Just bought an Xbox for RBN, now where do I start?

valeforXD2valeforXD2 Unsigned
edited March 2013 in The Rock Band Network
So, I've finally witnessed the awesomeness that is the RBN on 360. I have a PS3, but after Harmonix announced plans to cease DLC I switched to Microsoft's console to continue building my library.

Only problem is where to start.

I'm into a lot of different genres so feel free to recommend whatever you like, but I am looking for some more specific songs:

- Something that throws walls of notes at you. I love epic alt strummers like Beast and The Harlot and The Way It Ends (or Calling, for anyone who played GH: Warriors Of Rock).

- I'm a pretty good singer, too, but my voice has a limit - say, the highest note in Plush, or any of the songs by an Unkindness. Any songs that fit that kinda vocal range would be perfect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and please don't recommend the obvious ones - y'know, Dawn of a Million Souls, and such.

Comments

• NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    If you don't mind some Death Metal now and then, Let the Blood Spill Between my Broken Teeth by Benighted looks pretty alt-strummy and all around fun

Battle of Egos Part I by Winter Crescent also looks pretty cool and got some good vocals to booth, not sure if it's within your range or not but you should check it out.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited March 2013
    May I suggest "Daisy" by Fang Island? Completely underrated song with a really fun guitar chart.

Also, a fun alt-strumming song would have to be "Act of War" by Lich King. Good ol' fashioned thrash metal with no empty space.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nlarimer?feature=mhee

There's full song videos of every song we've got in the store.

There's a lot of really difficult metal songs in there so if that's your thing you should find a lot to like in our library of songs available.
  • grace_pressuregrace_pressure Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    "The Epic, Part 3.7 (RBN Remix)" by Bankai is probably the densest song we've put out, and people really liked it. "Deception" by Nightmare up there was very rewarding to play, too. Second on "Daisy" also, but drums are out of my league at times. XD Best of luck and have fun.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0A8C955A5152F64C

And there's all of our releases, most of which aren't what you're looking for at all! :P

But- Giraffes? Giraffes!, Leche de Tigre, SoulEye, or dB soundworks should satisfy your strumming desires, while I think Those Among Us or Goin' Places would be good vocals picks ("Hotel Saigon" by Bright Midnight or "Bang" by Rockapella are particular challenges on that front as well).

And actually, I'll mention "Howling at Summer" as an oft-overlooked strumfest. And by strumfest I mean trillfest. Not too complex but it's hard to keep up.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited March 2013
    Dawn of a Million....
    valeforXD2;5004237 said:
    Oh, and please don't recommend the obvious ones - y'know, Dawn of a Million Souls, and such.

oh carry on then
  • b4mvb4mv Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Highly suggest the Memphis May Fire songs.

Action/Adventure

Be Careful What You Wish For
    This one comes in a 2xBass version if you care about that sort of thing.
  • valeforXD2valeforXD2 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Daisy isn't usually my kind of song, but the guitar chart looks too fun to pass up. Same with The Epic (I assume Bankai is, like, a Bleach reference?)

Thanks for your help, guys. There's a lot of recommendations here, so I'll have to check them out tonight!
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    My favorite strumming heavy song is Veils by Ludicra. Or the Emperor songs.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    valeforXD2;5004406 said:
    Daisy isn't usually my kind of song, but the guitar chart looks too fun to pass up. Same with The Epic (I assume Bankai is, like, a Bleach reference?)

Thanks for your help, guys. There's a lot of recommendations here, so I'll have to check them out tonight!

This is correct :D