How much have you spent on Rock Band songs/DLC? XBox 360 Edition

chexmixhochexmixho Unsigned
edited May 2013 in Rock Band
First of all, I have over 600 songs in my Rock Band library currently so that is rough basis on where I am coming from. Bear with me but I wanted to explain everything in this thread so others can find out how much they spent if they are curious. Also, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I had some free time so I went to my complete XBox 360 download history on xbox.com, copied the list into Excel and filtered it down to where I only had Rock Band related stuff there. Then, I put in the approximate price I paid for it. I say approximate because I have been downloading songs since around February 2008 and it doesn't say exactly how much I have paid for items so I assumed the general pricing structure (160 points for singles, 440 points for 3-packs, etc). The more recent songs (aka within the past year) I have an idea of how much I paid for them so (I was able to check on billing.microsoft.com) I put in more accurate prices.

This list contains:
Song Packs
Singles (all 160 a piece unless it's pre-RB3 songs I got since they have done their "sale" or RBN songs that are 80 points)
Export keys (Rock Band - $5, Rock Band 2 - $10, Green Day Rock Band - $10, Lego Rock Band - $10, AC/DC track pack - free export)
Rock Band Blitz "track pack"

I did not factor in the original cost of the previous disc games I have exported as that seemed separate from the export. I am trying to think if I have missed any other Rock Band song related costs in there. Like I mentioned above, I am not counting the disc costs or any costs of plastic instruments.

I totaled all of that up and it came out to 48760 Microsoft points which using a MSP to $ converter is $609.50! The good news is I have been able to get almost all of my Microsoft points over the past few years through some sort of discount/free so if I had to estimate I have probably spent around $300 on RB DLC. What about you guys?

Comments

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    I don't want to know. Particularly if I start tallying up all my instruments, drum upgrades, and such.
  • chexmixhochexmixho Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    LordFlatus wrote: »
    I don't want to know.
    Haha yeah. Before I even started this process, I knew mine was going to be depressing as its a lot of money spent on songs only playable on a video game but decided what the heck. With DLC ending, I thought now is as good of a time as any to see how much I have spent on Rock Band. But, I'm sure others here have A LOT more songs than I do so I am curious to see who has spent the most money on Rock Band (and is willing to admit it in this thread lol).
    LordFlatus wrote: »
    Particularly if I start tallying up all my instruments, drum upgrades, and such.
    What do you mean by drum upgrades? Are you talking about Pro-Guitar/Bass upgrades? If so, interesting you bring that up because that is something I didn't mention in my post. While I do have the Mustang pro guitar, I have not bought any pro upgrades for it as I haven't gotten a chance to really use it yet.

EDIT: Nevermind. I assume you are talking about upgrades to your actual, physical drum kit.
  • KrystofKrystof Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Hardware is in the thousands, but DLC? I don't know, hundreds easily, thousands most likely.

I don't regret it, gave me fun memories I can't replace. Whatever I bought helped keep Harmonix in business so I think of it as gifts for donating to keep something special alive.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    chexmixho wrote: »
    EDIT: Nevermind. I assume you are talking about upgrades to your actual, physical drum kit.

He could be talking about RBN 1.0 songs that were re-released with pro-drums? :)
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited March 2013
    Over 850 DLC songs and 275 RBN songs. At least 120k points ($1500).
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    It costs over 1000$ to download all my DLC (for 12 seconds)
    edited March 2013
    Game wise, I have bought Rock Band 1-3, Lego Rock Band, Green Day Rock Band, AC/DC Track Pack.

Hardware wise I currently own Rock Band 2 Drums, Rock Band 3 Pro-Drums triple cymbal expansion, Rock Band 2 (or maybe 3) bass pedal, 2 wired Rock Band microphones, Mustang Pro Guitar bundle w/Red Hot Chili Peppers pro songs, Rock Band 3 keyboard, Rock Band 2 guitar, Guitar Hero World Tour guitar.

There is no telling how many other guitars and drum sets I have been through. Who knows how much all that cost. A couple hundred perhaps.
  • MysticDwagonMysticDwagon Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    between the games RB1, 2, 3 beetles, lego, GD, blitz, both country packs(cds) , exports of listed games and ACDC live, instruments throughout the years and DLC, upwards of 2.5k and about to throw down another 170 on a pro guitar, double strumbar bass, RB3 keyboard and a midi-pro adapter(to use my real keyboard on since my current RB3 keyboard has a dead key)
    oh, lest not forget, a HD upgrade from 20GB to 120GB on my old 360, a new model 360 when RB3 was released with a 250GB HD.. so all said and done... close to 3 grand all because of harmonix... i hate to love them... but what can you do :p your weekly DLC will be sorely missed guys, but still a lifetime fan of your work
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited March 2013
    Okay, I know I've spent in the thousands on my song count, since I have True Music Fan, bought most DLC on day of release, and exported all my games (and the AC/DC track pack). I don't think I have the time to calculate how much I've spent on songs alone, but I can say that my RB setup has cost me the prettiest penny on the continent.
  • SpidermaniacSpidermaniac Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    For DLC (not counting exports), I have 786 standard DLC and 91 RBN songs, so, About $1600 in DLC.

For gear and software, I bought everything before price drops and not on sale: Rock Band 1 Special Edition, extra guitar, AC/DC Live pack, Rock Band 2, Rock Band 2 Drums, drum throne, LIPS Mic, Beatles: Rock Band, Lego: Rock Band, Gretsch guitar, Rock Band 3 w/ keyboard bundle, MIDI Adaptor, Fender Squier, cymbals bundle, Rock Band: Blitz. So. . .maybe $2000?

If I assume and easy number, say $3500, and divide that over 5 years: it's only $700 a year, or about $60 a month, or about $15 a week. Eating at home once a week instead of eating out saves that much money. And for the hours and hours of entertainmnet I've gotten, it seems like a good bargain.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited March 2013
    PS3 180 DLC x 2 dollars a pop dude. $360 HMMMMM. Can someone say spooky?? XBOX 360 dude? $360 spent on DLC???? Spookular!!!!!!! bruther.

2 rock band guitars dude. $70 bucks a piece dude. $140

Rock Band drums dude $80 on sale bruther $80

Rock Band microphone and keyboard dude. $90

Rock Band 3 brand new bruther $60
    Rock Band 2 brand new bruther $60
    Rock band 1 brand new bruther $50 on sale dude

Rock Band Beatles brand new $60

Acdc Rock Band brand new $30

Wii 40 rock band songs dude. 40 x 2 80 bucks bruther

two guitars dude $40 a piece.... $80

Rock Band 2 used $25

Grand Total of $1175 bruther including hardware, Software and DLC dude.

The Beatles Rock Band used $35
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited March 2013
    not enough.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited March 2013
    Probably somewhere around $3000 for everything spent on Rock Band related things.

In reality, it's probably a bit more than that, but I rounded down to make myself feel better.
  • HairlooksgreatHairlooksgreat Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Afraid to add it up. Pretty sure it's north of $2000. Have to say though, it's been the best entertainment dollar I've ever spent. The spending will also slow down a lot because of my "RB Bunker" and my recent purchase of a soldering iron. Over the course of the next year I'll probably get another 200 songs but Bing will help me defray some of that cost.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    I really don't want to work it out. I'm terrified to find out the full total, but it was money well spent
  • edited March 2013
    probably about 2000 bucks. So far.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited March 2013
    Don't have an exact tally for you, but somewhere around $1,500 for Xbox and around $1,000 for Wii. Maybe about $250 for PS2.

Yikes.
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Let's do a tally here....

Games:
    Rock Band 1 SE: $150???
    Rock Band 2: $60
    Rock band 3: $60
    The Beatles Rock Band: $60
    AC/DC Rock Band: $20
    Green Day Rock Band: $20
    Lego Rock Band: $20
    Total (games) after tax (14%): $444.60

Extra Hardware: (excluding my GH guitars)
    Rock Band 2 strat: $80
    Midi Pro Adapter x2: $40+$20
    Mustang guitar: $50
    Extra mic+mic stands: ~$60
    eBay RB3 guitars: $300 (no tax)
    Total (hardware) after tax: $585

Songs exports and DLC
    Exports: RB1, RB2, Blitz, Green Day, Lego: 800*4 + 1200 = 5000 MSP
    I have 292 songs according to DLCquickplay on RB3 - 25 blitz songs = 267 = 42 720 MSP
    Abbey road DLC + all you need is love: 1360 MSP + 160
    SGT pepper DLC: 1080 MSP

Total MSP: 45 820

It costs me $23 to buy a 1400 points card...so if we do some math...
    45 820 / 1400 = 32.729 1400 points cards
    32.729 * $23 = $752.75

Total: (songs/exports) $735.01

Grand Total:
    Songs/Exports: $752.75
    Games: $444.60
    Hardware: $585

Total: $1782.35
    Add another $100 for GH guitars

This is not as bad as I was expecting. Either way, it's worth every penny. While I have a few packs, I don't have any of the bigger ones, so I would say this is a pretty fair estimate.

I expect the total to go up another $200 before the end of the year (WOOHOO DLC BACKLOG).
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited March 2013
    Might as well post my game/hardware total as well.

RB1 bundle: $250
    RB2: $60
    LRB: $50
    TB:RB: $60
    RBU+PSP bundle: $200
    RB3+keyboard: $130
    RBB: $30 (bought it on both systems)
    AC/DC pack: $30
    other track packs: $80
    RB1 drumset: $35
    RB3 drumset + cymbals: $200
    RB3 Mustang pro guitar: $95

Game and bundle total: $890
    Instrument total: $330 (plus about $200 for 3 GH guitars)
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    guitars-400
    drums-1400
    RB1,2,3,Lego,GD-400
    DLC-1200 songs-2000
    accessories,mic stands, cymbal stands,drum sticks etc..-400
    roughly-4600 give or take a few
  • cannedcreamcannedcream Unsigned
    edited April 2013
    For JUST DLC?

Around... $200.

...Yeah, I don't like to think about it much.
  • silverrat23silverrat23 Unsigned
    edited April 2013
    Rock Band 3: $60
    The Beatles Rock Band: $20
    3000 MSP (total): $38.45
    Guitar Hero 5 with guitar: $30
    Pro Keyboard: $40
    Extra USB Microphone: $1
    Logitech Drumkit: $70

Total: $255.55

Total number of songs: about 490 with all exports (exc. Green Day) and track packs
    edited May 2013
    Since my original post I have bought a third wired usb mic, and probably 10 or 15 songs of DLC that I skipped/somehow missed bringing my total closer to $650. Anyone else care to share/calculate and share how much they have invested in Rock Band?
  • ilyama999ilyama999 Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    18900 MS points (DLC + exports + RB3) 190 $ .
    Pack beatles (Drums RB2/Mic/Guitar/Game) : 85
    Pro cymbals : 65
    RB1, RB2, RB track pack 2, RB Green Day , RB Lego all new of course : 60

It doesnt really count but I buy an xbox only to play RB, I've got a PC for gaming ;): 190 dollars for a 250go

And "only" 500 songs .... :D But 150 songs that I choose myself , it makes the difference :)

Silverrat23,, I dont understand ... I spend 14000 MS points in DLC , I did all exports and I've got the same number than you :( :D :D :D

I think its the track pack ... In Europe, except AC/DC track pack and track pack vol2. nothing more ... :( :( :(
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2013
    I actually kept up with it from day one...

1089 songs (RB1= 52, RB2 = 90, AC/DC = 18, LEGO = 45, Green Day = 44, RB3 = 83, and 757 downloaded)

Total: $1342.97

$50 in 2007
    $342 in 2008
    $411.47 in 2009
    $336.50 in 2010
    $158 in 2011
    $45 in 2012-2013
    edited May 2013
    1000 songs ! :D

I'm asking what's the record of the biggest library on rock band :D

Maybe the sons of Harmonix developpers :D
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    ilyama999 wrote: »
    1000 songs ! :D

I'm asking what's the record of the biggest library on rock band :D

Maybe the sons of Harmonix developpers :D

Several people have all the songs... Several regular people.

I've spent money on every possible thing you can spend money on HMX related.
    edited May 2013
    More than 6000 dollars of rock band songs on this forum?

It must be awesome to have that ... The dream ... :)

With 1000 songs, I think I can have all the songs that I love to listen in "real life"...
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited May 2013
    I've spent roughly just $170. I buy secondhand a LOT.

Also all of my instruments were either gifts or mooched off of others
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited May 2013
    I didn't really keep track.

$120 for the Mustang, $130? for RB3+keys, $100 on Beatles, $30 on cymbals, $20 each for RB2 and Lego, can't remember for RB1, $5 each on TP2 and Metal TP, and then I would conservatively estimate $500-600 on DLC.

Hovering around the $1000 mark.