red cherry rb3 guitar ps3 problems

angel02angel02 Unsigned
edited March 2013 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
This new fender stratoscaster ps3 guitar somehow keeps changing sound effect like (wah-wah, and echo) It doesnt have a switch button like previous versions yet while pushing random buttons playing a song; i managed to reach a menu and saw all the effects but i couldnt set it off. any help?

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Yeah, its one of the negatives of the "New" guitars.

It would have been nice if they at least defaulted to NONE, but they don't.
  • angel02angel02 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, wish I had known before. I wonder if there is a way to set it off though. I am almost 100% sure i pulled up a menu last time i was playing but i dont know how i did it..
  • edited March 2013
    While I have never been inside one of these new guitars, I wonder if the inputs on the PCB are there, this would mean a switch might be able to be installed, even if you just did it internally to make sure it was off.
    edited March 2013
    I have a red stratocaster guitar with no switch.. Any help? Thanks
  • edited March 2013
    angel02;5005729 said:
    I have a red stratocaster guitar with no switch.. Any help? Thanks
    Just the suggestion above. No need to start a new thread for the same problem.
    edited March 2013
    Sorry. Just really annoying to have to deal with this when its a brand new guitar. Ive read in other posts people have the same problem yet no real answer has been found..
  • edited March 2013
    angel02;5005783 said:
    Sorry. Just really annoying to have to deal with this when its a brand new guitar. Ive read in other posts people have the same problem yet no real answer has been found..
    Yeah, no one I know of has tried to open one up and fix it. You could be the first. Its been grumbled about quite a bit.

The odder thing is is that the black RB3 Strat for the 360 DID have the 5 way switch. Maybe MC bought old stock on those but had to remold the PS3 version?

It's a huge oversight, IMO. This would however be a Mad Catz problem, not a Harmonix one, just to clarify.
    edited March 2013
    I will try and open it see if im able to see where the switch is and maybe figure out a way to disable it. I do not own another rock band guitar so obtaining a switch will be difficult. I am really curious about how i was able to pull up the effects menu though.. Ive tried all different button combis but nothing. I dont know why madcatz decided to do this.