was thinking the other day about drums for Xbox One

meck77meck77 Road Warrior
edited July 2013 in Rock Band
I know controllers wont transfer over but what if they designed a new controller for the Ion that was compatible and why wouldnt the Midi Adaptor work for E-kits on Xbox One?

I know this isnt really a solution for those with RB1,2 or 3 kits and doesnt really help the guitar situation at all, but if my midi(or new controller) would work and all I had to do was replace guitars I think this would heavily sway me towards purchasing an Xbox One(obviously only if RB was coming out for it).

Which again they say there not working on it, but they also told us they were not working on any titles for next gen consoles and then low and behold they are working on Fantasia:Music Evolved for Xbox one. I dont put alot of stock in what they say previous to announcements.

Just my two cents and really what would be so tough to unhook my current controller and put a new Xbox One controller on my Ion?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    meck77;5026155 said:
    Which again they say there not working on it, but they also told us they were not working on any titles for next gen consoles and then low and behold they are working on Fantasia:Music Evolved for Xbox one. I dont put alot of stock in what they say previous to announcements.
    I don't think we ever said we weren't working on any titles for next gen consoles?

Regardless, we're still not working on another RB title for current gen or next gen at this time. That doesn't mean it won't happen, that just means that we're not working on it right now.

Asking about new controllers or compatibility for games that aren't in development for consoles that aren't out yet is kind of putting the cart before the horse.
  • edited July 2013
    hmxhenry;5026158 said:
    I don't think we ever said we weren't working on any titles for next gen consoles?
    People love to make that leap... "There is nothing to publicly announce" MUST mean you are "not doing anything".... right? ;)

Hank, please least everything you guys are currently not working on in autobiographical order.
  • ASPMikeASPMike Opening Act
    edited July 2013
    hmxhenry;5026158 said:

Regardless, we're still not working on another RB title for current gen or next gen at this time. That doesn't mean it won't happen, that just means that we're not working on it right now.

Asking about new controllers or compatibility for games that aren't in development for consoles that aren't out yet is kind of putting the cart before the horse.

Confirmed half life 3.... oh wait this isnt Valve. Confirmed Amplitude 2: Freezepop carnage...hmmmmm... confirmed free stickers!
  • edited July 2013
    Henry,

When are you going to tell them about Dr. Doom's Hello Kitty Happy Fun Time Party Hour?

Musical chairs combined with Duck Duck Goose is PURE GENIUS, thanks for the preview.

Wait... this is not my PM console! DELETE!!!!

;)
  • Tommy GunTommy Gun Opening Act
    edited July 2013
    Doc_SoCal;5026175 said:
    When are you going to tell them about Dr. Doom's Hello Kitty Happy Fun Time Party Hour?

Musical chairs combined with Duck Duck Goose is PURE GENIUS, thanks for the preview.

Press release for anyone who missed it:

Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. today announced that "Dr. Doom's Hello Kitty Happy Fun Time Party Hour" will be available for Xbox One ®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Kinect™ for Xbox 360 ® in 2014. Developed by Harmonix Music Systems, the world’s leading music and motion game developer, "Dr. Doom's Hello Kitty Happy Fun Time Party Hour" transports players to a breathtaking world where music and chairs combine to transform extraordinary interactive landscapes in entirely new and creative ways!

In this game, players enter the magical realms of Chairtopia, selected by the legendary Dr. Doom to hone their musical and goose-picking prowess as his new apprentice. Using Kinect motion control technology and natural, controller-free gameplay, players will control the seating arrangement to the rhythm of some of the industry’s biggest acts, including electronic DJ and producer AVICII, chart-topper Bruno Mars, and rock royalty Queen. "Dr. Doom's Hello Kitty Happy Fun Time Party Hour" gives players creative power to change the formation of their favorite chairs in real-time.

Leveraging the power of the cloud, new "Runnitars" will allow you to play against your friends, even when they're asleep or offline!

• edited July 2013
    Priceless...

Pre-Order Assured!

;)