Creators.rockband.com status

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited May 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Thanks for your patience as we worked to restore access to the sites!

For authors and community members of Rock Band Network, you might have noticed Creators.RockBand.com isn’t up yet. Due to RBN's deep integration with multiple third party network services, Creators is going to remain down for just a bit longer. Please bear with us as we complete testing to bring it back online.

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the updates lach!
  • vexx0820vexx0820 Unsigned
    edited April 2013
    The song processing tools look fascinating but ... kind of stuck without magma and don't want to spend the licensing money and whatnot until I have my hands on everything.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited April 2013
    vexx0820;5007354 said:
    The song processing tools look fascinating but ... kind of stuck without magma and don't want to spend the licensing money and whatnot until I have my hands on everything.
    I would recommend against purchasing a premium XNA account until Creators is back up and fully functional.
  • vexx0820vexx0820 Unsigned
    edited April 2013
    Thanks, that was my thought as well. There's really no other use I have professionally for an XNA account. My first targets once I felt like I could produce anything professional would be indie groups in my local rather thriving music scene.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited April 2013
    Any chance of at least getting the authoring docs up and running while you work out the things with the actual song pipeline? It's tricky authoring venues without being able to see what all the animation cues are named
  • ASPKevASPKev Opening Act
    edited April 2013
    If you have the RBN plugins installed, then you don't need the docs for the venue tags. When you go to add a new text event, click "Load" on the bottom, then select "Text Events List - Venue". Now, go to where you'd normally type in the text event (or copy and paste from the docs), and click the drop down button, and you'll see every text event for venue authoring.
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks all for your patience. All the drama in Boston lately has slowed progress a bit (the office was closed last Monday and Friday) but now that we're back in the saddle I'll ping HMXlachesis to see if she can answer some questions and provide another update.
    edited April 2013
    We take the security of our users very seriously. Because the RBN site is significantly more complex than any of our other sites, it is requiring significantly more time to bring this site back up. I don't have an ETA for you at this time, but I'll post as soon as I do.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited April 2013
    ASPKev;5009440 said:
    If you have the RBN plugins installed, then you don't need the docs for the venue tags. When you go to add a new text event, click "Load" on the bottom, then select "Text Events List - Venue". Now, go to where you'd normally type in the text event (or copy and paste from the docs), and click the drop down button, and you'll see every text event for venue authoring.

All this time and I didn't know this lol, thanks for that useful info
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited April 2013
    Was not expecting creators to be down this long. I hope when it returns there will be a flood of new songs to play.
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah this kind of sucks. I hope there's a lot of internal testing going on.
    edited April 2013
    We should have news quite soon on this front!

Since the RBN authors have not had access to Creators, they'll need some turnaround time to get their backed-up songs through playtesting and peer review, so the flood will probably be a bit delayed.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited May 2013
    HMXLachesis;5011608 said:
    We should have news quite soon on this front!

Since the RBN authors have not had access to Creators, they'll need some turnaround time to get their backed-up songs through playtesting and peer review, so the flood will probably be a bit delayed.

Thanks for the update, and looking forward to seeing Creators go back up!
  • ASPKevASPKev Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    Wow, when you guys say soon, you truly mean it.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    And it looks like review progress persisted! Maybe. Dunno if it'll work right for the backend, but we could get releases flowing faster if that is the case.
  • I would like to hear an update for the Creators site being as it has been nearly a year. I just joined the premium XNA and all of that today.