Playstation Home

Phantom778Phantom778 Unsigned
edited May 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
Thinking about starting a patrol force on PSHome. Basically we will patrol the various maps on home and just report people who are using unrealistic amounts of profanity, sexual harassment, hacking, trolling etc... Any interested people?

Comments

• Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited May 2013
    I have better things to do than to stalk and report trolls on the internet, sorry, but it won't make a lick of difference, you report one, another will always be right behind it.
  • Phantom778Phantom778 Unsigned
    edited May 2013
    you have better things to do? and yet your on the internet....
    ok...
    Anyways I want there to be another one right behind him. Just like cops want bad people... Called job security
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited May 2013
    If you are in Playstation Home by choice you have already made poor life choices.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited May 2013
    Home can be good for finding people to play poker with. Or at least it was. EA had some poker sites.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited May 2013
    Phantom778;5012889 said:
    ok...
    And your point is?

Anyways, good luck with whatever it is you think you're accomplishing which is absolutely nothing.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited May 2013
    www1221;5012891 said:
    If you are in Playstation Home by choice you have already made poor life choices.

This
    Phantom778;5012889 said:
    ok...
    Anyways I want there to be another one right behind him. Just like cops want bad people... Called job security

Cops prefer no crime/murders, this is a poor example of job security.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited May 2013
    Phantom778;5012889 said:
    ok...

1. Yes, there are better things to do on the internet. Online jobs, school, research, and even meeting with friends are examples of this. That, and virtually anything is less stress-inducing and pointless than dealing with trolls on the internet.
    2. That's a really bad example of job security. Most police officers chose their line of work to help keep criminals off the streets. You may argue that you're essentially doing the same thing here, but don't act shocked when people don't want to mess around with people who are trying to get chased around in the first place.
    3. Do people even still used Playstation Home? I'm on Xbox, but from what I hear from my very tech-savvy friends virtually no one even bothers with the service anymore.
  • WittikissWittikiss Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    Can we also report them if they look at us funny? If they jaywalk? How about if they wear a shirt color we don't like? The power is going to my head!!!
  • edited May 2013
    www1221;5012891 said:

I hate to agree with Ryan, but...
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited May 2013
    LiveHomeVideo;5012960 said:

3. Do people even still used Playstation Home? I'm on Xbox, but from what I hear from my very tech-savvy friends virtually no one even bothers with the service anymore.
    I'm waiting for it to go out of Beta and actually have a purpose.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited May 2013
    Aside from opening it once ages ago, I haven't touched it. Couldn't figure out what it was for...a place to "hang out"? Was it supposed to be a chat room or forum? I'm not overly fond of typing on the PS3 with either the controller or little keyboard attachment i bought for it, so no thanks.
    edited May 2013
    Bront20;5012998 said:
    I'm waiting for it to go out of Beta and actually have a purpose.

We have a winner!
  • edited May 2013
    Wow, it's still in beta?
    edited May 2013
    Beta means nothing these days. I believe GMail was in beta for like 10 years.
    edited May 2013
    Used to play an online game that was in beta for 2 years, once it went live the game died in 2 months.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 2013
    Yeah this game is still around and in Beta
    It's very expensive to even own anything on, and none of the spaces even are that special if you do buy any. (Clothes and other essentials become just as pointless)
    I just don't see this game lasting much longer, I mean yes they have their loyal fans who buy spaces and clothes every week, but i still don't think it's making that much revenue. I do like that they have Crackle on some of the Space's TVs, but then again I rarely get on it now anymore to make the real money i did spend on it worth it. (I know that Crackle also rarely updated [once every couple weeks?] But they don't add much to the list when they do)

About the whole enforcement group, good luck like others here have mentioned. There's way to many old men that go around in the public areas and will talk dirty to young girls constantly. There's no way to actually report someone unless they say something very sexual, offensive, or racial. And most of the time the old men are smart enough not to take it that far in a public area. (There's also older women that do this with the younger guys, or the 20 year old males that are trying to hook up with an avatar girl that they think is 18, but eventually they find out she is 12.)

Anyhow, just good luck if you get anyone that will waste their time to try to enforce a game that if they even cared would have PS HOME moderators walking the streets watching chat. I just don't think it'll ever happen.
    edited May 2013
    I dont know if it still is but Home was making a BUNCH of money. For whatever reason companies put ads and such there which was a good source of money for Sony.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    I keep forgetting about "Home". I think I still have a bunch of tokens from the carnival games. I have a SWEET Dig-Dug machine in my studio apartment overlooking the marina. How many games were there that came with goals that unlocked items for PS Home?

Not Rock Band, though adding that feature would be quite low on my wish list for RB4. Extremely low.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    I joined the Church of Scientology in Home
    edited May 2013
    One cool thing about it is if you buy, for example, a poker table for your virtual apartment, and invite PSN friends over, you all can play poker even though you're the only one who bought the table.

Also, my apartment is the Batcave, which is straight up badass. I got it for playing Arkham Asylum.
    edited May 2013
    I would be very surprised if visitors were able to play Dig Dug in my apartment, unless they also had purchased "Namco Museum Essentials". But now I'm curious.

Come and knock on my door. I'll be waiting for you.
    edited May 2013
    Meat-Popsicle;5013909 said:
    I would be very surprised if visitors were able to play Dig Dug in my apartment, unless they also had purchased "Namco Museum Essentials". But now I'm curious.

Come and knock on my door. I'll be waiting for you.
    That game is different I believe. I have the Namco cabinet but can't play anything on it because I don't own the Namco Collection.

But the games sold by Sony, such as chess and poker, are available to all.

Also, why do I get the feeling I'll end up trapped in a house in Cleveland for the next ten years if I knock on your door?
    edited May 2013
    Lawdog1521;5013911 said:
    That game is different I believe. I have the Namco cabinet but can't play anything on it because I don't own the Namco Collection.

But the games sold by Sony, such as chess and poker, are available to all.

Also, why do I get the feeling I'll end up trapped in a house in Cleveland for the next ten years if I knock on your door?
    Nah, it's a loveable space, and it needs your face.
    (wow, that DOES sound like something a creepy kidnapper would say!)

You'll be a big hit at the watering hole down the street.