Xbox One

Comments

• Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited May 2013
    If it's a game machine you certainly couldn't tell from what they showed yesterday. No gameplay was shown.
  • WittikissWittikiss Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    Well since the Kinect has to be always attached for the system to work and it will read your facial expressions as you play games. I'm going to refer to it as the Big brother box. And ruin my age old tradition of playing nude.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited May 2013
    Wittikiss;5016649 said:
    Well since the Kinect has to be always attached for the system to work and it will read your facial expressions as you play games. I'm going to refer to it as the Big brother box. And ruin my age old tradition of playing nude.

You know how they have those directed ads on the internet these days? If the XBox one started delivering ads for penis enlargement products, I'd have to throw the damn thing out.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited May 2013
    Wittikiss;5016649 said:

It could be cool is they see you are angry and mute your mic so we dont get any of the racial and homophobic slurs that has been associated with online stuff.

Whats stopping you from still playing naked?
  • GRRRUMBLEGRRRUMBLE Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    Does my mustang pro guitar rockband 3 work as a controller on this box shaped machine?
    Will this do email like webtv?
    Will the skype service use microsoft points cards for payment?
    I expected camera compatability like xd or sd card slot. I also expected 3d file support to be talked about.
    My guess is that spying on homes , listening and lurking was the priority.
    They talked about lifelike , I don't play shootem up style games. If I laid my tv down on a desk and plugged the new one in then played a lifelike game of pinball , then it is good to be lifelike.
    It is hard to use one in a sentence to refer to this as above " plugged the new one in " . One as the items name passed the suggestion phase and the board and theceo approval stages , the pre reveal hype through to the , the one the one and only one , it is the one .
    Boxy one or as others said xbone connected.
    I also thought that family that spent on dlc for family and now one is off to college , that student would have access to family purchased dlc .
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    It will count the number of people in the room and charge you extra if you rent a movie and exceed the "viewer limit".

I am not making this up. Well, sort of: this came out last year, and as I remember it, Microsoft never came close to putting it into action. But with the new device? Maybe!

http://www.geekwire.com/2012/microsoft-diskinect-freeloading-tv-viewers/
    edited May 2013
    GRRRUMBLE;5016659 said:
    Does my mustang pro guitar rockband 3 work as a controller on this box shaped machine?
    I expected camera compatability like xd or sd card slot. I also expected 3d file support to be talked about.
    They talked about lifelike , I don't play shootem up style games. If I laid my tv down on a desk and plugged the new one in then played a lifelike game of pinball , then it is good to be lifelike.
    It is hard to use one in a sentence to refer to this as above " plugged the new one in " . One as the items name passed the suggestion phase and the board and theceo approval stages , the pre reveal hype through to the , the one the one and only one , it is the one .
    I also thought that family that spent on dlc for family and now one is off to college , that student would have access to family purchased dlc .

Is any of this post in english?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    GRRRUMBLE;5016659 said:
    If I laid my tv down on a desk and plugged the new one in then played a lifelike game of pinball , then it is good to be lifelike.

I would pay a lot of money for a pinball emulator that allowed me to use my TV while it's placed in a vertical orientation. Though I would then also need to pay a lot of money for some sort of mount that would let me rotate the TV easily.
    edited May 2013
    The latest quote from MS about backwards compatibility...
    If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards
    It's like Ryan now works for Microsoft. :p
  • GRRRUMBLEGRRRUMBLE Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    www1221;5016662 said:
    Is any of this post in english?
    All of it is .You got some little problem with me saying something on this subject.
    You have a blocking posts available to you. I'm gonna be in 4 cities tommorrow ft lauderdale toronto atlanta and austin .
    It is rare for me to get gaming time or forum time .
  • edited May 2013
    You can never go wrong with a Dog in your squad.

Weak launch P.C.

Looking forward to E3. Just have to weasel my credentials... :P
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited May 2013
    bigmf;5016627 said:
    So you don't have them leak out in a pathetic disjointed manner all over the internet after the fact. So they can try to put some positive perspective on each of them. So they can be prepared for the questions and deliver a single unified message on each of them. So they can control the marketing message, rather than engaging in desperate firefights. And finally to clear the negatives out of the way so they can focus on the positives going into E3.

I still don't understand - why would you tell people the weaknesses and drawbacks of your product before you talked about the positives and the things people want to hear? The point is, as most everything when trying to sell a product or service, is to make a good first impression on what you're trying to get people to buy into

A marketing method like that seems extremely XBoneheaded
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited May 2013
    HeyRiles;5016673 said:
    I still don't understand - why would you tell people the weaknesses and drawbacks of your product before you talked about the positives and the things people want to hear? The point is, as most everything when trying to sell a product or service, is to make a good first impression on what you're trying to get people to buy into

A marketing method like that seems extremely XBoneheaded

Doing it before talking about the positives would be stupid. Explaining these new "features" concurrently with the positive and explaining why they are necessary to bring the positives, would be far better than what was done.

Honesty in marketing has had a number of noteworthy successes; obfuscation has had few.
    edited May 2013
    I think it's been pretty clear so far that none of these PR dudes have an answer yet for any 'why' question

It seems to me that they made these announcements, have been fielding questions and giving non-answers to a small sample size, and then telling people all their questions will be answered at E3 as they come up with the justification of their hardware and network decisions. Which, that's fine, their whole prE3 thing seemed rushed anyway in the face of PS4 info being leaked and at this moment in time I don't feel like it was a completely necessary press conference to have, but we'll have to hold judgement on how we feel about the entire XBone generation until they have their E3 proper announcement, where I assume they will focus primarily on these 15 announced exclusives and have all kinds of dudes in polos and jeans standing in front of a crowd trying to talk and play a video game at the same time
    edited May 2013
    Lawdog1521;5016668 said:
    It's like Ryan now works for Microsoft. :p

But I said they should have BC!
    edited May 2013
    I meant it just sounds like something you would say. :p
    edited May 2013
    Doc_SoCal;5016672 said:
    You can never go wrong with a Dog in your squad.

Weak launch P.C.

Looking forward to E3. Just have to weasel my credentials... :P
    I plan on just flashing my wallet real fast and yelling, "It's okay! I'm a limo driver!"
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited May 2013
    Lawdog1521;5016735 said:
    I plan on just flashing my wallet real fast and yelling, "It's okay! I'm a limo driver!"

Petey didn't even have a head!
  • WittikissWittikiss Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    www1221;5016657 said:
    It could be cool is they see you are angry and mute your mic so we dont get any of the racial and homophobic slurs that has been associated with online stuff.

Whats stopping you from still playing naked?

I feel kind of bad someone else is in the room, like I'm cheating on my wife. And since this isn't Chatroulette exposing my junk seems wrong.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited May 2013
    Does it really feel wrong? Or are you just feeling that it would be wrong?
    edited May 2013
    So... since the Kinnect 2.0 is so sensitive it can detect individual wrist movements... and if you were completely naked... would it sense your junk?
  • GrandmaLorraineGrandmaLorraine Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    I knew I shouldn't have used that red telephone booth again!? Last time I did I missed Xbox's 2 through 359. Now I seemed to have gone back to the past, where is the doctor!?
    edited May 2013
    You're so old your family doctor is a paleontologist.

(That was tonight show quality)
  • GrandmaLorraineGrandmaLorraine Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    Lawdog1521;5016811 said:
    You're so old your family doctor is a paleontologist.

(That was tonight show quality)

I will still never forgive Steve Allen for what he did to that poor Dorothy Goodman.
    edited May 2013
    Lawdog1521;5016805 said:
    So... since the Kinnect 2.0 is so sensitive it can detect individual wrist movements... and if you were completely naked... would it sense your junk?

It's capable of detecting depth now, so I imagine there's very little stopping Kinect from displaying your virtual boner to the world
    edited May 2013
    HeyRiles;5016813 said:
    It's capable of detecting depth now, so I imagine there's very little stopping Kinect from displaying your virtual boner to the world

Well, mines not the issue. A Kinnect with cataracts could see mine.
    edited May 2013
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    Marlboro;5016288 said:
    What's the abbreviation gonna be?

I got it!
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited May 2013
    GRRRUMBLE;5016659 said:
    No, but that's okay because your Rock Band 3 won't work on this box-shaped machine either.
    Depends on whether "e-mail like WebTV" means "e-mail, as WebTV also has its own e-mail client" or "WebTV doesn't handle e-mail very well, so I'm going to avoid it" or something else. I'm presuming it has Internet Explorer integrated (whether or not it's part of Live Gold like on 360, I'd wager "probably"), so it'd handle treat webmail like any other Windows 8 device, or like your 360 Gold-enabled IE browser does now.
    Nobody knows, but since the rumor is they're doing away with points altogether...
    3D file support? Like DXF? Or Blu-Ray 3D?
    Depends on your definition of "spying," I guess. I don't think they're looking for information to blackmail you with, nor are they planning strategies to bring you down in the comfort of your home. More than likely it'll just be in a passive listening state (for that stupid "Xbox On!" command) until you activate the Xbox. With X million users across the globe (mainly the US and Europe), they can't really manage to keep track of everyone's day-to-day activities very easily at all.
    Lifelike rendering is different from lifelike interactio. Forza looks pretty and "lifelike," but it sounds like you won't consider it "lifelike" without a steering wheel, in which case you're looking for "authentic."
    Kinda poetic, though it took a while to decipher what you were saying here. I don't think anyone was planning on calling it "the One" the way they referred to "the 360" precisely because it's cheesy and confusing. "X-Bone" has my vote for the time being.

That wasn't the case with the 360, but it sounds like they're doing something slightly different with XBL Gold (something about subscriptions not being limited to one gamertag), so who knows.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited May 2013
    Think I'm gonna pass on this gen altogether. all the social crap, Kinect, lack of hardware improvements (yes it improves, but most of the money went to the social crap, making both sony and MS have to cut back on other hardware features. For example, with the X360 and PS3, they both got 1 of the better graphics cards available at the time. New Gen will have a medium ranged card. With optimizing it will still look as good/better than most PC stuff now, but that gap will be closed way faster than with the previous gen)

I'll just get a gaming PC and see how it turns out with the next next gen.

either that or make plans for a kickstarter to design my own game console. (with guaranteed backwards compatibility on it's successor! :D)