Xbox One

Comments

• HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited May 2013
    firedoom666;5016420 said:
    but you still need to be signed into your profile, which means waiting for it to download to your friends xbox... and you can't let friends borrow games
    Downloading a new profile takes virtually no time at all now, even on the current 360, thanks to cloud services
    www1221;5016421 said:
    They can borrow your games just have to pay the fee which will probably be the same as the online passes. If $10 is too expensive for you maybe video games shouldnt be your top priority. If the fee is full price then yeah thatll suck

It is full price, they have confirmed that bringing the same disc to a different console with a different Gamertag will treat the disc as brand new
    www1221;5016421 said:
    If $10 is too expensive for you maybe video games shouldnt be your top priority.

You're such an incorrigible piece of bologna. Stop being such a buntzhole
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited May 2013
    HeyRiles;5016425 said:
    Downloading a new profile takes virtually no time at all now, even on the current 360, thanks to cloud services

oh it is that quick now? I have not downloaded it to a different console for a very long time, I remember it taking a long time back then but that could of been for different reasons
    www1221;5016421 said:
    They can borrow your games just have to pay the fee which will probably be the same as the online passes. If $10 is too expensive for you maybe video games shouldnt be your top priority. If the fee is full price then yeah thatll suck
    I got to agree with HeyRiles here... You're such an incorrigible piece of bologna. Stop being such a buntzhole
  • OsagaRockHeroOsagaRockHero Still Disappointed
    edited May 2013
    www1221;5016421 said:
    If $10 is too expensive for you maybe video games shouldnt be your top priority.

Hey, did you hear that the new Rock Band game is going to have mandatory DLC that needs to be bought, but you can only use it for a limited time?
    edited May 2013
    OsagaRockHero;5016428 said:
    Hey, did you hear that the new Rock Band game is going to have mandatory DLC that needs to be bought, but you can only use it for a limited time?

You really need to stop making Rock Band your top priority here
  • DerLindwurmDerLindwurm Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    Looks like I'm getting a PS4. I want a game console. Not a motion and voice controlled novelty item.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited May 2013
    DerLindwurm;5016448 said:
    Looks like I'm getting a PS4. I want a game console. Not a video and voice controlled novelty item.

Agreed, good thing I still have my core PS3 friends
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited May 2013
    There's only one way to describe the reveal...

...a gigantic fustercluck.
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    Guess I'll be getting as much out of my 360 as I possibly can.
  • MySummerJobMySummerJob Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    I love my 360, but it looks like I am going PS4 next gen...

Well, unless Sony has some hidden surprises for us?
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited May 2013
    For those that missed it, here's today's presser summed up in two minutes. And having watched it live, trust me, this video was dead on.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    Munnchy;5016354 said:
    Used games CAN be used, without an additional fee.

I'm definitely looking forward to some more concrete details than single sentences from Major Nelson or a Twitter account.
    Lawdog1521;5016492 said:
    For those that missed it, here's today's presser summed up in two minutes. And having watched it live, trust me, this video was dead on.

Wow... Why the hell would people want to use their game console to watch TV when the console has to be hooked up to a TV anyway? My understanding is that it just displays the TV/Cable/Satellite channels you already have?
  • WittikissWittikiss Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    raynebc;5016516 said:
    Wow... Why the hell would people want to use their game console to watch TV when the console has to be hooked up to a TV anyway? My understanding is that it just displays the TV/Cable/Satellite channels you already have?

I've been asking this since I first heard about it. Another forum member kindly stated that "We are not the intended audience." All I have to say is that my wife has her TV to watch TV and I have my system to play games. Her remote works just fine and we are able to do things simultaneously without fighting that I have friends who want to play a game while she has a show she wants to watch. Putting these features in an expensive device means a family will have most likely only one and a constant fight over who can watch their shows saved to the Xbox, who can play games, or who can surf the internet. There's a reason we separate these devices.
    edited May 2013
    Lawdog1521;5016492 said:

Will watch this after work
  • WittikissWittikiss Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    ClaptonsWig;5016529 said:
    Will watch this after work

I'll sum it up the way a comment on the site summed it up for me.
    TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. SPORTS. SPORTS. SPORTS. SPORTS. SPORTS. SPORTS. SPORTS. SPORTS. SPORTS. SPORTS. SPORTS. SPORTS. SPORTS. SPORTS. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. CALL OF DUTY. DOG.DOG.DOG.DOG.DOG.DOG.DOG. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. TV. XBOX GO HOME.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't planning on buying a new console day 1 anyway; this just cements my decision to stick with my 360 for a while longer. The only exclusive that interests me is Forza 5 and for that, I can wait.

I suppose it was only a matter of time until they started integrating everything into one system, and that time is now. As far as the TV feature, I'd still rather build my own machine for all my DVR needs.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    There's nowhere to go but up for MS. I predict their E3 presentation [game footage!] will get a lot more positive coverage than this one.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited May 2013
    I think this has been the most disastrous new console announcement I've seen. They should have addressed the mandatory internet connection issue, mandatory kinect usage, no game trading and even backwards compatibility. They didn't do it. They let it all seep out of various channels after their event. The answers given were less than straightforward or contradictory. They spent more than half of the frigging event talking about tv services; and after the fact we find out it will be US only at launch. For people in any other country, the event showed features you will pay for but not receive until some nebulous date in the future. As a Canadian, the XBox One can cram it until such time as it's fully functional. The European market has been effectively given up to Sony.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited May 2013
    I will be foregoing the "1" and getting a Wii U which apparently is the only new console where RB export has been fully addressed. Guess this is my reward for suffering through with Ninty the past five years.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited May 2013
    Wittikiss;5016531 said:
    I'll sum it up the way a comment on the site summed it up for me.

That is incorrect.

Call of Duty ended the show.
    edited May 2013
    www1221;5016586 said:
    That is incorrect.

Call of Duty ended the show.

Your opinion.
    edited May 2013
    ClaptonsWig;5016588 said:
    Your opinion.

Hello, Pizzza.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited May 2013
    Are you two dummies gonna start brawling?
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    Wittikiss;5016521 said:
    Putting these features in an expensive device means a family will have most likely only one and a constant fight over who can watch their shows saved to the Xbox, who can play games, or who can surf the internet.

Now that I think about it, if it could act as a DVR and record shows while you're playing games, that could be useful. If it could record multiple shows at once like some DVRs can, even better. If it can't do either of those, then I don't see the use.
    edited May 2013
    Dadasaurus Rex;5016590 said:
    Are you two dummies gonna start brawling?

I'm hoping he knows I'll say things just to get a rise out of him.
    edited May 2013
    bigmf;5016535 said:
    I think this has been the most disastrous new console announcement I've seen. They should have addressed the mandatory internet connection issue, mandatory kinect usage, no game trading and even backwards compatibility. They didn't do it. They let it all seep out of various channels after their event.

Why the Bloody Mary would you spend time during your hardware reveal presentation pointing out the negatives of your product?

The post-presentation media questions are when more difficult answers are supposed to be revealed. I'm gonna have some trouble selling a vacuum if I let the potential buyers know it has issues with thicker carpet before they've made a purchase, and I'm not gonna point out that I am not a morning person or that I'm most interested in pay during a job interview

Is it underhanded? Sure, but nothing would ever get done if everything was prefaced with a positive/negative list
    edited May 2013
    HeyRiles;5016622 said:
    Why the Bloody Mary would you spend time during your hardware reveal presentation pointing out the negatives of your product?

whether you, as a company, view these things as negative or not those are the things you talk about to press afterwards and not during a PC where you have limited time, which they ended up going over on anyway.
    edited May 2013
    Damn it, Riles! Does your vacuum do shaggy carpets or not? Stop with the double talk!
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited May 2013
    HeyRiles;5016622 said:

So you don't have them leak out in a pathetic disjointed manner all over the internet after the fact. So they can try to put some positive perspective on each of them. So they can be prepared for the questions and deliver a single unified message on each of them. So they can control the marketing message, rather than engaging in desperate firefights. And finally to clear the negatives out of the way so they can focus on the positives going into E3.
    edited May 2013
    I can't find the article but the response to the "always online" issue by one of the MS execs yesterday exemplifies their incompetence.

"It doesn't have to always be online as long as it's connected to the internet"

When you're tweeting stuff like that, you've dropped the ball.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    Yes, you can use your disc to install the game on another XBone. And you can play it, while you're visiting your friend, if you log into your own account from there. And then, if they like it, they can buy it too, and it will be already installed on their machine!

Hey, that's "sort of" how it works now, right? Install once. Insert disc [now] / Log nto your account [XBone] to play. Take back the disc, it stays installed there, there's just no way your friend can play. Unless you lend out your disc [now] / password [XBone].

Or, since ALL titles will be available on disc and via download, your friend could download a demo for free, and then buy it if they liked it. Having the disc just saves them download time, like if they still have DSL.

And your computer doesn't have to be connected to the internet every second ... just, like, most seconds. Just like with your cell phone! Don't have access to a cell phone signal, or don't want to be connected to your wireless provider all the time? Well then, don't buy a cell phone, it's going to be worthless to you. Same thing appllies here. Can't get / don't want to get linked to the internet? Well then, the XBone is not for you.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/phil-harrison-xbox-one/