Suggest Me Songs Please!

BrainstewBrainstew Unsigned
edited April 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Hey guys, with the closing of official DLC it's time for me to start making a shopping list of RBN songs. I'll give you an idea of what I'm looking for, so please feel free to suggest songs you think I should check out. *I'm a 360 owner by the way*
  • I'm looking for rock/metal, metal that isn't too crazy with the screaming/growling.
  • Must be RBN 2.0 for pro drums
  • Prefer 80 MSP songs, but not opposed to higher priced ones
  • Challenging, but not absurd (fun on drums and guitar). Think Spoonman to Ghosts of Perdition difficulty range.
  • I prefer technical stuff over speed/endurance. For example, the Yes and Dreamtheater songs are fantastic, whereas Visions by Abnormality I don't want to touch with a 10 foot poll.
Some examples of songs I've already found on RBN that are exactly what I'm looking for:
Richard Campbell's songs, Francis Goya songs, Africa by Quartered, Megasus by Megasus.

Comments

• machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Sounds like you need an injection of Halcyon Way, STAT!

It fits almost every description you give. All songs have pro drums, they're hard rock/metal, but with very very very very little growling (they do it on the rare occasion, but it's almost all singing), they all cost 80 MSP, they're all challenging but not over-the-top hard, and any difficulty they have is about technicality more than endurance.

Also, I believe all of them have 2x Bass versions, if you're into that.

Here's a video of the most recent song to be released. They have songs that are harder than this, and easier (although this probably leans towards the easier side), so it's a pretty decent example. They have a full album on the network, and a few songs from a newer album as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwbQt0Pd3tA
  • BrainstewBrainstew Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    machetemonkey;5006113 said:
    Sounds like you need an injection of Halcyon Way, STAT!

It fits almost every description you give. All songs have pro drums, they're hard rock/metal, but with very very very very little growling (they do it on the rare occasion, but it's almost all singing), they all cost 80 MSP, they're all challenging but not over-the-top hard, and any difficulty they have is about technicality more than endurance.

Checking them out now, so far so cool!

Definitely putting these guys on my list, they even have a bit of Dream Theater sound I'd say.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Hey, Visions is complex as a... umm... very complex thing during the fills D=

Anyways, check out the An Endless Sporadic tracks, some of them might be a bit too hard, but they are pretty complex and all over the place in fun ways. Also all their songs are all instrumental Prog Rock/Metal/Jazz so no need to worry about vocals you don't like lol.

Frontier Factory: Remanufactured by Freen in Green could fit for you too, the drums got some pretty fancy tom rhythms that requires a bit of unusual sticking and the guitar have a cool solo

Machinae Supremacy and Bumblefoot (though maybe a bit too hard on Guitar) tend to be pretty fun all around, though perhaps not complex enough on drums? Also Widower by The Dillinger Escape Plan on drums looks pretty cool if a bit repetitive (also be sure to Keytar that one as the guitar chart looks boring while the keys looks awesome).

Sorry if my reply sucks a bit heh, it's a bit hard to find stuff within your request range on the fly lol
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    In the wake of evolution - Kaipa
    No Holy Man - Eden's Curse ft. James LaBrie
    Shipwrecked - Alestorm
    Mouth Without A Head - Halcyon Way
    Into the Black Light - Ghost Brigade

Anything by Freespirit for some nice old school rock :) But maybe those might not be challenging for you?
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Sounds like Winter Crescent might be up your alley. Challenging but not impossible on drums and vocals, technical prog metal, and 80 MSP per song. We've got the first three songs on this album in the game, with the rest on its way.

Note that Battle of Egos Intro is the exception to this as it's only really challenging on drums, but it's still an amazing song and worth looking at.

I'll also suggest the following from the Chart Toppers catalog that are more on the rock side but still quite fun on guitar and drums, not sure if they're challenging enough though:

Broken Equilibrium - Culling the Weak
    Straight Outta Junior High - Dudes and Guys and Things and Stuff
    Skylliton - Crabplosion
    Sifting - All the Hated
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the great suggestions so far guys. I'm trying to sort through them all now, a lot of good stuff.
    edited March 2013
    I also found Chad Smith's Bombastic Meatbats on there which seems pretty good.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nlarimer?feature=mhee

We feature a LOT of 80pt songs, and a lot of metal that you're looking for. Some of it's ridiculously hard, but some of it is what you're looking for in a song.

So check out our page for over 200 songs that are available to purchase now!
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Also, check out Rishloo. They aren't metal so much as they're straight-up prog, but they occasionally get kind of heavy, and they have the kind of varied, challenging, and technical drum tracks you're looking for.
  • grace_pressuregrace_pressure Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    One more to add to the pot would be stuff by Bluefusion, I think. They should satisify what you listed.
    edited April 2013
    Any more suggestions?

Also can you guys help me narrow down the best Halcyon Way songs to play, I don't think I can get them for now.
  • edited April 2013
    You may like Dilinger Escape Plan some of there songs are difficult on the drums but the got the beat.

Reap(Radio Edit) by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus is a fun song that is not overly challenging.

There is also Look Left. They are one of the many new bands but they got a unique voice and if you like acoustic guitar then it is a another wonderful choice for you.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2013
    Not sure if you're looking for the best sounding, best playing, hardest, etc Halcyon songs, but Mouth without a head, Desecration Day, Age of Betrayal, and Inside Looking out (the icon and the Ghost) are all very solid choices.
  • MetalForeverMetalForever Unsigned
    edited April 2013
    Have you checked out Battles and Brotherhood by 3 Inches of Blood? It's a pretty good song, not my favorite 3 Inches of Blood song but definitely still worth picking up since it is their only song on RBN.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited April 2013
    A hidden gem to the RBN library is Light Up the Eyes by These Three Poisons. Give it a listen, not too bad of a challenging on Drums and Guitar, overall for me it is really fun and it is only 80 points.
  • J-Roc-DrumzJ-Roc-Drumz Rising Star
    edited April 2013
    The songs by Strikken are awesome. All 80 points too. Here's one to start you off, there's like, 7 of em or so.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwh8GirhFzY