Can not Buy any RBN songs?

SillyEmilySillyEmily Unsigned
edited August 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Idk if anyone else is having this problem or if there is already a thread about this.. But today i got a message saying the microsoft points are now being replaced with real money. So my points got replaced with $15.00. I went to the rock band marketplace and i can only buy rockband DLC songs.. i cannot buy any RBN songs.

Comments

  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2013
    I have the same problem. Fortunately, the xbox.com website still works in MSP so you can purchase there for the time being.
  • SillyEmilySillyEmily Unsigned
    edited July 2013
    grumblevolcano;5026303 said:
    I have the same problem. Fortunately, the xbox.com website still works in MSP so you can purchase there for the time being.
    Seems to work, but since it replaced all my points with the currency, i still cannot buy any songs. And im thinking if i redeem another card it too, would just tranfer into the currency instead of points?
  • edited July 2013
    Hey all, we flagged this internally last night and will follow up with Microsoft today. This wouldn't be something we control, and there shouldn't be any difference between RB DLC and RBN DLC availability.

    If you could take a minute to reply to these few questions, it'll help make sure we're armed with as much info as possible when contacting Microsoft:

    1) What is the exact message you get when trying to purchase RBN songs?
    2) Are you part of the new Microsoft beta program exchanging MSP for real cash money amounts?
    3) What country do you live in?
    4) Are you able to buy other XNA content, such as indie titles on the XBLA marketplace?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2013
    1) On the marketplace when you click the purchase button there is no "confirm purchase" option, only "cancel". The ingame store screen after clciking the purchase button has the overview screen saying "Total: Free", also there's a red circle with a line through next to the song title. Again there is no "confirm purchase" option, only "cancel".

    2) Yes

    3) UK

    4) Yes, only all RBN songs are affected.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited July 2013
    1) When viewing the DLC list through the dashboard, RBN songs don't have a price listed. Trying to purchase any of them only lets me select "Cancel" on the confirmation screen.

    2) Yes.

    3) US

    4) Indie games are fine. It's just RBN songs that are affected.
  • SillyEmilySillyEmily Unsigned
    edited July 2013
    hmxhenry;5026321 said:
    Hey all, we flagged this internally last night and will follow up with Microsoft today. This wouldn't be something we control, and there shouldn't be any difference between RB DLC and RBN DLC availability.

    If you could take a minute to reply to these few questions, it'll help make sure we're armed with as much info as possible when contacting Microsoft:

    1) What is the exact message you get when trying to purchase RBN songs?
    2) Are you part of the new Microsoft beta program exchanging MSP for real cash money amounts?
    3) What country do you live in?
    4) Are you able to buy other XNA content, such as indie titles on the XBLA marketplace?

    1. Same that GrumbleVolcano is getting. Click on purchase on the song, there is a red circle with a line through it. There is no overview or anything.

    2. Yes i have the beta tab on my dashboard so i believe so

    3. US

    4. Hard to say.. Under Indie Games there are a few that have nothing when i click purchase. There is no save to, price, change payment option, confirm purchase or cancel option. Just a blank popup. But most of the games i picked i could buy and had everything. The 2 games that had nothing were "Avatar Warfare" and "Magnitized" there could be more but these are random ones i just clicked on.
    I can buy all from Arcade, On Demand, Add ons (Besides RBN songs), Demos, and Extras. Hope this helps!!
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    Groudon199;5026342 said:
    1) When viewing the DLC list through the dashboard, RBN songs don't have a price listed. Trying to purchase any of them only lets me select "Cancel" on the confirmation screen.

    2) Yes.

    3) US

    4) Indie games are fine. It's just RBN songs that are affected.

    This is exactly the same thing for me.
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks all for your feedback. We've flagged to Microsoft and they seem to understand what the problem is, so hopefully it should be corrected shortly.

    As some users have pointed out, you should be able to pick RBN tracks up Xbox.com, so that should work in a pinch until Microsoft gets things straightened out. We'll update when we hear back!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2013
    hmxhenry;5026388 said:
    Thanks all for your feedback. We've flagged to Microsoft and they seem to understand what the problem is, so hopefully it should be corrected shortly.

    As some users have pointed out, you should be able to pick RBN tracks up Xbox.com, so that should work in a pinch until Microsoft gets things straightened out. We'll update when we hear back!

    Unfortunately I have found out that this method is impossible given that as the MSP gets converted into local currency, you will always have a MSP total of 0 when on xbox.com (I tried redeeming a 2100MSP card on the site and it automatically converted to local currency still meaning 0MSP).
  • SillyEmilySillyEmily Unsigned
    edited July 2013
    I posted saying the same thing before, that all of the microsoft points have been replaced it is sais i have 0 on xbox. But wasnt sure if redeeming another card would work. But now we know!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2013
    SillyEmily;5026506 said:
    I posted saying the same thing before, that all of the microsoft points have been replaced it is sais i have 0 on xbox. But wasnt sure if redeeming another card would work. But now we know!

    Yes, I needed points anyway so I redeemed on the xbox site to check.
  • edited July 2013
    Update from Microsoft: they were responsible for changing the marketplace listings from MSP to cash amounts, and they identified the RBN issue at about the same time that we flagged it to them. Apparently updating the the RBN content required a custom script that the standard DLC didn't, but now that they're aware of the issue they expect they'll have it corrected within the next week.

    So sit tight and we'll post an update when we hear back from them. Thanks for your assistance in identifying this issue! That's what betas are for. ;)
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    I had noticed this issue several days ago and suspected that it was due to the beta update and currency change. I'm glad to see that this is the case because it's been a few days now without being able to pick up new songs on the RBN.

    I'm happy as long as it's eventually fixed. I'm patient like that.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2013
    I'm thankful that there's at least a few RB fans undergoing the beta. I personally joined the beta solely to help identify any RB issues especially as I'm sure when the update goes live for everyone, HMX will be extremely busy with Fantasia.
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    I hope someone at MS hasn't forgotten about this. I'm afraid it's a low priority for them.
  • edited July 2013
    skyp1e;5027322 said:
    I hope someone at MS hasn't forgotten about this. I'm afraid it's a low priority for them.

    They haven't forgotten. Re: my last post on 7/11, they reported that it'd likely be fixed within a week. We're only 5 days out from that update (3 actual work days) so there aren't any alarms yet. Betas like this are notoriously tricky from a tech perspective, and I'm sure the wealth of 2,000+ pieces of RBN content to price correct doesn't make things any easier.

    We'll hopefully have more info in the next few days, but we're keeping channels open with Microsoft. Thanks for your patience.
  • SillyEmilySillyEmily Unsigned
    edited July 2013
    I was so excited i turned the xbox on, and there was a system update! So i had high hopes that it would be fixed but nope. I still dont know what the update was for today
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    SillyEmily;5027452 said:
    I was so excited i turned the xbox on, and there was a system update! So i had high hopes that it would be fixed but nope. I still dont know what the update was for today

    This was why I felt moved to post again in this thread. I too was excited and then let down by the last update. Hopefully it won't be much longer as Henry suggests. I'm anxious to make some RBN purchases.
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    keep up the good work I Hope the site is back to its Normal Schedule soon?
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    mrjsr05;5027620 said:
    keep up the good work I Hope the site is back to its Normal Schedule soon?
    I love RBN
  • edited July 2013
    Word on the street is that RBN tracks are purchasable again. We haven't received confirmation from Microsoft yet, but initial reports from community members sounds good. Definitely let us know if that's not the case and we'll continue to press MS. Thanks for your patience!
  • SillyEmilySillyEmily Unsigned
    edited July 2013
    All good! Just downloaded a bunch of them. Thank you for contacting Microsoft about it and making magic happen. Now i can rock out all night with my new songs :D
  • ilyama999ilyama999 Opening Act
    edited August 2013
    Hello !

    1) None messages, but when I go to the RBN store in RB3, all RBN songs are unavailable . No more demos, nothing.

    2) No

    3) Belgium

    4) I can buy RB regular songs ...

    ;)
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited August 2013
    hmxhenry;5027709 said:
    Word on the street is that RBN tracks are purchasable again. We haven't received confirmation from Microsoft yet, but initial reports from community members sounds good. Definitely let us know if that's not the case and we'll continue to press MS. Thanks for your patience!
    Has Microsoft fixed the problem let or is it still on going?
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited August 2013
    The same bug has appeared again. The latest song (The Spark of Life) has no price listed for people in the beta.
    ilyama999;5030537 said:
    Hello !

    1) None messages, but when I go to the RBN store in RB3, all RBN songs are unavailable . No more demos, nothing.

    2) No

    3) Belgium

    4) I can buy RB regular songs ...

    ;)

    XNA (and RBN) is not supported in Belgium.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 2013
    Groudon199;5031742 said:
    The same bug has appeared again. The latest song (The Spark of Life) has no price listed for people in the beta.

    Yep
Sign In or Register to comment.