Spend My Money!

MarkerooMarkeroo Unsigned
edited June 2013 in Rock Band
I'm not usually indecisive (or am I?), but I have narrowed it down to five options for my next DLC purchase, and just for fun I thought I'd let the community decide which one I get.

Vote in the poll for which song you think I should get, and post your rationale here. Please keep in mind that I'm primarily a pro keys player (like the avatar wasn't a dead giveaway), so any feedback in that regard is especially helpful.

Winning song joins my oh-so-modest collection.

Comments

• intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    Paul McCartney - Maybe I'm Amazed

Has my vote because it's a great song, awesome & Simple to play on prokeys.
    Fun to sing.

Meat Loaf - Paradise By The Dashboard Light

Would had been first, but..

Nevermind.. get both!!! :D
  • edited June 2013
    Damn. They are all so great on keys (except maybe You're My Best Friend)

Are you looking for a challenge or something simpler?
  • HairlooksgreatHairlooksgreat Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    Paradise by the Dashboard Light AINEC. It's one of those songs that will leave you wondering why it hasn't been in your library from day one.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2013
    Paradise has 9 minutes of hard rocking on the keys, and well worth $2. The test are great, but don't live up the the length, challenge and variety that Paradise has.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited June 2013
    Everybody's working for the weekend. EVERYBODY.
  • WIIBARONWIIBARON Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    Go to YouTube and look all of them up. Then select the one that rocks your world the most...
  • GrandPappySMAPGrandPappySMAP Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    In terms of fun

Paradise by the Dashboard Light > You're My Best Friend > We Built this City > Maybe I'm Amazed > Working for the Weekend
    edited June 2013
    GrandPappySMAP;5021950 said:
    In terms of fun

Paradise by the Dashboard Light > You're My Best Friend > We Built this City > Maybe I'm Amazed > Working for the Weekend

Paradise > Maybe > Weekend > City > Best Friend
  • Skynyrd45Skynyrd45 Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    Toss up between Maybe Im Amazed, and Paradise. I picked Maybe Im Amazed, because Paradise is just so damn long and tiring, both great songs though.
  • MarkerooMarkeroo Unsigned
    edited June 2013
    MagicMurderBag7;5021930 said:
    Are you looking for a challenge or something simpler?

Great... something else for me to be indecisive about. ;)
    TBH, I've got plenty of challenges right now, so I guess I come down on the fun side. But simple =/= fun necessarily. So which one is the most fun?
  • edited June 2013
    The one with the best simple to fun ratio is Working for the Weekend.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    How is Working for the Weekend so low?! Paradise by the Dashboard Light is too difficult to be fun.
  • ShadowzIShadowzI Unsigned
    edited June 2013
    Paradise and Amazed are both amazing songs... but the mood is completely different.
    Paradise is that 80's diner blitz dance feel while amaze is like the sun rising through a soft storm.

I'm more for Amaze but it depends on your prominent mood.
    edited June 2013
    tdc002;5022023 said:
    How is Working for the Weekend so low?! Paradise by the Dashboard Light is too difficult to be fun.

Not if you're a pianist, its really just simple patterns. Billy Joel on the other hand may lead to serious hurting.
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for all the votes and feedback, folks!
    It looks like Paradise is the clear winner, so into the store for it I go! However, Working for the Weekend got the fun vote, so it will be next up. (Even though it tied in actual votes with two other songs... hmm, I'm feeling indecisive again.)
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited June 2013
    the only one of these songs I don't have is "Maybe I'm Amazed"

I do recommend getting them all when you can
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2013
    Get them all. All are great songs!
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    Paradise by the Dashboard Light, because you're a keyboardist and still don't have it. Defenetly a must have for keys.
    edited June 2013
    ClaptonsWig;5022068 said:
    Not if you're a pianist, its really just simple patterns. Billy Joel on the other hand may lead to serious hurting.

I love playing Billy Joel songs.. gives your fingers a great work out. :D
    edited June 2013
    Well, it seems that this thread succeeded in spending more of my money than I had originally intended. Every song got some love (and votes) in this thread - and, let's face it, they were on the list because I liked them in the first place - so I caved and bought them all. :D

Working for the Weekend - awesome song, lots of fun as promised.
    Paradise by the Dashboard Light - great song, sore hand by the time it's done though! Gonna need a bunch more playthroughs to get the hang of it.
    We Built This City - another great song, but what's with those lyrics Bernie Taupin?
    Maybe I'm Amazed - LOVED playing this song, had my kids making fun of me for belting out the lyrics all night...
    You're My Best Friend - pleasant surprise of the night, I got chills playing it, possibly because the song is so focused around that suitcase Rhodes...

Thanks to everyone for giving me a bunch of excuses to add these!
    edited June 2013
    Markeroo;5022970 said:

Maybe I'm Amazed - LOVED playing this song, had my kids making fun of me for belting out the lyrics all night...

Thanks to everyone for giving me a bunch of excuses to add these!
    I knew you would love it.. freaking awesome to sing and play... :)