January DLC: weeks of 1/22 and 1/29

Comments

• RockefellowRockefellow Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I have to agree with the Oasis hate in here. I don't mind them, but I don't care for them at all. To each his own, though-- Glad some people are getting something they love, and hopefully that'll happen to us Classic Rock fans(Rush helps a bit :))!
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    Thanks for backing up those reports. It makes more sense that the 29th wont be a pack. I'm looking forward to some Smashing Pumpkins and Oasis over the next two weeks!
  • FearTheStache21FearTheStache21 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    These songs are great but we need some anthrax or megadeth
  • ProggedProgged Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Rush is not only prog, but one of the founding fathers of the genre.

Excellent choice HMX! I was beginning to wonder if Moving Pictures was the only album you guys had :D
  • voodoochildvoodoochild Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Sweet! I'm very stoked about these upcoming DLC's and more Rush and Pumpkins!!!!! I'm not a big Oasis fan, but I do remember when they ruled the airwaves in the mid-90's so I'm quite familiar with their tunes -- I'll probably download their pack is what I'm saying! Keep the tunes coming, HMX! You're doing a great job!

On a bummer note, I had no idea this game would be costing me more like $250 ($170 for game pack, it'll be over $80 in DLC's at the rate I'm going by February)!!!! Oh well! It's some of the best entertainment I've ever had in a game so keep 'em comin'!
  • edited January 2008
    thanks for Oasis now work on getting some tool

More Weezer and Radiohead too
  • JibbygogJibbygog Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Ahh, Oasis. Not a huge fan, but I'll grab Wonderwall at least for sure. Gotta love those big group sing-a-longs.

Also, yay Rush! I'll snag that too.
    Pumpkins...meh. Probably not.
    Coheed..hell yeah! Favorite band. :D

But..about the Coheed..why is it a cover? Doesn't make much sense, but not a big deal.
    Also..why Ten Speed? Their new album is EASILY much more suited for Rock Band. But, I'll shut up and take what I get. :)
  • alpine69alpine69 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    This game is called Rockband...how about some real 'rockband' dlc's soon. Big hair, 80's arena rock...Crue, GNR, Poison, VH???
  • edited January 2008
    yeah now Zero and Bullet with Buttfly wings please?
  • jpb1977jpb1977 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Other than a U2 pack, there is nothing more in the world that I want more than that Oasis pack! Unbelievable!!! If anything, it is too bad a wide range of their material wasn't included - 3 or 4 different drummers with some unique styles. Ringo's kid is playing with them now...

jpb
  • mn232mn232 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    you've got to add

some

-guns n roses
    -scorpions
    -acdc
    -pink floyd
    many more also
    never mind this punk rock, add some classic rock, rock from the 70's and 80's

this would be awesome
  • LaredenLareden Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    alpine69;262364 said:
    This game is called Rockband...how about some real 'rockband' dlc's soon. Big hair, 80's arena rock...Crue, GNR, Poison, VH???
    Exactly, the game is called Rock Band, not Hair Band. ;)

I'm kidding, to each his own. But man I hate hair bands and such. A lot of 80's music just felt... soul-less to me. When GH released that 80's expansion I was like "awesome! Sex Pistols, Violent Femmes, REM, the Clash, U2, Dead Milkmen, Primus, Ramones, Killer Pussy, etc. maybe some other so-so stuff like Pat Benetar, Midnight Oil, etc."

Then I saw the song list and a single tear ran down my cheek as an audible "crrrraACk!" was heard by all... the sound of my heart breaking. It was like Red Octane was playing some kind of sick prank on us. I was all set to buy GH just for that expansion because there was a lot of great stuff that I remember listening to in the 80's, but it seems like everyone else forgot. For some reason everyone thinks of Flock of Seagulls and Van Halen when 80's music comes up.
  • xbadx1233xbadx1233 Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    OK, I just chacked Wikipedia, a few things I am minorly concerned about...

1. What happened to the 18 songs by The Grateful Dead?? Are these still being released?

2. I chacked about a week or two ago to see that One was going to be a cover, then I checked later to find it removed altogether.

I would really appreciate some kind of confirmation (especially about the Dead) that tells me that these songs are still going to be up for DLC.

Thanks.
  • PennStGuyPennStGuy Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Should be real interesting to see how the Ten Speed cover sounds. Haven't had any desire to download any of the songs released before this, but I'll definitely be getting the Progressive Pack. Working Man is one of my favorite Rush songs.
  • wampdawgwampdawg Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    I lost my chubby when I saw we were getting 3 Oasis songs....guess I'll finally get the Bowie pack or the Punk pack next week. There will be NO OASIS ON MY 360! Just don't like them, but to each his own. I will get the Pumpkins/Rush/Coheed songs though.
  • padreswinpadreswin Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    My buy-it-all DLC streak will be broken by the Coheed cover. Gonna pass on that one.

But Harmonix, thank you very much for Oasis. Well done!
  • HorrifiedHorrified Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Covers aren't really that big of a deal, I mean, you're still getting the exact same gameplay you'd get with or without a cover. I'm going to continue grabbing everything.

Also, two Rush songs in a month, wow. Didn't really expect that.
  • PeytahPeytah Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    who the heck are Oasis?
  • SonofmoghSonofmogh Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    I'm sorry, did you say "Working Man" in two weeks??? ...for the first time in my life, I feel...loved. :o Thank You Harmonix! Thank You! I want to give you all a big collective hug. Thanks for more Rush, keep it coming!! I love you!! (crying tears of joy) ...I love you all!!!
  • MegaFingersMegaFingers Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I guess I'll be passing on next weeks Oasis downloads. First set of DLC that has zero appeal to me. Guess there was a need for more songs in the Emo category.

I'm glad there's enough content/songs in game to wait until Working Man is released.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited January 2008
    Wow Harmonix, you guys are a bunch of Rush whores. (No complaints here)

Glad to see some Oasis as well. I think Wonderwall is a marvelous song

Mega: Since when has Oasis been Emo? They are classified as rock by many, many services and channels.
  • TomPiltoffTomPiltoff Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    MegaFingers;262658 said:
    I guess I'll be passing on next weeks Oasis downloads. First set of DLC that has zero appeal to me. Guess there was a need for more songs in the Emo category.

I'm glad there's enough content/songs in game to wait until Working Man is released.
    Wait, are you calling Oasis emo?
  • AceFrehleyAceFrehley Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    alpine69;262364 said:
    Once again, I agree 100% with this! Clearly the only reason that we are seeing so many newer bands songs in this game is because they aren't charging a fortune for their songs and are probably begging Harmonix to put them in Rock Band. However, the last time I checked MTV and EA have a boatload of money and should give the bigger name bands (Boston, KISS, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Motley Crue, GNR, etc.) the money they want for their songs since those are the real rock classics that belong in Rock Band. I might get the Rush track depending on how the singer sounds. On "Limelight" the singer sounds awful, even my wife, who is a HUGE Rush fan, was very disappointed. Otherwise, I guess I will just wait and see what kind of DLC will be available in February.
  • ogmccartogmccart Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    that is awesome i will definitely get the oasis pack and working man is one of my favorite rush songs, thanks
  • dfjdejuliodfjdejulio Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    undertow;261756 said:
    However, with the announcements going out on Friday it would give people a chance to listen to and prepare for the songs over the weekend, whereas on Monday they get less than 24 hours and if they're working or what not, it's not alot of time to prepare and build anticipation.
    Forget "build anticipation"!

If I find out what the songs are on Monday, and I want some, I have no choice but to pick up a MS point card on my way home Monday night, which is not always convenient. If I find out what the songs are sooner than that, I can go out and buy a card over the weekend instead.

The less time there is between when a song is announced and when it's released, the less chance there is that I will be able to buy it when it comes out, regardless of whether or not I want to.

(Kids are not the only ones with an allowance. Husbands have them too.)
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited January 2008
    I truly hope yours pleas for a Friday update of the DLC to come fail.

After a long day of work on Monday, I don't have many exciting things to look forward to (I'm not married). The continued Monday updates would be lovely, being that (*Gasp*) no one is making you buy the DLC the day it comes out! It's not like it's a limited time offer...
  • aj2k23aj2k23 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I am confused as to why Coheed will be a cover since the one on the game is by them. Any reason as to why that is?
  • darthpatdarthpat Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    The DLC has all been pretty good so far. Still, either Rock Band or Guitar Hero HAS to do at least one AC/DC song.
  • EZWinner420EZWinner420 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I am so glad because about 4 months ago i started really listening to oasis and i d/l'ed all their cd's and i was thinking i would really like to have wonderwall on rock band and here it is!! Also to the poster who thought oasis is emo, c'mon, i mean seriously.
  • NitaraNitara Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    I am happy with the selections, this week. Not jumping for joy mind you but still overall pleased with these selections.

Not a huge Oasis fan, but Wonderwall certainly will make my list. Thats about the only song I like from them LOL so good choice.

As for the following week. Working Man FTW.. Certainly looking forward to that one. The Pumkins song.. Meh.. They have better songs than that which has been my gripe on Harmonix. The song selection from even good bands is sub par.

C&C is not my cup of tea.. Happy for those that do like them.

I hope February brings us some really good selections from more popular "Rock" bands.

Cheers to those that got what they wanted.:)
This discussion has been closed.