January DLC: weeks of 1/22 and 1/29

Comments

• Mets1931Mets1931 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Quastor;261854 said:
    WHAT? No Bob Seger? Laaaaaame...
    Rock and Roll Never Forgets would be great for this game.
  • schmittyschmitty Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    bmore007;261835 said:
    To the guy complaining about not enough energy, watch these links and say there's no energy in these songs.

Don't Look Back in Anger Live
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iul4SBlHIf8

Live Forever Live
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w6QxYplTBs

Wonderwall Live
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmybmVNjfbI
    Not to completely change the subject but there was no energy in any of those songs. It was just a bunch of people standing and playing there instruments. No energy at all.

Its good to see that you aren't publicly mad about the leaked DLC HMX or trying to deny it or something.
  • JetWolfJetWolf Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    bmore007;261835 said:
    To the guy complaining about not enough energy, watch these links and say there's no energy in these songs.
    While you may or may not be correct (and I don't like these songs anywhere near enough to follow your links to listen to them again), you've offered live versions. Even if those versions you linked are absolutely bursting to the seams with energy, those are not the versions being offered in Rock Band.

As to the announcement, I already said my piece in another thread. I'll simply reiterate the positive parts: Good job on the continuing diversity, HMX. I'm very much looking forward to February.
  • bmore007bmore007 Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    schmitty;261868 said:
    Not to completely change the subject but there was no energy in any of those songs. It was just a bunch of people standing and playing there instruments. No energy at all.

Its good to see that you aren't publicly mad about the leaked DLC HMX or trying to deny it or something.
    Energy isn't only defined as jumping around on stage like an ass. It's in the crowd and great performance of the song.
  • 72tomahawk7272tomahawk72 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Stevenam81;261826 said:
    I knew "Progressive Pack" just didn't sound right. I was thinking...How is Rush progressive rock? lol. Actually, I don't know that any of those 3 can be considered progressive. I'm happy with these tracks.
    Rush is definitely prog. Go to the prog boards and they're there.

Some think Coheed is and others don't.

Smashing Pumpkins is certainly not.

I'm assuming the Coheed song is a cover because the drums must be mixed down on this track....or something.
  • trident5trident5 Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    My brother will LOVE 'Wonderwall' with a capitol LOVE.

I'll give you his thanks before he even plays it.
  • schmittyschmitty Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    bmore007;261835 said:

[QUOTE=bmore007;261885]Energy isn't only defined as jumping around on stage like an ass. It's in the crowd and great performance of the song.
    No thats excitement of fans and great performance of the song. Which were both shown in the links.
  • sushi111sushi111 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Live Forever for the massive win
  • TralfamadorTralfamador Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Oasis! Nice choices for the DLC.
    I"m not a fan of Smashing Pumpkins, but I'll be buying the 5 other songs.
    And I'm sure a lot of people are happy about Smashing Pumpkins too.
    Hooray January!
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    Hmm, I'll go ahead and ask something that won't get answered.

Since it's obvious you guys already have some sort of a DLC release plan going into 2+ weeks into the future, why did you decide to only post one week at a time? Everyone is usually dying to find out what the songs are so why make them wait until Monday to reveal only the songs for the next day?

I think it would be nifty if you guys could post the DLC for next week also. So on Mondays you always post a reminder of that week's content and then the following week's content. Or a hint about it or something, not directly revealing it. You could turn it into a sort of guessing game which would seriously hype us up more than a silent wait until the next Monday. There would be tons of people guessing.

I think the hint thing is a cool idea and probably so would other members. ;)
  • blink182fanblink182fan Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Why is Coheed and Cambria a cover?! I hope it still sounds as good as the regular version of the song
  • Rocker540Rocker540 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
  • supersonic1414supersonic1414 Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    schmitty;261868 said:

I fully disagree. Having seen Oasis in live 5 times, I tell you there is tons of energy on that stage. Just watching one of the greatest song writers in our generation play guitar is amazing......But we can agree to disagree
  • JetWolfJetWolf Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    snwns26;261997 said:
    Since it's obvious you guys already have some sort of a DLC release plan going into 2+ weeks into the future, why did you decide to only post one week at a time? Everyone is usually dying to find out what the songs are so why make them wait until Monday to reveal only the songs for the next day?
    Obviously this is only my own opinion, but I quite like the posting schedule they've set thus far. This advance release just confirms it for me.

Since I'm not going to be getting anything for the next two weeks, I'm obviously less excited about DLC. Up to this point, it's been a weekly thrill. What's announcing today? What can I look forward to getting tomorrow? What's coming next week?

Now we have two weeks advance notice, I feel my Rock Band balloon has deflated a bit for the first time since before the game was even released. I've always had something to look forward to -- game tidbits, the game itself, the weekly DLC. What I have to look forward to now is ... February.

Excitement and interest, those things are easier to maintain than regain.

Those who are excited, even if they hit a week where they don't like the offerings, can maintain because they have the mystery of the next week to keep them going. But if you lose interest, particularly for an extended period of time (say, half a month in this instance) you almost have to start all over again on the excitement train and then work to regain your speed. Newton's Third Law of Fanboys and Girls perhaps.

So, for me personally, I would rather keep to the weekly announcements, even if those announcements aren't for anything I'm particularly keen on.
  • LiveForeverLiveForever Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I was just hoping for 1 Oasis song. But when the Oasis pack is released next week, Rock Band will officially be the best game ever!!!! Much thanks, Harmonix!!!!!:D
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    LiveForever;262070 said:
    I was just hoping for 1 Oasis song. But when the Oasis pack is released next week, Rock Band will officially be the best game ever!!!! Much thanks, Harmonix!!!!!:D
    Which song was that? Kinda silly to post and not even tell us!
  • foolosophyfoolosophy Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    Wonderwall is up there in terms of mass-party sing-a-long songs like Creep. I can completely envision a whole room of people singing the song from start to finish. I remember having dinner at Planet Hollywood in New York when this song came up and our whole school tour group sang the song word for word. I was surprised, and it was a real highlight of our visit to NYC.

PS: We need one more Oasis song Harmonix: Supersonic
  • LiveForeverLiveForever Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Quastor;262115 said:
    Which song was that? Kinda silly to post and not even tell us!
    I'm a huge Oasis fan and any 1 song would have made me happy. I'm ecstatic with 3!
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    I am a HUGE Oasis fan. Needless to say im floored. Not 1 but 3 .. I thought it was a misprint when i read the leak last night. Should be a fun week.

Now we just need a Pearl Jam 3...scratch that 8 pack since they have a ton of songs that would be killer for RB not to mention they are my favorite band.
  • dethklokdethklok Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    Again no SOAD... :(

There's always next week I'll say :) Although this is for the next two weeks I guess I gotta say there's alwas next month :D

Not really excited about these choices...

Sorry people, not a big Rush, Oasis, C&C fan. I like the Pumpkins though :D
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    I knew it was true. Not a doubt in my mind. :cool:

Now, the waiting game...
  • TheBatman9111TheBatman9111 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Scottish band, CHECK

Irish band, not yet.

Thanks for keeping the fans happy as much as possible.
  • LaredenLareden Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Here's my reaction:

"Oasis Pack"
    Ughhhh.... *shudder*

“Siva”
    Yes!

“Working Man”
    YES!

“Ten Speed (Of God’s Blood and Burial)”
    noooooo

Here's to hoping that we see more of the greater-than-3-songs-a-week Thursdays! *cheers* Keep it up, HMX! (and where's those OXM songs for us PS3 fools?)
  • AirconAircon Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Yay, Oasis! Oh wait, they're horrible. When can we get something good, I don't know like the Nevermind album? Also, I'd like to download this week's DLC (1/15/08) before next week's comes out if that's at all possible. PlayStation Network for the loss.
  • cranksthadillacranksthadilla Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    can someone please tell me when Nevermind is coming out? I love all the DLC's that have been coming out but anxiously waiting....
  • RockefellowRockefellow Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I have to agree with the Oasis hate in here. I don't mind them, but I don't care for them at all. To each his own, though-- Glad some people are getting something they love, and hopefully that'll happen to us Classic Rock fans(Rush helps a bit :))!
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    Thanks for backing up those reports. It makes more sense that the 29th wont be a pack. I'm looking forward to some Smashing Pumpkins and Oasis over the next two weeks!
  • FearTheStache21FearTheStache21 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    These songs are great but we need some anthrax or megadeth
  • ProggedProgged Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Rush is not only prog, but one of the founding fathers of the genre.

Excellent choice HMX! I was beginning to wonder if Moving Pictures was the only album you guys had :D
  • voodoochildvoodoochild Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Sweet! I'm very stoked about these upcoming DLC's and more Rush and Pumpkins!!!!! I'm not a big Oasis fan, but I do remember when they ruled the airwaves in the mid-90's so I'm quite familiar with their tunes -- I'll probably download their pack is what I'm saying! Keep the tunes coming, HMX! You're doing a great job!

On a bummer note, I had no idea this game would be costing me more like $250 ($170 for game pack, it'll be over $80 in DLC's at the rate I'm going by February)!!!! Oh well! It's some of the best entertainment I've ever had in a game so keep 'em comin'!
This discussion has been closed.