Un-Official Discuss What Back Catalog Tracks You Purchased This Week!

Comments

• Just purchased the Gorillaz 3-pack! Bunch of cool songs and great additions to the hip-hop genre in my library (that previously consisted only of the weird free songs).
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Tyrus1235 said:

Just purchased the Gorillaz 3-pack! Bunch of cool songs and great additions to the hip-hop genre in my library (that previously consisted only of the weird free songs).

Just don't forget to not put a skilled bassist on Clint Eastwood, lest they be driven to madness by the monotony.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    Non-BC:
    Oasis - Champagne Supernova

BC:
    Rush - Working Man (original)
    Yes Pack 01
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    So Lonely by the Police. Somehow this was the only Police song I didn't have. I'm learning it on IRL guitar so I picked it up.

The Joe Bouchard RBN songs because I'm a big B.Ö.C. fan.
  • I got Extreme's More Than Words (could only buy it through the PS3 Playstation Store - it's not working on the PS4 or the PC Website) and Smash Mouth's Why Can't We Be Friends, which I wasn't even aware was a Smash Mouth song until recently!

(btw, off-topic, but even on the PS3 store I could not buy Green Day's 21 Guns as a single - it tells me I can't purchase it because I don't have it lol)
    Oasis - Rock 'N' Roll Star
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited June 14
    So a member of my crew gave me a code for Microsoft points so I could buy "Pull Me Under" for this weeks challenge. He gave me a $10 code, so I was able to purchase 3 other songs for this challenge. So along with the new Dream Theater DLC I bought

David Bowie - "Young Americans"
    TRUST Company - "Downfall"
    Prong - "The Banishment"

I really love that last song, I can't believe I never realized that song is so cool

*edit* wow I forgot to put a few words in my post...
  • I got Pull Me Under, which is new DLC (and awesome as hell) and Empty Walls, which I remembered by watching one of HMX's streams and just HAD to buy it (it was a challenge song too).

Speaking of back catalog songs, I went into the Recommended DLC part of the in-game store and was pleasantly surprised by the songs they presented me! There were some songs I didn't know the name or the artist but vaguely remembered listening to during my childhood (so, 90's songs) and liked back then. Good additions to my wishlist ("To Be With You" and "I Hate Everything About You")
  • edfrank_jredfrank_jr Opening Act
    Finishing my RB3-era wishlist (I guess):

Mastodon - Curl of the Burl
    Slipknot - Left Behind
    Slipknot - Wait and Bleed
    Slipknot - Pulse of the Maggots
    Mastodon - Blood and Thunder
    Siouxsie and The Banshees - Cities in Dust
    Nirvana - Rape Me
    Dwight Yoakam - Intentional Heartache (RB3 Version)
    Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down Again
    Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
    Depeche Mode - Policy of Truth
    Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl
    Korn - Falling Away From Me
    Korn - Freak On a Leash
    White Zombie - Super-Charger Heaven
    White Zombie - Thunder Kiss '65
    The Edgar Winter Group - Free Ride
    Phish - Stash
    Phish - Tweezer
    Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do (Live)

Now, I had to pay for.... (SIEE here):
    Muse - Hysteria
    Oasis - Rock 'n' Roll Star
    Blur* - Beetlebum

Non-Back Catalog:
    Depeche Mode - People Are People
    Oasis - Champagne Supernova
    The Pretty Reckless - Follow Me Down
    The Pretty Reckless - Heaven Knows
    Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It
    MGMT - Kids
    Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams
    Tracy Bonham - Mother Mother
    Green Day - Still Breathing
    Staind - Outside
    Toto - Hold the Line
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    TheStuddz said:

This thread always makes me sad. I already have most of the songs, but I miss the days of having the whole library available to me and just buying huge quantities of songs in one go. Enjoy your seemingly endless purchases, kids. One day you'll be old and jaded like me.

Trust me, you don't need to run of purchases to get jaded. But one thing... how are you old? Your profile picture must've been a lie this entire time, Baby Studdz.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    After binging "Legion":

T-Rex's "Children of the Revolution" (and - by extension - "Cosmic Dancer")
    Jane's Addiction's "Up The Beach"

Also added "My Wave," "Superbad Pts. 1 and 2," "Turning Japanese," "Tenament Funster," "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" and "Here Comes My Girl"
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    You wish you didn't own all of the songs already so you could have the thrill of buying a bunch of new songs?
    Or did I get that wrong?

Purchased recently:
    Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack
    Through the Fire and Flames - DragonForce
    Hysteria - M***
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited June 16
    razor63 said:

TheStuddz said:

This thread always makes me sad. I already have most of the songs, but I miss the days of having the whole library available to me and just buying huge quantities of songs in one go. Enjoy your seemingly endless purchases, kids. One day you'll be old and jaded like me.

But one thing... how are you old? Your profile picture must've been a lie this entire time, Baby Studdz.
    I was one of the youngest around when I got my start in this place. I'm a ripe old 22 now, so I'll probably be in a coffin sooner than later.

You wish you didn't own all of the songs already so you could have the thrill of buying a bunch of new songs?
    Or did I get that wrong?

Nope, spot on. Having it all is fun in theory, but what do you buy when all has been bought? Nothing. You sit and wait for large quantities of new DLC that you know will never come. Existence is pain.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I have enough songs that I can play 10-30 of them every week "forever" and still be having, "oh yeah, I forgot about this song, it's great!" moments many years later. Actually there are probably at least a dozen songs that I own that I've still never played even once on any platform. Hundreds that I've never played in RB4. I'm pacing myself. This game should entertain me for the rest of my life now, even if I never got another new song [which is why it's easy for me to skip the full-price but half-featured songs that don't use full stems]. I still have at least 2 years of Pro Keys entertainment alone waiting for me back in RB3.

Me, I'd rather already own all of the songs. But I guess the alternative you suggest is that you not only don't own any songs, you've never played any of them before, you're starting the game fresh. Experiencing the game and each song for the very first time. That would be neat! I'd still rather already own every song. But I think I see what you're getting at.
  • I understand @TheStuddz's logic and I actually originally went for that strategy when HMX started the Blitz weeks (weeks consisting of songs just from the Blitz soundtrack). Pick some legacy DLC and it's then as if there was new DLC. That strategy stopped in mid-April 2013 when the Metallica pack got delisted as I chose then to just buy everything I didn't have. It didn't help much regarding the hiatus but given how Activision handled the GH DLC delistings, things could've been worse than they were regarding RB relicensing.

Now delisted fixes are almost acting as new DLC as I haven't played a last gen RB for awhile. Reliance on variable breakneck speed kind of makes older RB games unplayable and with my GHWoR guitar getting a broken whammy bar back in January 2017, I'm only going to use that for TBRB as that game or its songs will never be playable on current gen.
  • I understand @TheStuddz's logic and I actually originally went for that strategy when HMX started the Blitz weeks (weeks consisting of songs just from the Blitz soundtrack). Pick some legacy DLC and it's then as if there was new DLC. That strategy stopped in mid-April 2013 when the Metallica pack got delisted as I chose then to just buy everything I didn't have. It didn't help much regarding the hiatus but given how Activision handled the GH DLC delistings, things could've been worse than they were regarding RB relicensing.

Now delisted fixes are almost acting as new DLC as I haven't played a last gen RB for awhile. Reliance on variable breakneck speed kind of makes older RB games unplayable and with my GHWoR guitar getting a broken whammy bar back in January 2017, I'm only going to use that for TBRB as that game or its songs will never be playable on current gen.

We're very lucky and appreciative that HMX gives us timely warnings when de-listings are about to occur.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

I understand @TheStuddz's logic and I actually originally went for that strategy when HMX started the Blitz weeks (weeks consisting of songs just from the Blitz soundtrack). Pick some legacy DLC and it's then as if there was new DLC. That strategy stopped in mid-April 2013 when the Metallica pack got delisted as I chose then to just buy everything I didn't have. It didn't help much regarding the hiatus but given how Activision handled the GH DLC delistings, things could've been worse than they were regarding RB relicensing.

We're very lucky and appreciative that HMX gives us timely warnings when de-listings are about to occur.
    and yet, I was so far removed from the game when it happened. That's on me I know, but I wish I had some of that delisted music (Metallica, Fleetwood Mac, Styx, RHCP, etc.)
  • djb5f1 said:

I understand @TheStuddz's logic and I actually originally went for that strategy when HMX started the Blitz weeks (weeks consisting of songs just from the Blitz soundtrack). Pick some legacy DLC and it's then as if there was new DLC. That strategy stopped in mid-April 2013 when the Metallica pack got delisted as I chose then to just buy everything I didn't have. It didn't help much regarding the hiatus but given how Activision handled the GH DLC delistings, things could've been worse than they were regarding RB relicensing.

and yet, I was so far removed from the game when it happened. That's on me I know, but I wish I had some of that delisted music (Metallica, Fleetwood Mac, Styx, RHCP, etc.)
    Yea, lots of people feel the same way. I remember checking one day and seeing "Don't Stop Believing" so I bought it that day, surprisingly I didn't have it. After that I said I won't miss anymore so I bookmarked the re-licensing thread. Now anytime any posts are made I see it regardless.
  • When I just bought RB4 my friend (an RB veteran) pointed me to the de-listing (or, rather, relicensing) thread and that was how I managed to get RHCP (the newest pack, which so happens to have 90% of their songs I love), Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks (I didn't even know them beforehand and ended up loving them so much) and Styx/REO Speedwagon (tbh I got it more for the REO Speedwagon - which was not delisted - but I like Styx so it was not a bad purchase).

As for this week's purchases, since the new DLC was free I also got How You Remind Me - Nickelback and Man on The Moon - R.E.M.
    They were both the result of the in-game store's Recommended DLC so thanks HMX! You reminded me of an old Nickelback song I loved back in the day and showed me an R.E.M. song I didn't know but fell in love with!