I want more DLC

KPone8KPone8 Unsigned
When will new songs be made available for download?

Comments

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited June 2013
    Not anytime soon. You'll have to be content with the two- to four- thousand-odd songs currently available.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited June 2013
    Actually a new song came out this week.

Unless you're not on the XBox.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2013
    KPone8;5021988 said:
    When will new songs be made available for download?

When you get enough people to buy so much DLC that HMX decides to return to releasing DLC. Even if you did this today, you would have to wait 6~8 months
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited June 2013
    ClaptonsWig;5022000 said:
    When you get enough people to buy so much DLC that HMX decides to return to releasing DLC. Even if you did this today, you would have to wait 6~8 months

It'd have to be a pretty large volume of DLC regularly as well. Sadly, probably not likely.

My guess would be if they needed to, they could get it though in 2-3 months. The 6 month window is more for general advanced planning.
  • daxx1970daxx1970 110% Awesome
    edited June 2013
    I think the longer HMX waits to bring back DLC, the greater the ever-expanding storm of pent-up; "I hate this band/ song", "Worst crap ever recorded", "This is old folks music", "This is new garbage, we need classic rock", "Why did they pick that song when this song is obviously better?", "Skid Row is awesome, you guys are total tools for not figuring out a way to get them in the game even though the masters were lost and it is virtually impossible but why don't you at least try you lazy bunch of sumbastages!!!"... I must admit that last one has a lot of merit to it though.

HMX you have been warned. I would not push this envelope too far. Out there, somewhere, is a person or persons waiting to unleash a string of criticism growing so powerful it may indeed break the very Internet we all hold so dear.
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    daxx1970;5022301 said:
    I think the longer HMX waits to bring back DLC, the greater the ever-expanding storm of pent-up; "I hate this band/ song", "Worst crap ever recorded", "This is old folks music", "This is new garbage, we need classic rock", "Why did they pick that song when this song is obviously better?", "Skid Row is awesome, you guys are total tools for not figuring out a way to get them in the game even though the masters were lost and it is virtually impossible but why don't you at least try you lazy bunch of sumbastages!!!"... I must admit that last one has a lot of merit to it though.

HMX you have been warned. I would not push this envelope too far. Out there, somewhere, is a person or persons waiting to unleash a string of criticism growing so powerful it may indeed break the very Internet we all hold so dear.

Let's not forget... When's Muse coming?.. more Muse tracks! Why is it so hard to get more?
    Last week's ELO 10 pack was ok, But enough already, give us Muse!!
    LMAO :)
  • edited June 2013
    daxx1970;5022301 said:

If we refrained from doing things out of fear of criticism then we'd never do anything at all. :)

As for the question in the OP, the short answer is "we stopped weekly DLC on 4/2 and don't have anything else on the schedule right now because we're focusing on developing new games". The longer answer is "Rock Band Network is still releasing songs on a quasi weekly basis for the Xbox 360, depending on what's submitted, tested, and approved in a given week, so keep posted for new releases via the RBN"!
This discussion has been closed.