RB3 Showing only 383/404 Songs

ObsydeonObsydeon Unsigned
edited August 2013 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
Hello,

My RB3 is only showing 383 of 404 songs in "Play Now."

I am *not* hiding one lighter-rated songs. All filters (except recommended) on "Show" or "All".

I have already wiped all 3 Rockbands completely from the Xbox HD, and re-downloaded ALL my DLC, including the RB1 and RB2 imports.

If I delete my save data (Just game save, not song cache or Cal settings), I get all 404 songs. Soon as I put the save data back, I'm back to 383.

Everything is on the HD. No cloud storage. I use a memory stick for my profile (I have 2x 360s), but there is no RB data on the mem stick.

Missing songs are spread across everything. RB3, RB2, RB1, DLC. Almost all genres. The only thing I have all of is my 5x RBN songs. I can give exact numbers by filter if it'll help.

Any ideas how I get all my music back and keep my band? Like I said, if I wipe the save data, I get all the songs back, but then I lose my band and all the associated progress. =(

Help appreciated.

Comments

• intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    What instrument are you playing?.. see if switching to say..
    Guitar to drum or Mic, shows anything different. :)
  • ObsydeonObsydeon Unsigned
    edited July 2013
    I've been checking just using the controller (mic). When I initially diagnosed this before I re-downloaded all the DLC, I tried it with drums and guitar to see if I had that many songs that didn't have parts. It made no difference. I will check again.

However, I'll stress that if I can go in with the controller (mic), and see all 404 songs before I bring in my saved game, and then I bring in the save and it goes to 383 (still on controller), its not going to matter which instrument.
    edited July 2013
    This is a job for....

DOC! :):rolleyes:
    edited July 2013
    Okay, I'll fall for it:

Doctor Who? :cool:

Is there a searchlight/bat-beacon kinda thing, or maybe some ritual to summon this person? Or do you simply speak the name, and He shall appear? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the assist, intropee. Now I feel like I'm being upgraded to Level 2 support. :D
    edited July 2013
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/member.php?u=59665

He's always floating around and is very knowledgeable person on alot of issues. :D

And you are welcome.. :) I'm always trying to be helpful, even though we are on different systems :D

I'll leave a message for him.

I left him one for you.

PS.. Alot of people here on the forums, is very knowledgeable too!!! :D
  • edited July 2013
    Heheh you crack me up intropee.

It does sound like the game might be filtering out the instrumental songs when playing vocals only? Maybe it seems songs unplayable in RB3 at first then pulls em?

Did you double check what happens when you do the same thing using a guitar controller instead of a mic?

Unfortunately its my crazy busy time or I would go noodle with my system to see what I could recreate.

/throws smoke bomb and vanishes.... ;)
    edited July 2013
    What's up, Doc? :cool:

Updates- I tried with Guitar and Drums- got the same. 383.

As stated earlier, if I play with just the controller, and delete the save data, I get all 404. If I put the save data back, I go back to 383.

AND, tonight I did some more challenges and things, and now I'm at 382. Its like as I progress through challenges and gain fans, I lose songs.

So, now what?
  • edited July 2013
    Can you ID all of the "missing" songs?
    edited July 2013
    Probably, but it'd take some work. What are you going for?

As I said in my OP, they're spread out all over.
  • edited July 2013
    Obsydeon;5026909 said:
    What are you going for?

Specifics. It tends to help considerably.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited July 2013
    Never question Doc's authori-TIE!!!
    edited August 2013
    Okay! Sorry about the delay- I had some work trips, and it took a bit of time to go through and figure out what was missing.

Good news: Looking at the list, I know why those 24 songs are missing.

They are all songs that I have 1-lighter reviewed at some point (most before there was a filter for that, but 1 not).

Bad news: Going to the filters and setting "Hide 1-lighter reviewed songs" to "Show" does NOT bring them back.

So...now what?
    edited August 2013
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited August 2013
    I'm sure there's an easier way to do it, but you could just keep spamming the random song button over and over till you get one of those songs, then you can change the rating

alternatively, you could do "Party Shuffle" and skip through all the songs. making sure none are 1-lightered. (although i'm not 100% sure if you can switch the rating if you skip a song :/)
    edited August 2013
    The party shuffle isn't a bad idea, but will it ever include songs that aren't shown? Meaning if its "showing 382 out of 406", will those 24 be included, even at long-odds?
  • edited August 2013
    I could change them to a two lighter rating and see if that fixes it.

Otherwise you could try deleting your RB3 data and starting over but that seems like overkill for a few songs that you don't even like.
    edited August 2013
    I would change them to two-lighter if I could see them, but I can't. That's the problem. Selecting "Show" for the one-lighter reviewed songs doesn't let them show up. Nothing does, except deleting my save data, as you said.

And its not that I don't like them, I just didn't want to play them in challenges and on random. Green Grass and High Tides is a lot of work to complete a challenge when you could just play something that's NOT 12 minutes long. Great song, love it, just don't want to have to randomly deal with that.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited August 2013
    Obsydeon;5030627 said:
    The party shuffle isn't a bad idea, but will it ever include songs that aren't shown? Meaning if its "showing 382 out of 406", will those 24 be included, even at long-odds?

well once you do party shuffle, it should mention that you are at "Song X of Total". so you can tell right at the start whether it works or not
    edited August 2013
    jibjqrkl;5030653 said:
    well once you do party shuffle, it should mention that you are at "Song X of Total". so you can tell right at the start whether it works or not

Excellent. That's def worth a shot. Thanks!
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited August 2013
    I never use the 1-lighter filter, but after you change the setting, do you have to go out to the menu and back in to the song list for it to take effect?
    edited August 2013
    I couldn't answer that. Mine are gone forever, which is the problem.