FINALLY got 5 Gold stars on all disc songs, Expert vocals!

TerryMTerryM Opening Act
edited April 2013 in The Beatles: Rock Band
It only took 3 1/2 years, but I finally have achieved 5 gold stars on Expert vocals!

By early February 2010, I had all of them except Boys, Helter Skelter, and Don't Let Me Down. A Ringo vocal, a Paul vocal, and a John vocal. By the end of the month I had completed Don't Let Me Down, and then in March I completed Boys. Only Helter Skelter remained.

How many times have I tried over the years? I don't know. I can say that as of March 2010 my Helter Skelter stats were: a score of 130474 with 5 stars on Expert, and a ranking of 108. As of November 2012, my score had not changed but my ranking had dropped to 196. This is on the PS3 version of the game.

By April 14th of this year I had raised my score to 148584, and my ranking had gone to 151, but my 5 stars were still not gold. :-(

And then, last Saturday, April 20th, I did it. New score: 161084, new ranking of 42, and 5 GOLD STARS!

Will there ever be a Beatles Rock Band 2, or more DLC for the game? Probably not. I would love to believe it will happen, but it doesn't seem likely, especially since it looks like the PS4 and XBOX 720 (or whatever it will be called) won't be backward compatible. But I still play this game, and I still LOVE this game.

I don't play every day. There are MONTHS that go by without me playing the game. But I have it on both PS3 and XBOX 360, and I will play it for as long as my systems and game hardware last. I have downloaded all of the DLC, and yet there are still songs I haven't played! Why? I guess I'm weird, but I like knowing that I still have unexplored areas and songs to experience and enjoy. As far as the disc based songs, I have just achieved 5 gold stars on Expert vocals for all songs. I have also acheived 5 stars on Medium Drums for all songs, 5 stars for all songs on Hard Bass, and 5 stars for all songs on Hard Guitar for all songs EXCEPT Revolution (stuck on 4 stars).

What's left? 5 stars for Revolution Hard Guitar, obviously. I also recently tried Expert Bass on the 4 Cavern songs. I was able to get 4 stars on Boys and Secret, and 3 stars on Twist and Shout. I couldn't finish I Saw Her Standing There. I want to at least be able to complete all of the disc songs on Expert Bass. I will take a shot at Hard Drums at some point. Expert Guitar? Probably not. :-) I'll see how Expert Bass goes first.

As far as the Sgt Pepper DLC, I've achieved 5 stars on Hard Bass and 5 Gold Stars on Expert Vocals (finished Lovely Rita just yesterday). I'm still working on achieving 5 stars for all songs on Hard Guitar, and I haven't played drums on any of the songs. I want to achieve 5 stars on Medium Drums.

Abbey Road? I've got 5 stars on Hard Bass on all songs (except Her Majesty, of course where the maximum is 3 stars). Haven't even started drums, guitar, or vocals. After having the DLC for over 3 years.

And Rubber Soul? I haven't INTENTIONALLY done anything with any of those songs. The only song I have played is Norwegian Wood on bass, and that was because I played online one time and the person I played with selected it. I didn't want to play it, but I didn't want to be rude, so I played the song and then logged off afterward to prevent that from happening again. So I have ALL of Rubber Soul waiting for me!

Oh, and I still have to play drums on All You Need Is Love. I have 5 Hard stars on Bass and Guitar, and 5 Gold stars on Expert vocals.

And everything I've mentioned is only for the PS3 version of the game! I also have it on XBOX. I bought a PS3 in 2009 just to play Beatles Rock Band. In early 2012 I bought an XBOX just to be able to play Forza 4 (I have a 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, and the car is available in the game). Fortunately I was able to find a brand new Premium Bundle Beatles Rock Band for XBOX on Amazon, so I bought one and stared to play the game on the other platform as well. I intend to achieve the same goals on both versions. I've already started, but I've definitely achieved more on the PS3 version.

Bottom line is, I still have YEARS of enjoyment ahead of me with this game!

If Harmonix is reading, I want to say THANK YOU again for this wonderful game, and also THANK YOU VERY MUCH for keeping the leaderboards active! PLEASE continue to keep the leaderboards active, as I want to continue to monitor my progress as I move up the board. I am currently number 39 on the career solo vocals leaderboard, and I would like to make it to the top 20, if not higher.

Thanks for reading, and ENJOY THE GAME! Spread the word, and if you haven't downloaded the DLC, DO IT! It's the only way to show Harmonix that even after 3 1/2 years, there is still a reason to support this game.

Comments