMX employee as you say, however I do think that myself and alot of other people on this forum are being more realistic than you, and I'm not sure why you feel the need to be so hateful with your comments just because myself and other people on here may have burst your unrealistic bubble.

    I'm upset about the state of Rock Band as well, but nothing I say or do will change the facts as is the same with you.

    the fact is Rock Band is ending for the forseeable future and no amount of wishful thinking will change that.
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    troad86;5005840 said:
    I do believe that HMX had previously stated that they were done with "band specific" games and were focusing solely on DLC from that point on.
    You have a quote from a Harmonix employee to back this statement up? or, is it as legit a remark as your previous "Any post in the DLC ending in April thread can back up my statement"?

    Here's a RECENT direct quote from a Harmonix employee that I'll post for a second time that directly contradicts BOTH of your UNVERIFIED comments:

    "While we’re no longer actively pursuing content for release, we still have the technical capability should the right band and the right opportunity arise. We don’t have anything planned for release at the moment, but it’s not something we’ve ruled out."

    You don't believe that The Beatles would meet the criteria for "the right band and the right opportunity arise" as hmxhenry publicly states?

    As far as your personal analysis of me being "so hateful with your (my) comments", well, you're obviously running out of heresay "quotes" that don't substantiate your negative take on the topic and are beginning to resort to personal attacks to take attention away from the FACT that you don't know what you're talking about...:-)
  • cool4catscool4cats Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Hey,what if some guy from Harmonix said, "Maybye we should make a second Beatles Rock Band ,since there are so many Beatles fans out there''.And they do there video game heebie jeebies
  • troad86troad86 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Arkham99;5005859 said:
    You have a quote from a Harmonix employee to back this statement up? or, is it as legit a remark as your previous "Any post in the DLC ending in April thread can back up my statement"?

    Here's a RECENT direct quote from a Harmonix employee that I'll post for a second time that directly contradicts BOTH of your UNVERIFIED comments:

    "While we’re no longer actively pursuing content for release, we still have the technical capability should the right band and the right opportunity arise. We don’t have anything planned for release at the moment, but it’s not something we’ve ruled out."

    You don't believe that The Beatles would meet the criteria for "the right band and the right opportunity arise" as hmxhenry publicly states?

    As far as your personal analysis of me being "so hateful with your (my) comments", well, you're obviously running out of heresay "quotes" that don't substantiate your negative take on the topic and are beginning to resort to personal attacks to take attention away from the FACT that you don't know what you're talking about...:-)

    Here is A link to A twitter post from HMXHenry about it, that does I believe back up my statement.

    https://twitter.com/HMXhenry/status/81037916389908480
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    So, "No news at the moment, still not expecting any band specific RB titles in the near future.
    4:38 p.m. Wed, Jun 15"

    This verifies that there will never be a Beatles' RockBand 2? Is that really the best that you can do? What year was this smoking gun quote made? It obviously wasn't 2013, which was the year stamped to the hmxhenry quote I used to prove that Harmonix is still open to "band specific RB titles" if "the right opportunity" presented itself by "the right band". Even if that quote was from 2012, you don't think that March 2013 is well past what he was referring to as "the near future"?

    Your attempt to pour cold water on a prospective future Beatles' title as some sort of "reality dose" is every bit a fairy-tale as the many posters' ideas expressed to support it, until an absolute announcement debunking the idea from qualified personnel comes along, your claims to glimpsing into the future are just as cloudy as those who are encouraged by what they think may still happen, and that's a possible 'Beatles RockBand 2', so get used to hearing about it, STILL...:-)
  • Oblivion1026Oblivion1026 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    That quote that you're latching onto so intently is about DLC, specifically. Not new games. That quote was HMXHenry saying that while they have nothing planned for DLC, they are open to the idea of new DLC in the future.

    They also have oficially stated that they are not working on any new Rock Band titles, and have no current plans to. I don't have a link, but that has been stated numerous times.

    Finally, as someone else said, they're never going to say it won't happen, but a full stand alone game devoted to one band, especially one that would need as much attention as the Beatles, would be very costly and time consuming. Add to that the fact that, if any possible sequel were next gen, the DLC would potentially not be able to carry over, and you have a situation that's really not worth it.

    Also, I found it amusing that you think DLC added to the oversaturation issue. It was the literal games flooding the market, not the DLC for them. Had Guitar Hero stuck to a similar business model as Rock Band, the market may not have taken the downward turn that it did.
  • troad86troad86 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Oblivion1026;5005911 said:
    That quote that you're latching onto so intently is about DLC, specifically. Not new games. That quote was HMXHenry saying that while they have nothing planned for DLC, they are open to the idea of new DLC in the future.

    They also have oficially stated that they are not working on any new Rock Band titles, and have no current plans to. I don't have a link, but that has been stated numerous times.

    Finally, as someone else said, they're never going to say it won't happen, but a full stand alone game devoted to one band, especially one that would need as much attention as the Beatles, would be very costly and time consuming. Add to that the fact that, if any possible sequel were next gen, the DLC would potentially not be able to carry over, and you have a situation that's really not worth it.

    Also, I found it amusing that you think DLC added to the oversaturation issue. It was the literal games flooding the market, not the DLC for them. Had Guitar Hero stuck to a similar business model as Rock Band, the market may not have taken the downward turn that it did.

    Well said, I agree.
  • beatlesfan99beatlesfan99 Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    @Arkham I have to give you credit for latching on so passionately to this prospect, but your entire point essentially boils down to "you can't prove that they won't make it", which in itself is not a very strong argument for reasons that shouldn't need to be stated.

    But whatever, you can believe what you wish, I just personally wouldn't get my hopes up.

    Also, your passive-aggressive smiley faces are starting to bother me...
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    beatlesfan99;5005928 said:
    your entire point essentially boils down to "you can't prove that they won't make it"
    Not at all, there's many reasons to believe that the concept has merit and is more than simply "wishful thinking"

    The demand for more Beatles in ANY format is ALWAYS there, this FACT is indisputable, especially when Harmonix literally only scratched the surface of their extensive catalogue first time around. The prospect possesses an annomolous demographic that spans young children to the elderly which is all too rare amongst music lovers and business ventures today.

    The first game was such an overwhelming artistic success that artists such as U2 and their Management publicly applauded the work and expressed interest in pursuing a game themselves, contrary to their previous stance of dismissing the video game format as "cheap" or "selling out". I too, used to share this same sentiment, and without 'The Beatles RockBand' would've never spent a penny on any of their other games but now I own all of them.

    The surviving members of The Beatles and their Estate are dedicated and much devoted to preserving the music and legacy of The Beatles for the Next Generation (pun intended), and it's no secret that an upswing in video game sales is imminent when the new consoles hit the market soon. All of them (including Yoko Ono) have proven many times over that they possess strong and keen business sense, if there's to be any resurgence in music video games, you can be assured that they'll be at the forefront of any discussion, as they have been whenever a new music innovation arises.

    The obvious downturn in market trends, due to oversaturation, also present new opportunities for a dedicated talented group such as Harmonix. They were able to secure the hefty licensing fee once all ready and now have a rare working relationship with the Fab Four to explore further, with prior hard sales data that they didn't have before, projecting the very likely successful outcome for another future project.

    The "wild card", if you like, is that SONY now owns Micheal Jackson's former majority holdings of Lennon/McCartney's songbook, but The Beatles still have control over how their music is used. This new reality could make dealings with Microsoft more complicated, but relations between the two competitors have improved considerably over the past year. Microsoft recently allowed an enormously successful former XBOX/PC exclusive in 'MASS Effect' to become PS3 playable as of December 2012, which was thought to be more of an impossibility than a 'Beatles RockBand 2' just a few months earlier, so there's no reason why a band like The Beatles wouldn't inspire SONY to move a mountain of their own as well.

    Harmonix is likely looking back on their work over the years before proceeding forward, and one project stands above all the others as an artistic and commercial success with longevity, and that's The Beatles...:-)
  • DavidTLynchEsqDavidTLynchEsq Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Not expecting another Beatles game isn't closed-minded, it's realistic. Getting your hopes up for something they flat-out said they're not making (it was mentioned in the FAQ when they announced the end of DLC that none of their upcoming projects will involve plastic instruments) will only lead to disappointment.
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    DavidTLynchEsq;5005969 said:
    they announced the end of DLC that none of their upcoming projects will involve plastic instruments
    The new Kinect for the 360 (or uh, 720?) is said to be able to read lips, you're gonna completely dismiss the prospect of Harmonix exploring a RockBand Kinect project? Certainly would widen the profit margin if they didn't have to manufacture plastic instruments, wouldn't it?...:-)
  • troad86troad86 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    I think it will take A HMX developer saying it to end this (if that even does).

    I'd like to point out that I wasn't saying it can't or would never happen, but I agree with pretty much everyone but Arkham, that it is highly unlikely.
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    This thread should be locked.
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    troad86;5005978 said:
    I think it will take A HMX developer saying it to end this (if that even does).

    Why don't you stop responding to these threads? That might help "end this", you contribute to bumping these threads that you want to "end" by continuously attempting to shoot them down everytime that they appear, you think they're childish? Stop paying so much attention to the childish act. You're probably correct with "if that even does (end this)", the very fact that this subject refuses to die after so long and provokes such emotions effectively demonstrates the demand that I referenced earlier, and don't think for a minute that Harmonix hasn't noticed this FACT...:-)
  • DavidTLynchEsqDavidTLynchEsq Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Arkham99;5005974 said:
    The new Kinect for the 360 (or uh, 720?) is said to be able to read lips, you're gonna completely dismiss the prospect of Harmonix exploring a RockBand Kinect project? Certainly would widen the profit margin if they didn't have to manufacture plastic instruments, wouldn't it?...:-)
    Except Rock Band also uses guitar, bass, drums, and keys; and is also on the PlayStation and Wii. Also, those same statements have been worded in a way that makes it clear that none of their upcoming projects are Rock Band games.
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    DavidTLynchEsq;5005983 said:
    those same statements have been worded in a way that makes it clear that none of their upcoming projects are Rock Band games.
    They're like any other "good" PR and worded to give as little information as possible but designed to maintain interest, companies love to ignite the rumour mill engines, cheap and effective publicity where they can evade any responsibility of misinformation and cloak their real clandestine operations, the video game industry thrives on this kind of marketing...:-)
  • troad86troad86 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Arkham99;5005980 said:
    Why don't you stop responding to these threads? That might help "end this", you contribute to bumping these threads that you want to "end" by continuously attempting to shoot them down everytime that they appear, you think they're childish? Stop paying so much attention to the childish act. You're probably correct with "if that even does (end this)", the very fact that this subject refuses to die after so long and provokes such emotions effectively demonstrates the demand that I referenced earlier, and don't think for a minute that Harmonix hasn't noticed this FACT...:-)

    Wow that was deep.

    I don't want it to end, I just don't understand why you feel the need to argue about it with everyone.

    Sorry for making you so upset was unintentional.
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Oblivion1026;5005911 said:
    Also, I found it amusing that you think DLC added to the oversaturation issue. It was the literal games flooding the market, not the DLC for them. Had Guitar Hero stuck to a similar business model as Rock Band, the market may not have taken the downward turn that it did.
    I understand the philosophy behind building a library to bolster replayability and creating a revenue stream, but as the quantity rose the quality steadily declined. It's not my place to criticize others' music tastes, but a 'Rick Springfield 3-Pack' is supposed to arouse interest and doesn't hint of "oversaturation"? I still think of Rick Springfield as Dr. Stephen Granger from the 'General Hospital' soap opera which is where he made his grand entrance to fame before 'Jessie's Girl'.

    Even the most dedicated of 'RockBand 3' enthusists boast of owning "only" 800-1000 songs, or less than 25% of what's available. Many musicians over the years have made the mistake of bombarding the markets with what is known as "throwaways" or "filler" to capitalize on profits but ultimately began their timely demise and yes, I feel that Harmonix are gulity of this practice as well, if however it was paved with good intentions.

    I guess that the jury is still out on the Blitz format, obviously cheaper for them to produce for not having to manufacture instruments, but they were also unable to charge full pop for the product and resorted to an inexpensive 'Arcade' alternative which some feel like they "sold out" with. I feel that ending the DLC run long ago would've created more of a demand for future content (like The Beatles) and trimmed off much access that could very well have done more harm than good in the long run...:-)
  • Oblivion1026Oblivion1026 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Arkham99;5005984 said:
    They're like any other "good" PR and worded to give as little information as possible but designed to maintain interest, companies love to ignite the rumour mill engines, cheap and effective publicity where they can evade any responsibility of misinformation and cloak their real clandestine operations, the video game industry thrives on this kind of marketing...:-)

    ...That's not how that would work. Saying "We aren't working on any Rock Band titles and have no plans to." is not a good PR strategy. Saying "We may have something RB related in the works." or "An announcement will be made about our upcoming games at E3." would be a good way to get people curious, and thinking about possible RB titles. And, before you try to discredit me, I'm doing the PR thing in school. Flat out denial is not a strategy that's used.

    Once again, no one is saying it couldn't happen, but the odds are incredibly slim. If they were to make a Beatles Rock Band 2, and it were next gen, you probably wouldn't have access to the songs from the first game, which included a large number of their biggest hits. Meaning most casual Beatles fans would probably pass the game over. Not good for a company. Also, the lack of those 70ish songs would turn off the more devoted fans, which is also not good.

    So...I don't think a sequel would sell as well as you think it would, if those circumstances remain true.
    Arkham99;5006035 said:
    I understand the philosophy behind building a library to bolster replayability and creating a revenue stream, but as the quantity rose the quality steadily declined. It's not my place to criticize others' music tastes, but a 'Rick Springfield 3-Pack' is supposed to arouse interest and doesn't hint of "oversaturation"? I still think of Rick Springfield as Dr. Stephen Granger from the 'General Hospital' soap opera which is where he made his grand entrance to fame before 'Jessie's Girl'.

    Even the most dedicated of 'RockBand 3' enthusists boast of owning "only" 800-1000 songs, or less than 25% of what's available. Many musicians over the years have made the mistake of bombarding the markets with what is known as "throwaways" or "filler" to capitalize on profits but ultimately began their timely demise and yes, I feel that Harmonix are gulity of this practice as well, if however it was paved with good intentions.

    I guess that the jury is still out on the Blitz format, obviously cheaper for them to produce for not having to manufacture instruments, but they were also unable to charge full pop for the product and resorted to an inexpensive 'Arcade' alternative which some feel like they "sold out" with. I feel that ending the DLC run long ago would've created more of a demand for future content (like The Beatles) and trimmed off much access that could very well have done more harm than good in the long run...:-)

    Blitz was cheaper because it didn't need to be put out on a disc. I think all digital releases should be less than retail copies, because they don't have the manufacturing cost of discs/packaging.

    But, most casual players probably don't realize as much DLC exists as their is. It's for the more dedicated players, who are the ones who have kept buying. Regardless of if it was Rick Springfield or Queen, there were gonna be people who did and did not buy it. That's just the way it works. Not everyone will love everything.

    I've got around 1000 songs, and will probably go back and hit the backlog with new releases stopping. DLC had nothing to do with the oversaturation. It's an extra for a game. Again, the oversaturation was the release cycle of the full games. Most of the blame falls to Activision, but there were other players as well.
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Oblivion1026;5006036 said:
    Flat out denial is not a strategy that's used.
    Agree, but where I disagree is that there's been no "Flat out denial" of anything to date by Harmonix. Interesting that you bring up E3, I was wondering about Harmonix' participation this year, but generally developers always try to keep a tight lid on any imminent announcements until the event, the element of surprise is key to making the "big splash", the E3 event plugs itself without having to leak details of any pending unveil...:-)
  • Oblivion1026Oblivion1026 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    1. Is this the end of Rock Band?

    This is the end of weekly Rock Band DLC. Rock Band remains an essential part of the history of Harmonix, and the franchise will always be near and dear to our hearts. We don’t have any Rock Band titles in active development at the moment, and we’ll no longer be releasing weekly DLC, but you can expect us to continue to support the existing titles and the extensive song library. We’re not breaking up the band, but we are taking a break from 5+ years of weekly performances.
    That's from the FAQ about DLC ending. No Rock Band titles currently in development. They're moving people to new IPs, and "taking a break" from Rock Band. No way is something RB related going to be announced at E3. It would make them look like liars, which is not something any company wants.
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Oblivion1026;5006036 said:


    Blitz was cheaper because it didn't need to be put out on a disc. I think all digital releases should be less than retail copies, because they don't have the manufacturing cost of discs/packaging.

    I have to disagree there as well, Microsoft have had a long standing retail cap on how much can be charged for a 360 game, yet the cost of producing these titles has continued to rise throughout, I support this method of a company attempting to cut their costs, ultimately the profit margin affects future considerations and no one knows this better than Harmonix...:-)
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Oblivion1026;5006042 said:
    That's from the FAQ about DLC ending. No Rock Band titles currently in development. They're moving people to new IPs, and "taking a break" from Rock Band. No way is something RB related going to be announced at E3. It would make them look like liars, which is not something any company wants.
    I don't expect any major announcement at E3 this year, but that statement you quoted is worded as such so that they wouldn't be perceived as "liars" even if they did. Yes, they say that they're "taking a break" but don't say for how long. They also make the point of saying "at the moment" when discussing no "Rock Band titles in active development", good PR indeed...:-)
Sign In or Register to comment.