Hogan2000

Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
edited June 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
This is very difficult to write and it may be too soon, but due to Hogan's popularity here I feel the need to put this up so the community can know. Hogan (Charlie) was killed in a car crash earlier today. His sister posted this in WAYDRN
Hello Rock Band crew,

I'm the sister of the guy you know as Hogan2000 aka (Charlie). I just wanted to say he was in a car crash a little over an hour ago. .He was rushed to the hospital and right now we don't know the status of what's going on. I was just going through his phone and I seen where he had logged into the Rock Band site. I just thought I let his friends know what's going on. Please keep him in your thoughts as we update you on his situation. Thank you Rock Band crew.
She later posted Charlie had passed.

Charlie was a beloved member here in our Rock Band world. He was one of those guys that got attention with every post. I know he was actually one of HMX's favorite posters as well. I think I can speak on behalf of the community when I say our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and we'll miss him.

Comments

• Skynyrd45Skynyrd45 Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    This is so awfully sad. I don't post on here that much, but I read almost everything. Hogans post were always entertaining. It's weird how you can feel like you know someone without ever meeting them. He will certainly be missed by these forums. I'll be playing some Cinderalla tonight in his honor, as I remember how excited he was when that pack was announced. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited June 2013
    :(

very sad news bruther
  • MySummerJobMySummerJob Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    I'm hoping that this is just some sick twisted joke.
  • GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    MySummerJob;5019913 said:

To be honest I've been having that feeling too, due to previous experiences with faked Internet deaths. But at the same time I'm willing to put that idea away since, for all I know, he is most likely passed.

And one of the last songs he played was A Tout Le Mond... :(
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2013
    My prayers go out to his family. He will be missed here and in real life.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited June 2013
    GandWuser;5019914 said:

I noticed that. Unfortunately that something most of us won't get to do, say goodbye. I just went back through some of his favorite songs, including this one, and played them in RB for him.
  • GrandPappySMAPGrandPappySMAP Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    I... I never really talked to the guy but I'm REALLY gonna miss his presence here. A true bruther through and through, this is a tragedy for it to happen to anyone, but someone like Hogan... oh man.

RIP pal
  • Henry_MonteiroHenry_Monteiro Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    Truly a sad day for the forums. My regards to the family.

RIP bruther.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    Holy crap. I know it's been said, but thoughts and prayers to his family... He will certainly be missed, all his posts were so funny and entertaining.

RIP bruther.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited June 2013
    Only the good die young. Peace be with his family and all that know him.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    I... I can't believe this has actually happened.... The forums won't be the same without him.

From one bruther to another, may he rest in peace :'(
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited June 2013
    Really? Damn, that is bad news indeed. You will be missed, bruther...
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2013
    I'll wear his belt in honor
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited June 2013
    I'll miss you, bruther.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    My condolences to his family. Being the big wrestling fan that I am, I thought his posts were really funny. Thank you to his sister for thinking of those on these forums - if the family will be accepting donations in his memory to charity, I'll be happy to contribute.
  • grizzlymazegrizzlymaze Fourplay for a Long Time
    edited June 2013
    Hogan's posts always made me laugh and smile, he seemed like such a warm and genuine man and Im so sorry to read he is no longer with us.

"Smile when you think of me"....so fitting.

Rest in peace bruther.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited June 2013
    Ah crap that's sad!!! :( I'll miss reading his posts. Sending thoughts and prayers to his family.

RIP Bruther! May you be rockin' out in the big arena in the sky!
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited June 2013
    MySummerJob;5019913 said:
    GandWuser;5019914 said:
    To be honest I've been having that feeling too, due to previous experiences with faked Internet deaths. But at the same time I'm willing to put that idea away since, for all I know, he is most likely passed.

My feelings as well. Honestly, I'd rather it be a hoax.

You'll be missed bruther.
  • DrifterUKDrifterUK Awesome Lake Ninja
    edited June 2013
    Jen just relayed this to me
    Incredibly sad news, and it hardly seems real

Rest in peace Bruther. Youll be missed greatly here by everyone
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited June 2013
    DrifterUK;5020012 said:
    Jen just relayed this to me
    Incredibly sad news, and it hardly seems real

Rest in peace Bruther. Youll be missed greatly here by everyone

Yeah, here's to hoping he'll surprise us and be posting away soon!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited June 2013
    I don't post here much anymore, so how incredibly unfortunate that the day I return brings such unfortunate news. Hogan always made me laugh. Heck, even when he was getting on the nerves of everyone else, that somehow endeared him to me even more. I smiled at just about every dude, bruther and pal that he added to his witty replies. I never knew him outside of the site, but our short interactions here gave me the impression that he was a good guy, and definitely a much-loved member of the RB community. He will be missed by all, and certainly by me. R.I.P bruther.
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    that is truly sad.

RIP! you will be missed.
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited June 2013
    Very sad day indeed

RIP, bruther
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited June 2013
    You will be missed, bruther! Live on in our hearts and our songs!

May you Rest in peace, Hogan2000.

:(
  • WittikissWittikiss Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    Hogan was like a bruther to me. May we meet again dude pal.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited June 2013
    Just a memory...

Hogan started posting here I think around Rock Band 3. He used the Hogan persona and about half the board loved it and it drove the other half nuts. (The boards were way more active back then). After a while he became a regular and started posting as himself, sans "bruther". Then, even the people who initially couldn't stand the joke got mad because he wasn't using it anymore. :p So from then on, even in his serious post, he would always work in a "bruther". :p
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    Lawdog1521;5020043 said:
    Just a memory...

Hogan started posting here I think around Rock Band 3. He used the Hogan persona and about half the board loved it and it drove the other half nuts. (The boards were way more active back then). After a while he became a regular and started posting as himself, sans "bruther". Then, even the people who initially couldn't stand the joke got mad because he wasn't using it anymore. :p So from then on, even in his serious post, he would always work in a "bruther". :p

I was one of the half driven mad by the 'bruther's. I went as far as trying to make an extension for my browser that would find and replace all instances of said words. but in the end it grew on me.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2013
    Lawdog1521;5020043 said:
    Just a memory...

He originally joined as himself, under his PSN name I do believe. He left that for Hogan, which developed after KiddyKev encouraged his "bruther" usage. It was game on by then.
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    wow...very sad indeed...does anyone know how old he was or where he lived? Ive been a part of this site since RB 2 days and he was a joy...
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited June 2013
    David2380;5020083 said:
    wow...very sad indeed...does anyone know how old he was or where he lived? Ive been a part of this site since RB 2 days and he was a joy...

His profile says South Carolina