Is there any way to import the songs from the beatles rock band disk to my rockband2

1Raven1Raven Unsigned
edited March 2013 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I have the disk and have played most of the songs.. but none have showed up on my songs list for my rock band 2... what's up with that? Is there any way to import the songs onto my ps3 song list for my rock band 1 & 2 ??? any help will be appreciated.. ty in advance.

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2013
    Nope there isn't. Beatles Rock Band (and the DLC for Beatles) is the only Rock Band game that doesn't import/can't be played in the other Rock Band (1, 2, or 3) games.
  • 1Raven1Raven Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    ok, that sucks... ty for responding so quickly :)
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Never understood why so many wish to import this game to the others, having Beatles' classics set against the purple haired avatars of RockBand just wouldn't work as well, The Beatles' game is a work of art that the other games simply aren't, fashioned with authentic details worthy of The Beatles' name. On top of that, the game mechanics aren't the same, the drums certainly "feel" different and those blank spaces triggered from overdrive would cheapen The Beatles' experience, in my opinion....:-)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2013
    I get the want for it. I mean I love Beatles Rock Band, but sometimes when you're in the midst of playing a song by Metallica you want to segue into While My guitar gently weeps or other great Beatles tracks, before going back to Pearl Jam.

I understand why they didn't import it, but I'm one of the people that would have loved to have it available for RB parties (disc switching can kill the flow of a party).
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited March 2013
    I totally get why TB:RB is separate from the RB games (didja know: originally it wasn't even going to have the Rock Band name attached to it, to keep it separate from the franchise?), but I do really wish there were an easier way to access Beatles content from the RB shell.
  • Arkham99Arkham99 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Another factor not to be ignored, is that The Beatles themselves had a policy from the moment they began a recording career to not allow their music to be cheapened by being included on a 'Various Artists' release. It's a policy that they rarely wavered from, with the lone exception being the 1969 'Worldwide Wildlife Fund' Compilation L.P. where they were asked to represent Britain for the project. They agreed to have a yet unreleased 'Across The Universe' to be used before it was issued on the 'Let It Be' album one year later.

For those who are interested, this particular recording of 'Across The Universe' was quite different from The Beatles 'Let It Be' version, it features bird sound effects at the intro & outro, and is noticeably faster in tempo featuring three-part harmonies that Phil Spector omitted for the 'Let It Be' mix, good luck finding it though...:-)