April 1st Event: RBN Salutes The End of HMX DLC! (10am EST/7am PST)

MystakinMystakin Opening Act
edited April 2013 in Rock Band
Hey everyone! As you probably already know, Harmonix is ceasing active production of DLC as of April 2nd. They leave behind a 5-year, 2,000+ song legacy that, I thought, deserves some extra recognition.

So I started to cook up an idea for a 24-hour Rock Band livestream as a tribute to the hard work HMX has put in over the years -- I assure you my current state of unemployment had nothing to do with this idea. No RBN tracks, no on-disc songs (okay, maybe a few); just 24-hours of the supplemental content HMX put out over the years.

The more I thought about it, though, the more I felt I should get some other people involved, and what better group of misfits to drag into my plot than the RBN community! After all, they're keeping the DLC train running as long as possible, even after HMX has stepped off.

So on April 1st, starting at 10am, I'll be streaming Rock Band 3 on my twitch.tv profile for 24-hours straight. I had to be at least a LITTLE organized, though, so I put together a schedule of guests, playlist blocks, and a little RBNtertainment near the end. The schedule may change as we near the event and authors confirm their timeslots. I'll do my best to rope in willing participants watching the stream as well, but DLC compatibility will be a concern -- This is why most of the playlist events are exports.

I hope to see all of you some time next Monday! Hang out, have fun, and try some of the pie.

Comments

• XXPrimusXXXXPrimusXX Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Sounds like a Rockband Woodstock of sorts. How do me and my band get involved in this shindig? :)
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited March 2013
    Aw crap, I didn't even realize this was happening, otherwise I would have at least tried to get in there.

Oh well, looking forward to seeing this.
  • MystakinMystakin Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    XXPrimusXX;5004230 said:
    Sounds like a Rockband Woodstock of sorts. How do me and my band get involved in this shindig? :)

Hey! Thanks for your enthusiasm! Unfortunately, there's no way for me to stream an entirely different BAND during the event. All I can do is invite people to join my session and stream that. If you want to take part, though, any place on the schedule listed as "playlist" will be open for chat to join in as long as they have the necessary songs. All you have to do is PM me on twitch during or just before the segment you wish to join in on. :)
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    LiveHomeVideo;5004253 said:
    Aw crap, I didn't even realize this was happening, otherwise I would have at least tried to get in there.

Yeah, me too. I had no idea..
  • MystakinMystakin Opening Act
    edited April 2013
    Stream is officially live! Join in and make sure to check out the awesome guest lineup on the schedule
  • edited April 2013
    This is awesome. Tweeted from the RB account, posting on Facebook shortly!
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited April 2013
    LOL!

As I tuned in, y'all played Muse's "Hysteria". That's karmic timing right there. :D
  • grace_pressuregrace_pressure Opening Act
    edited April 2013
    Wish we could be part of it! To share more of what's in store for the future, we'll still be going strong with songs like this gem by Bumblefoot.