Future Projects Concern

BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
edited August 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
From Harmonix website:

Harmonix has several ambitious new titles in development spanning multiple genres and platforms, including console, PC, and mobile. Each of these projects will break new ground in either music gameplay, motion gameplay, or both. Stay tuned!

...should I be worried? We all know that Fantasm: Music Devloved is an xbox360/1 exclusive and (supposedly) they are working on 2 other projects. That leaves one for PC and one for mobile... Nothing left for PS3/4?

Kinda sad right now.

Comments

• RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited June 2013
    I think you might be worried for nothing.

Just because Fantasia is exclusive doesn't mean one of the other titles will be as well.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2013
    RockBandRocker;5022064 said:
    I think you might be worried for nothing.

Just because Fantasia is exclusive doesn't mean one of the other titles will be as well.

Very much so, who said they can't do PC/Xbox/PS?
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited June 2013
    ClaptonsWig;5022066 said:

Well, it's been a while. Keep in mind now that we've seen three consecutive Microsoft-exclusive retail release announcements from Harmonix, and their last Sony exclusive (Rock Band Unplugged) pretty much bombed.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2013
    killer_roach;5022099 said:
    Well, it's been a while. Keep in mind now that we've seen three consecutive Microsoft-exclusive retail release announcements from Harmonix, and their last Sony exclusive (Rock Band Unplugged) pretty much bombed.

Who says it has to be Sony exclusive? Also that bombed because it was a PSP game and PSP's piracy problem meant many things "bombed". Also they have never made a PC game and has been awhile for a mobile game. One of the games is almost certainly going to be on PS4(maybe also PS3 depending on release date and what not). Harmonix has even worked on/released multi-platform games after working with MS with Dance Central and Fantasia.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited June 2013
    www1221;5022100 said:
    Also they have never made a PC game

Their very first game was for PC.
    edited June 2013
    Magnet;5022101 said:

The Axe doesnt count!
  • WittikissWittikiss Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    Magnet;5022101 said:

So they're going back to their roots... Actually that's not a good idea when they're first games nearly bankrupted them.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited June 2013
    ClaptonsWig;5022066 said:

If my literal interpretation of the website quote is correct, a shared PC/console game would have to be in the works. Which is great news for those that dislike motion gaming.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2013
    BachiG;5022175 said:
    If my literal interpretation of the website quote is correct, a shared PC/console game would have to be in the works. Which is great news for those that dislike motion gaming.

but you can't bounce back balls without motion capture!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited June 2013
    BachiG;5022175 said:

Not necessarily as Kinect for PC exists of which the XBone sensor is coming to PC next year.
    edited June 2013
    grumblevolcano;5022182 said:
    Not necessarily as Kinect for PC exists of which the XBone sensor is coming to PC next year.

Awww crap. Did not know this.
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited June 2013
    BachiG;5022062 said:
    From Harmonix website:

Harmonix has several ambitious new titles in development spanning multiple genres and platforms, including console, PC, and mobile. Each of these projects will break new ground in either music gameplay, motion gameplay, or both. Stay tuned!

...should I be worried? We all know that Fantasm: Music Devloved is an xbox360/1 exclusive and (supposedly) they are working on 2 other projects. That leaves one for PC and one for mobile... Nothing left for PS3/4?

Kinda sad right now.

I don't think you can assume their other two projects are one exclusively for PC and one exclusively for mobile devices. It's possible to develop titles that can be played on consoles, PCs and mobile devices.

We'll just have to wait and see.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited June 2013
    On the stream last night they actually mentioned that Fantasia is in fact NOT console exclusive. So it's by choice that they are just focusing on XBox 360/XBox One for now
    edited June 2013
    Did they by chance elaborate? ...Is it not "console" exclusive in their eyes because it's made for BOTH the 360 console and the 1 console... Or did they at least imply it's their plan to release a PS3/4 and/or Wii/U version in the near future?
  • drum-machinedrum-machine Unsigned
    edited June 2013
    toymachineSH;5022507 said:
    On the stream last night they actually mentioned that Fantasia is in fact NOT console exclusive. So it's by choice that they are just focusing on XBox 360/XBox One for now
    Will there be PC version? There's Pc Kinect already...
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited June 2013
    When Sony did their reveal event, they showed a video of developers giving praise to the PS4's design and its attractiveness to designers. Alex Rigopoulis was one of the people shown in the video.

My conclusion is that HMX will have something for it at some point.
    edited June 2013
    But they once put a list of supporting ps4 developers (or studios, which are developing for ps4 now??) and Harmonix wasn't on it.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited June 2013
    drum-machine;5022555 said:
    But they once put a list of supporting ps4 developers (or studios, which are developing for ps4 now??) and Harmonix wasn't on it.

So what? That doesn't mean Harmonix couldn't jump on board afterward.
    edited June 2013
    Numskull;5022561 said:
    So what? That doesn't mean Harmonix couldn't jump on board afterward.
    Yep, I agree and I have no doubt that Harmonix will support Sony's console in the future. But that could mean that none of their 3 projects were developed for PS4 in that moment, when they were working on these for more like a year for sure, which is a lot of time in game production.
    edited June 2013
    Those lists are almost never fully accurate. Some games/devs will never be in the PS4 some games not on the list will be.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2013
    After what a disaster Rock Band 3 on the PS3 was and is, why do you want further HMX games on Sony consoles? And why would they make them?
    edited August 2013
    Whoah... S4 is back??? If so, welcome back, it's been too long, and on top of that, I don't think you were too happy with me when you disappeared... I'm not even sure you'll see this, since I think I am, or at least was, on your ignore list.

Anyway, too answer the question, I don't think it was a disaster on the PS3... Sure, it had some issues, some fairly major, and some that will never be "fixed"... But overall, it's the best thing that ever happened to my PS3.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited August 2013
    SheSaidSheSaid;5031327 said:
    After what a disaster Rock Band 3 on the PS3 was and is, why do you want further HMX games on Sony consoles? And why would they make them?

You make it sound like it was worse than RB1 or RB2 were on the same platform, which it wasn't. RB1 in particular was downright screwy.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited August 2013
    I just want to know what is being worked on!
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited August 2013
    killer_roach;5031338 said:
    You make it sound like it was worse than RB1 or RB2 were on the same platform, which it wasn't. RB1 in particular was downright screwy.

I don't recall RB1 being screwy. Perhaps that was due to the relatively small DLC library I had while playing it.

In terms of smooth performance on the PlayStation 3, there is no question that RB2 was better than RB3.