Dear Rock Band Gods, Please give us the code to unlock everything in RB3.

krabklawkrabklaw Opening Act
edited March 2013 in Rock Band
Dear Rock Band Gods,
Now that you're discontinuing DLC for RB3 we can officially consider the title dead. Would it be too much to ask, if it is possible, to issue a code that would allow us to unlock everything in the game? I know that many fans resented the fact that the only way to get a lot of unlockables was to invest prohibitive amounts of money and time in the game. Is there really anything to be lost this late in the game by just giving up a code that would give the RB faithful still hanging around a parting gift? Please consider it, HMX. Either way, I still think you're cool.

Comments

• agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Unless an unlock all feature is already present in the game code, it's not happening. A patch would be required if it isn't and that costs a LOT of money just for one platform. My guess is that such a code doesn't exist.

If you're thinking of releasing it in the form of a key that unlocks everything via DLC, again you assume the game code is compatible with such a thing without a patch. Furthermore, that also costs money to release.
  • 19-joey-7619-joey-76 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited March 2013
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited March 2013
    Witticus;5004161 said:
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Is that the code to play the contra theme song in rock band bruther. I'm gonna try it on my wii dude :)
  • KyleJCrbKyleJCrb Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Hogan2000;5004179 said:
    Is that the code to play the contra theme song in rock band bruther. I'm gonna try it on my wii dude :)

Only if it's this version. (which coincidentally you unlock in Hard Corps: Uprising using the same code...)
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    I think that unlocking things would be a grievous mistake. We, all of us need hard to get goals (items) to keep striving for and keep us playing the game for many years without DLC.

I know that most of us will play all the same, but won't it be nice if you are still collecting stuff years later? Little perks as you overcome hurdles far off in the distance?

I think it's better this way.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    I agree with Skyp1e. It's been a while since I've gotten a new outfit by getting a big goal, because the goals get harder as you get better at playing. So... I keep chipping away everyday, so I can get those awesome little goals. I need that motivation...it's half the fun of the game for me. I want the full experience playing this game. If I have bleeding fingers from trying to play a song on my squire, in order to win a funny hat for my character, then so be it. :D
  • rockman05rockman05 Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    krabklaw;5004134 said:
    invest prohibitive amounts of money

are you talking about DLC? If so, then keep wishing cause nobody involved in the DLC is simply going to give it away. And if you're talking about something else, then please explain.
  • krabklawkrabklaw Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    rockman05;5004215 said:
    are you talking about DLC? If so, then keep wishing cause nobody involved in the DLC is simply going to give it away. And if you're talking about something else, then please explain.
    Yeah- I was referring to pro guitar and drum equipment which was quite steep to purchase and requiring 5-starring all the songs with the pro instruments. I understand giving people an incentive to keep playing, but that seems like a pretty high bar to set. I have no problem paying for the songs I want. My point in the original post is that what harm could there be at this point in time in letting owners of the game have access to all of the outfits and instruments IF it's even possible for them to do. I realize that's a big IF. It was just a crazy thought that crossed my mind to post. I don't realistically expect a response from HMX.
  • rockman05rockman05 Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    I think we are misunderstanding each other. By DLC, I mean songs that you have to purchase and download to play on the game. Seems like you're talking about unlockables in the game.

IMHO While having access to all the outfits and instruments is fun, honestly who really pays attention to them? I certainly don't. My view is mostly focused on the raceway and the falling notes. If anything, if I had the option to turn off the character models and have only animated scrolling backgrounds like on Wii's all Instrument Mode without having to put up with the scrolling lyrics, I'd gladly do that.
  • WIIBARONWIIBARON Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    If you can't make an outfit for your cartoon rockstar from the 100s of choices EARNED even for the mid-level player, keep trying and you'll feel great when you do get it. There are some cheats around for a couple of the goals. Use your ambition to investigate how to get them. As far as the cost factor[s], I suppose you mean Pro stuff. The Mustang,Keyboard and Cymbals are all selling at GIANT discounts now compared to when they were released and it wouldn't be FAIR to us who paid full prices to knock off the goals the way HMX intended. And us Wiifolk will never have the chance for the Lego,AC/DC,FreeHMX song goals/outfits at any cost. To us the Billion mark is but a dream...
  • WIIBARONWIIBARON Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    To Rockman05: In all honesty, I wouldn't wish for what Wii have. You get the flashing mess of flying stuff that is SO distracting and even blocks the chart track a bit sometimes. It is horrible! I once thought of making a piece of cardboard with a 'trackhole' in it to put on the TV screen to block the MADNESS. In a darkened room the flashing lights sometimes make you dizzy or even nauseous after a while. I would kill for the cartoon players. That is if I paid any attention to anything but the notes.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Hell, there's stuff I'm STILL unlocking in this game 2 and a half years later! I got the Shameless Self Promotion achievement (wasn't actively trying to get it...kind of forgot it existed) and didn't realize you unlock a Phase t-shirt. I loved Phase!

Anybody else play Phase? Harmonix's classic iPod game? I think it was released the same time as Rock Band 1. It's still on my iPod actually, but the screen's damaged to hell, so it's basically unplayable.
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    I love how the title of the thread assumes that such a code even exists. SPOILER: it doesn't. Nor should it. Some people actually earned that swag. Here at the end HMX should totally **** them over.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    rockman05;5004221 said:

IMHO While having access to all the outfits and instruments is fun, honestly who really pays attention to them? I certainly don't. .

Call me crazy, but I do. I actually notice if one of my online friends is wearing something that I haven't been able to access or maybe didn't even know existed. I enjoy finding out what they had to do to get that particular achievement. Special outfits, hats, instruments, donned by their character represents a medal of honor, (RB style) that they've worked hard to earn. And I do happen to think it's these little details that makes the game all the more fun.
    IMHO, of coarse. :)
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Pitch-Black;5004277 said:
    I love how the title of the thread assumes that such a code even exists. SPOILER: it doesn't. Nor should it. Some people actually earned that swag. Here at the end HMX should totally **** them over.

hackers could probably do it.