Thank you Harmonix

ZXCV4523ZXCV4523 Unsigned
edited May 2013 in Rock Band
I am not sure if it being said before or if this is the right place to post this but all i can say is thank you Harmonix for all the many years of support to the Rock band Series and for keeping DLC going for around about 5 years. The Rock Band games will never be forgoten and i still play them to this day and with that i leave you guys with a quick video i made to look back on some of the great things Harmonix have done for us. Once again THANK YOU Harmonix and i wish you all the best. :D

From a fan who enjoy Rock Band too much :cool:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED7CMzvxSdo

Comments

• ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited May 2013
    Without Harmonix, there would be no rhythm gaming as we see it today. They not only helped spark the interest in playing with music, but also got people to appreciate wider genres of music they otherwise would never have given the chance. People can say Activision is the reason behind its demise, but Harmonix still continued to release weekly releases along with a new game that allowed all songs (minus RB3) to once again be used. The best thing HMX has ever done, was carried over not only DLC, but even 95-100% disc exports to the next core game. Can't think of any other games that has consistently done so, I know many FPS disregard map packs come the release of a new game.

Needless to say, HMX has set a precedent about their character, and I admire that. I'm glad to have supported them for as long as I have, and only wish I could do more.
  • WIIBARONWIIBARON Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    I guess I'm gonna rain on ClaptonsWigs parade of '95-100%' imports into the next core game. Wii were never able to import any song into RB2, and 0f the 370ish possible song imports into RB3, Wii were able to get 114. Only 30% of the total. Of the 255 songs Wii couldn't import, 125 can never be played in RB3 and most of the rest can be [re]purchased at full[or some $1 now] price. This drops the 95% importability down to south of 80%. I realize The Beatles was never able/designed/allowed to import, but if you added their 74 x3 platforms songs, another 15% or so of songs were not importable/playable in RB3. Parade rained on...
  • edited May 2013
    WIIBARON;5014930 said:
    Parade rained on...

I mean, if that's the approach you're going to take then you could say that 0% of the songs we released on the PS2 were exportable and the system received 0 downloadable content.

We've always done as much as we could given the technical limitations of the console we were working on. I believe we were the first game to feature any kind of export on the Wii, and from the outset we were pushing the limits of what was possible in terms of bundled content, 3rd party hardware, DLC compatibility, etc. Some consoles were more suited to those challenges than others, but we were always pushing to do as much as was possible at the time.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited May 2013
    WIIBARON;5014930 said:
    I guess I'm gonna rain on ClaptonsWigs parade of '95-100%' imports into the next core game. Wii were never able to import any song into RB2, and 0f the 370ish possible song imports into RB3, Wii were able to get 114. Only 30% of the total. Of the 255 songs Wii couldn't import, 125 can never be played in RB3 and most of the rest can be [re]purchased at full[or some $1 now] price. This drops the 95% importability down to south of 80%. I realize The Beatles was never able/designed/allowed to import, but if you added their 74 x3 platforms songs, another 15% or so of songs were not importable/playable in RB3. Parade rained on...

Not to rain on your parade, but the Wii wasn't originally included when Rock Band was released. HMX had to go through a total overhaul as far as DLC was concerned, and finally got you guys caught up to speed with the Xbox and PS3. They have dealt with the limitations that Nintendo set for the console, and attempted to keep you guys in best in line as they could for you. As for exporting RB1, that would have to be a licensing is hard scenario and after the $5 deal that the other consoles got, I'm sure it wouldn't be that simple and nice for the Wii.
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    Nintendo has never been a champion of online multiplayer gaming. This game works just fine with all band members in the same room playing at the same time, which is more in lockstep with how Nintendo envisions consumers using their products.

As far as imports go, yeah, it's a bummer you can't bring Lego or RB1 tracks into RB3. And it's too bad RBN had to be discontinued. But despite all that, there are still more than 2,100 songs available to play on the Wii - a tremendous amount of content Harmonix deserves praise for providing.

You can always seek out the Lego and RB1 games - probably going pretty cheap now (I found an AC/DC track pack for the Wii for 99 cents last month) - if you want to play those songs.
  • ZXCV4523ZXCV4523 Unsigned
    edited May 2013
    hmxhenry;5014896 said:
    Thanks guys. :)

And Thank you for your awesomeness!
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    ^ Nice video.
    We can never say enough "thanks" for all the hmx team has done. <3 They are amazing.
    edited May 2013
    rkbdgurl;5015115 said:
    ^ Nice video.
    We can never say enough "thanks" for all the hmx team has done. <3 They are amazing.</div>

150% agreed :D
  • seven11seven11 Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    I haven't posted here in years, but I'd like to pop in to say thank you as well. You've taught me to open up my mind to new genre's of music and from that I've fallen in love with many new songs that you guys showed me.

Also thanks to you guys, I picked up a real guitar and there's nothing like it. The pro mode started me on that. I don't play the game as much as I used to, but I still go back to it from time to time. It's certainly changed my life.

You rock Harmonix
  • ilyama999ilyama999 Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    Big big thanks for this game, it's one of the best game I never played !

I understand why but I'm sad to know that DLC release it's over ... :(

But HMX made such a great work !

Maybe the only thing I dont agree, it's that Rock band is not on PC ...
    edited May 2013
    ilyama999;5015216 said:
    Big big thanks for this game, it's one of the best game I never played !

I understand why but I'm sad to know that DLC release it's over ... :(

But HMX made such a great work !

Maybe the only thing I dont agree, it's that Rock band is not on PC ...

Yea i kinda wish there was a PC version and only reason i still use my consoles is just for rock band really
  • ilyama999ilyama999 Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    I bought an xbox only for that ... I dont need console but RB is such a amazing game so I bought a console only for this game . But its so addictif that I play 80% console / 20 % PC now :)

But others consoles games sucks IMO... :D

Piracy is the issue for a PC version when you see the DLC system of HMX.
    Too expensive for PC users ... :D
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    my thoughts..
    RB3 pro definitely had it's problems...not hearing the notes you are playing, the cost , pro guitar left out many aspects of playing..mute, bend and so on. Also HMX did a horrible job marketing it...but I am in awe of everything that was accomplished in that game....huge setlist...all the instruments WITH pro mode. ALL the dlc(including songs from prior discs brought forward... It was the 1st...maybe not the best in the end...that uncovered an amazing amount of creativity and innovation that others can now fine tune...it was an amazing accomplishment
    posted on rocksmith site...