RBN DLC Discussion: 3/28 (Xbox 360), 4/3 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited April 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 3/28/2013:

Metal
Hopes Die Last - “Unleash Hell (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic
Jeff Ball - “Vapor Radian” (80 MSP)

Punk
Terror - “The New Blood” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 4/2/2013 (North America) and 4/3/2013 (Europe):

Jerry Lee Lewis - “Great Balls of Fire” ($1.99), Rock, OffbeatEntertainment
Children of Nova - “Impossible Landscape” ($1.99), Prog, RockGamer
Dance for the Dying - “Ordinary Objects” ($0.99), Pop-Rock, pksage
Ava Inferi - “The Living End” ($1.99), Metal, Season-of-Mist
The Dillinger Escape Plan - “Parasitic Twins” ($1.99), Metal, Season-of-Mist

TesseracT - “Deception - Concealing Fate Part Two (2x Bass Pedal)” ($1.99), Prog, CenturyMediaRecords
Attack Attack! - “Last Breath (2x Bass Pedal)” ($1.99), Metal, Riserecords
A Day to Remember - “All Signs Point to Lauderdale (2x Bass Pedal)” ($1.99), Rock, Victory
A Day to Remember - “2nd Sucks (2x Bass Pedal)” ($1.99), Rock, Victory
August Burns Red - “Internal Cannon (2x Bass Pedal)” ($1.99), Metal, TheAuthority

Comments

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 2013
    I personally would have gone for 10 standard songs rather than 5 standard + 5 2X Bass, but I'm happy that PS3 users finally gets "Great Balls of Fire" and "Ordinary Objects".
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Getting 4 of 5 non-2x songs (never have gotten any of those anyways). You guys almost made a bunch of people eat their hats, you know that?

Great Balls of Fire, Ordinary Objects, Impossible Landscape AND Parasitic Twins?! In the same week?

Coupled with American Pie, this makes the final week one of the best overall weeks of DLC this year, hands down. Thanks RBN, for being an excellent alternative to the main DLC and giving us some great stuff in the process. See you on the other side.
  • edited March 2013
    Very happy that Ava Inferi made the PS3 cut, but at the same time I have to admit I'm a bit sad that the other Cynic and Van Friscia tracks didn't. Still, getting over 50% of the last tracks I wanted isn't a bad score by half (see what I did there? ;) ).

Still, Lachesis, I think this is the right time to thank you for all of the fantastic work you've done for the PS3 RBN community over the years. You've put in a lot of effort for us and have always maintained an incredibly open line of communications here in the RBN section (that and I've always been a big fan of your blog articles).

So on behalf of myself and probably the rest of the PS3 community as well, my heartfelt thanks for the great job you've done during RBN's run on the PS3. It's very much appreciated.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Der_Lex;5005274 said:
    Still, Lachesis, I think this is the right time to thank you for all of the fantastic work you've done for the PS3 RBN community over the years. You've put in a lot of effort for us and have always maintained an incredibly open line of communications here in the RBN section (that and I've always been a big fan of your blog articles).

So on behalf of myself and probably the rest of the PS3 community as well, my heartfelt thanks for the great job you've done during RBN's run on the PS3. It's very much appreciated.

HEAR HEAR!!!

Thanks very much, Lachesis. For being there for us, and answering probably more questions about songs porting over than you probably needed to XD
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    I'm not on PS3 and even I got a little bit excited at this. :D
  • edited March 2013
    Fantastic final PS3 week Lachesis. Well done.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited March 2013
    Nothing this week. 22-week buying streak is over, though I'm surprised it lasted so long.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    well both the songs i wanted are in there, so yay and thank you! looks like i can stop taking that blood pressure medication now.
  • edfrank_jredfrank_jr Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Well, I'll grab "Great Balls of Fire" and, maybe eventually, "Impossible Landscape" and "Ordinary Objects". I have to listen the other two songs yet.
    So, that's it. My list finished with 12 songs not released. :(
    And I also would prefer 10 songs that we don't have yet.

But at this point, we can only say a big thank you to Harmonix and Lachesis for giving us, PS3's users, a chance to play RBN's songs. So... THANK YOU.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited March 2013
    Great Balls of Fire and Ordinary Objects? Sounds like a great last week for PS3 users.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    I'll check out the others, but Great Balls of Fire is a definite. Thanks!
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    I'm bummed out PS3 players will never have the complete Pac-Man Fever album now. :(

But here's some videos for Xbox users.

"Vapor Radian" by Jeff Ball
    RB3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XPl89UJ0LY
    Blitz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZjILjq-Ax8
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Woah, what a week to end the PS3 portings... Awesome stuff, I'll get Great Balls Of Fire, Impossible Landscape and probably the DEP song... and awesome 2x bass pedal songs. The Tesseract one makes me wanna get a second pedal...

Sadly, no Integral Birth, but I can live without it.

Thank you lachesis and thank you Harmonix for giving us the best songs of this platform, and thank you for hearing our requests here on this forum. This, once again, proves how HMX attention to his customers it's unique, and that's one of the things that makes the whole company unique.

Thank you again.
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    firedoom666;5005267 said:
    looks like ps3 people will be very happy

Why?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2013
    Vids for our two songs heading to the PS3!

The Dillinger Escape Plan : Parasitic Twins
    http://youtu.be/R3SzBbsyZeI

Ava Inferi : The Living End
    http://youtu.be/yFkwl7hy2i8
  • edited March 2013
    WonderWaageUK;5005312 said:
    Why?

Because we received five of the highest requested songs and an additional five double bass versions on top of that?
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Der_Lex;5005324 said:
    Because we received five of the highest requested songs and an additional five double bass versions on top of that?

Now I know why I should be happy. Thx.
  • edited March 2013
    WonderWaageUK;5005335 said:
    Now I know why I should be happy. Thx.

Still doesn't mean that any of those ten songs will be your thing, of course, but in general it's a rather good week of DLC for PS3 owners, both in terms of quantity and in terms of quality.
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Thank you Harmonix.. For all the good times.. :)
    I'll enjoy all the last DLCs...:D
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    SO AWESOME

My one disappointment is that Widower came out after the cut-off, since that's my favorite DEP song. Also sad that we never got Swound.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Awesome, more (2X Version)'s. Now I have 10 choices as to what 2X bass song to get. Any recommendation as to which one might be the fastest?

Will certainly get GBoF as well. Mildly upset that we didn't get more Chaotrope, but considering the low request rate I've seen for them and that we have 10+ of their songs, I can't complain that much about it.

Thanks for all that you've given us in the amount of time we've had RBN available to us! I joined RBN much later than I did the official DLC, but I now have 79 RBN songs and have found some really good bands through here. Especially the Devin Townsend tracks!
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    Brilliant. Just the two songs I wanted the most. Extra 2X bass pedal songs are a nice addition as well.

I couldn't be any happier for all the songs RBN gave me over the years. I can say that many of my favorite RB songs and artists have come through the RBN. It's too sad it had to end.

Thank you for these amazing three years.
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Wow, very nice! I called "Great Balls of Fire," of course, but didn't expect all of those nice 2x bass pedal versions. Even with just the one official release this week, this makes the final week of DLC for PS3 users one of the best weeks in a very long time!
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Great Balls of Fire was a must, otherwise there would have been virtual rioting on the forums. I am sad that we did not get the complete Buckner and Garcia album of Pac-Man Fever that I have been waiting forever to obtain.
  • BadChickenBadChicken Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Spectacular finale for the PS3, many thanks, Lachesis!!!!! =D
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Yay Great Balls of Fire and Dillinger Escape Plan! Also cool to see a last bunch of 2x pedal songs, need to see if I can get my pedals set up sometime and download the whole bunch of them

Also thank you all at HMX for porting all of this great content over the years. I have had a lot of fun with the songs we have gotten and even if it will end for now I will never stop being very grateful for all the songs we got.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2013
    I just want to take a moment to not only thank HMX for keeping the PS3 ports going as long as they have, but also all the support we've gotten from PS3 players as well.

It sucks that the PS3 pipeline is shut down, but seriously thanks for supporting RBN artists for as long as you could!
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    A very pleasant surprise, and a very nice way to go out...not with a whimper, but a bang.

I'm going to miss the RBN releases more than the Harmonix-authored DLC, honestly. Lots of great "finds" over the past few years...Free Spirit, Rishloo, Dance for the Dying, Aiden, and especially Children of Nova. Thank you, HMXLachesis, for being such a good "face" for the RBN end of things here.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    ThatAuthoringGroup;5005399 said:
    I just want to take a moment to not only thank HMX for keeping the PS3 ports going as long as they have, but also all the support we've gotten from PS3 players as well.

It sucks that the PS3 pipeline is shut down, but seriously thanks for supporting RBN artists for as long as you could!
    No problem! You guys were one of my favorite groups out there.
  • BadChickenBadChicken Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    I started Rock Band in Summer, 2011; and currently own over 350 RBN songs alone. Thanks TAG and Lachesis for releasing some of the best music I would have never known existed: Deadlock, Solution .45, Children of Nova, Machinae Supremecy, Gatling, etc....I can go on forever over how you guys opened my eyes (more like ears) up to some SPECTACULAR artists. I will definitely be purchasing a 360 in the near future just to keep up with future RBN releases. Although, I still feel sad that I'm at 1300 tracks on my PS3; without the excitement that I will be feeling every Thursday. Seriously...everybody at Harmonix and the Authoring Services. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::

Now comes the hard part: Making my PS3 Rock Band setlist of my favorite 100 tracks for next week's sendoff :confused:
    ThatAuthoringGroup;5005399 said: