"Fantasia: Music Evolved" Xbox One and Xbox 360 Kinect Game Revealed

BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
edited October 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
I was scrolling through my facebook news feed when I chanced upon this post from the Rock Band facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RockBand/posts/10151763409490209
Harmonix (creators of Rock Band) will be announcing a new game tomorrow! It’s not a Rock Band or Dance Central title – it’s a new project that we’re psyched to tell you about! Keep posted to Harmonix Facebook and Twitter (twitter.com/harmonix) accounts for the news.
Now, I fell out of the Rock Band loop and community a while back, but this has piqued my interest.

Thoughts?

Comments

• topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    can't wait to be disappointed.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2013
    topdrawer;5019198 said:
    can't wait to be disappointed.

I cant wait for you to be disappointed.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if they'll throw out a hint on the live stream.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited June 2013
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    www1221;5019208 said:
    I cant wait for you to be disappointed.

and if I'm not disappointed, will you be disappointed?
    edited June 2013
    topdrawer;5019214 said:

No.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited June 2013
    topdrawer;5019214 said:

Tongue. Bitten. Hard. Ow.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    I need to know everything. Why can't it be tomorrow already?!
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2013
    Ten bucks says its something that would make a school girl cry in antici.....pation
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited June 2013
    Whatever it is, I hope it's worth them ending the DLC in April.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited June 2013
    it's amazing how many people keep saying Rock Band 4 on Twitter and Facebook bruther when they said it's not rock band bruther. Just shows you the fanbase is still alive and well. I think it was the wrong decision to end rock band bruther. It obivious everyone wants another rock band bruther.
    edited June 2013
    1. 10 people on these forums and facebook does not equal everybody
    2. I bet you the money in my wallet that its Rock Band 4
    edited June 2013
    www1221;5019288 said:

Yeah right bruter. I counted 11
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited June 2013
    I'm looking forward to whatever the announcement is, even if whatever the game is, it most likely wont be of much interest to me (no offense HMX, it's because I don't like most (read: "any") games not named "Rock Band".

I still hope the game is successful by all measures as I want to see HMX continue to reap the rewards of being a top tier developer. I'm interested in seeing what (if any) DLC model they have in store for it, since they basically wrote the book on how to do that properly.

I'm also looking forward to what other future announcements they have in store (didn't I read along the way that they were working on multiple projects, and this is just the first?).

I'm also hoping that the next gen consoles are massive failures as gaming machines, in the sense that developers are better off continuing to make content for the current gen (which obviously is just as good a gaming platform as the next gen, seeing as Sony and MS are more interested in touting everything else they do over any advancements in gaming capabilities).

And finally, I look forward to the day when HMX has a chance to catch their collective breath and re-energize the rock band world with a restart of regular DLC.
    edited June 2013
    www1221;5019288 said:

Year old condom betting I see, I'll take that bet
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2013
    I just hope it isn't some cop-out FPS that sets itself in an endless sea of brown and contains such "innovations" as jumping and enemy AI functioning based on your actions.
    edited June 2013
    If it's a kinect game I'm gonna hang myself with my on brown streak underwear dude.
    edited June 2013
    Hogan2000;5019298 said:
    If it's a kinect game I'm gonna hang myself with my on brown streak underwear dude.

Of watch what you say, we lost a cat in the ban thread no thanks to Dog
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    BachiG;5019291 said:
    I'm looking forward to whatever the announcement is, even if whatever the game is, it most likely wont be of much interest to me (no offense HMX, it's because I don't like most (read: "any") games not named "Rock Band".

I still hope the game is successful by all measures as I want to see HMX continue to reap the rewards of being a top tier developer. I'm interested in seeing what (if any) DLC model they have in store for it, since they basically wrote the book on how to do that properly.

I'm also looking forward to what other future announcements they have in store (didn't I read along the way that they were working on multiple projects, and this is just the first?).

I'm also hoping that the next gen consoles are massive failures as gaming machines, in the sense that developers are better off continuing to make content for the current gen (which obviously is just as good a gaming platform as the next gen, seeing as Sony and MS are more interested in touting everything else they do over any advancements in gaming capabilities).

And finally, I look forward to the day when HMX has a chance to catch their collective breath and re-energize the rock band world with a restart of regular DLC.
    -- The next game is not Rock Band or Dance Central related, according to the Twitter announcement.

-- Harmonix has three titles in development and this is the first of those three to have more details released.

-- Harmonix has always maintained the pipeline is still there to release DLC, when (and if) they decide to.

Tomorrow's announcement is expected at around 9 a.m., Eastern time.
    edited June 2013
    The heck with what Harmonix has to say bruther

We have Plants vs Zombies 2 coming July 18th. My year is complete
  • kriskokrisko Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    My interest in PvZ2 flopped after I read that it will be a freemium game. I hate freemium games so much because you end up trying to find ways around the paywalls than actually having fun with the game.

On that note, I hope that whatever Harmonix comes out with is not a freemium game. I also hope that it gets released on Wii U. Harmonix is the only third party that can force me to buy one of the other next-gen consoles at this point.
  • DavidTLynchEsqDavidTLynchEsq Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    www1221;5019288 said:
    I bet you the money in my wallet that its Rock Band 4
    They've been saying since January that it's not a Rock Band game.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    That's his way of saying he has no bills in his wallet.

Surely some, if not all, of the new Harmonix games will require Kinect, they might even be Xbone exclusives. Didn't they specifically say that / advertise for that kind of programmer? I am steeling myself for the possibility that I won't be able to play any of their new titles, at least not for a while. My next gaming platform might just be an iPad, there are some great board games that play much easier that way.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited June 2013
    Interesting idea. Able to use your movements to change the music. I knew Harmonix was wanting to make a game where players could create music...

I have to admit, I enjoyed Dance Central to a point, but just dancing didn't quite get it for me... However, being able to interact and change the music in some slight way should be pretty darned fun.

So, where are the Fantasia forums?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited June 2013
    I want a demo of this game like now.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    Developed with Disney? Nice co-branding, Harmonix! I'm hoping they make a billion dollars on this.

If I have an Xbox 360 by then, I'm sure I'll buy this.

In my vivid imagination, my next neighbor is going to have an Xbox 360 complete with a massive RB library and full set of instruments, and he'll have me over all the time. Or maybe he'll be out of town a lot and will need me to come over regularly and water his plants. In any case, I'll be buying this game for this hypothetical new neighbor in 2014.
  • HairlooksgreatHairlooksgreat Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    Just watched the trailer and I have no idea what this game is other than another vehicle to tap into the DLC catalog. I'm not hating, I just don't get it. Seriously, please explain what this game is about.