E3 2013

Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
edited June 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
Get all up in that E3 in this here thread.

I'm looking forward to the Bandfuse presentation tonight.

Comments

• bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited June 2013
    I think the biggest question mark has to go to The Order: 1886. It looks cool as all get-out, but they haven't shown any game play. It's by Sony Santa Monica/Ready at Dawn who have a track record behind them. I hope to see more soon.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited June 2013
    Star Wars Battlefront (3), and Assassin's Creed IV is all I needed to see. Doesn't hurt when Rockstar flashes a few new GTA:V screens either.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited June 2013
    Sunset Overdrive looked slick, and Watch_Dogs was just as impressive as it was last year. My two favorites from E3

Sad that FFvsXIII has been totally reworked, but it'll be fine. They might've been a bit too hung up on that universe anyway

Destiny seems better than Borderlands, but that remains to be seen until they confirm whether or not loot is shared or not

I need to play Kingdom Hearts. I only played a bit of the first one, but I played the hell out of the GBA game and that's supposed to be the worst, so I should really check out the rest

Who greenlit Mirror's Edge 2, I want them fired

Nintendo seemed to do well today but I know they pretty much exhausted their whole development process for the next 10 months and the games will still be few and far between

X looks neat, looking forward to more info on that

Super Smash Bros and Super Cat Mario Land promise to be great fun

inFamous game looks good, need to check out the previous installments when I get a PS4

Ryse...eh, I dunno, I'm not typically a fan of medieval warfare. We'll see

I don't have much of an opinion on the rest right now. Spectacular E3 showing from all companies involved this year
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited June 2013
    HeyRiles;5021344 said:
    ...I need to play Kingdom Hearts...

Super Smash Bros... promise[es] to be great fun...

This is all you need to know.
    edited June 2013
    BallisticJunkfood;5021347 said:
    This is all you need to know.

r u 12
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited June 2013
    HeyRiles;5021349 said:
    r u 12

I might as well be.

Though, admittedly, Destiny, infamous SS, Sunset Overdrive, and FFXV all look pretty cool.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    HeyRiles;5021344 said:
    Who greenlit Mirror's Edge 2, I want them fired

Ugh... Resist... urge... to.... kill....

Seriously, I loved the first, and cannot wait for this.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited June 2013
    I couldn't get into Mirror's edge either. I liked the look and style of the game, and I can see why there was a following, but it never grabbed me. Happy that the fans will get more, but I probably won't be grabbing it.

Smash Brothers looks good so far (Mega Man?!). Never got heavy into SSB:Brawl, but maybe this one will as good if not better.
  • edited June 2013
    Lawdog1521;5021281 said:
    Unrelated, the multi-player footage for BF4 was awesome. Knocking down that skyscraper won me over.

We'll have to squad up when BF4 drops :D

Man, being a big fan of PS, I have to admitt I was laughing and clapping along with how well their conference went, lol.

Sucks that online play now requires Plus membership though -_-
    HeyRiles;5021344 said:
    Sad that FFvsXIII has been totally reworked, but it'll be fine. They might've been a bit too hung up on that universe anyway
    Has it been reworked? It the gameplay and story seem the same as it's always been. As far as I can tell they simply changed the name?
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    I'm interested in the comments Bandfuse said "with our friends at Harmonix".

The game plays with Stems, has the same vocal track representation, and has various gfx things copied directly from RB.

I know they said they "sold the images to Bandfuse" but it appears they sold a lot more.
  • edited June 2013
    Mad Max looks like it might be promising

Battlefield 4, hell yeah.

That show is way over stimulating
  • GRRRUMBLEGRRRUMBLE Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    The bandfuse team at e3 2013 has given lots of credit to harmonix for getting to where they are in development. They have rythm guitar. I don't think that I could use my 102 button mustang controller with this game. I don't think that my dlc is cross compatible to use within their product. Playing guitar with the rock band 3 highway scrolling the charts top to bottom works just how I like playing, bandfuse does not.
    I still might buy it for something to mess around with , got 5 guitars getting dusty due to rock band 3 being such a great game.
    Enough of this , time to play a few songs in rock band 3 before I get going to austin.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2013
    sa_nick;5021467 said:
    We'll have to squad up when BF4 drops :D

Man, being a big fan of PS, I have to admitt I was laughing and clapping along with how well their conference went, lol.

Sucks that online play now requires Plus membership though -_-

Has it been reworked? It the gameplay and story seem the same as it's always been. As far as I can tell they simply changed the name?

Can you really say you're shocked? We all should of known that when Plus was first announced it was going to be permanent come PS4, which it is. They're only doing this because Xbox live got people used to the idea of paying for a subscription online, although Plus truly goes beyond that.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited June 2013
    Am i understanding the announcement correctly? l won't need to buy Plus membership to continue playing RB3 on my PS3 online, once the PS4 is available, right? (i.e. that requirement is just applicable to the PS4)?

If not, starting when will I have to subscribe?

I'd also assume for the same reason that PS3 players who own the same game as PS4 players won't be able to play together online...although I'm not sure why not.
    edited June 2013
    Ps3 is free, PS4 is not. So if somebody wants to play RB3 on PS4, they pay.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited June 2013
    ClaptonsWig;5021645 said:

I'm cool with that... Thanks for the confirmation.
    edited June 2013
    ClaptonsWig;5021645 said:

PS4 isn't backwards compatible so you couldn't play RB3 anyway
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited June 2013
    Bandfuse is shaping up nicely. It's cool they're putting in trainers for vocals too. With Bandfuse and RS, it looks like we'll be getting our music game fix. (Although drummers and Keyboardist are still screwed.)
    edited June 2013
    HeyRiles;5021658 said:
    PS4 isn't backwards compatible so you couldn't play RB3 anyway

Shhh, he believed it.
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    All about those first-party WiiU titles for me - Smash Bros., Super Mario World (Cat Edition) and Mario Kart 8.

Might get Bayonetta 2 as well. And the new Batman title out in October is on the must-buy list.
    edited June 2013
    Electronic Arts really don't want to win the most-hated award again.
  • edited June 2013
    Lawdog1521;5021659 said:
    Bandfuse is shaping up nicely. It's cool they're putting in trainers for vocals too. With Bandfuse and RS, it looks like we'll be getting our music game fix. (Although drummers and Keyboardist are still screwed.)
    No drums, no deal.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited June 2013
    Doc_SoCal;5021742 said:
    No drums, no deal.

With the new RS, we really don't need a drummer. :p
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    Lawdog1521;5021659 said:

if they add drums I'd buy.
    edited June 2013
    Lawdog1521;5021746 said:
    With the new RS, we really don't need a drummer. :p

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/186710_o.gif
    edited June 2013
    Multi-Platform:
    - Assassins Creed 4
    - Batman Arkham Origins
    - Battlefield 4
    - Ducktales
    - Kingdom Hearts 3
    - Lego Marvel Superheroes
    - NHL 14
    - Rayman
    - South Park

Nintendo:
    - Bayonetta 2
    - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
    - Game & Wario
    - Mario Kart 8
    - Pikmin 3
    - Pokemon X/Y
    - Super Mario 3D World
    - Super Smash Bros
    - Legend Of Zelda

Sony:
    - Puppeteer
    - The Last of Us
    - The Order

Microsoft:
    - Fantasia
    - Ryse: Son of Rome

Overall, I'd say although Nintendo still churns out the butter for their franchises, I'll still probably get them. For the Multi Platform games, they'll be going towards either Xbox 360/PS4, as these will likely become my main line of gaming for at least the next couple years. I still have more videos to watch/look up, but my run down towards what I'll likely get.