Happy birthday, Dragoninforcer!

edited July 2013 in Rock Band
Today is Dragoninforcer's birthday. He's a long time forum friend and a HUGE fan of Green Day, so I thought it'd be fun to do a quick little DLC giveaway here on the forums. It's kind of sneaky, but feel free to spread the word.

Here are a few trivia questions for you, and I'll dole out Xbox 360 codes for the full album of Green Day's Dookie. The first to respond QUOTING A SPECIFIC QUESTION and answering correctly will get the code, and I'll call out the correct answer and send the code via DM. One code per person will make things fair. We'll try to do PS3 codes tomorrow, time permitting.

Also, I've got a helper from the community who may be posting more trivia later. Have at it!

1) What was the name of the band Billy Joe Armstrong and Mike Dirnt first started that eventually became Green Day?

Sweet Children - Answered by Magnet

2) Billy Joe's favorite guitar is a Fernandes Stratocaster. What nickname did he give it?

Blue - Answered by Kitlerc

3) What is drummer Tre Cool's real name?

Frank Edwin Wright III - Answered by MagicMurderBag7

4) "J.A.R. (Jason Andrew Relva)" was featured on what 1995 movie soundtrack?

Angus - Answered by Dragoninforcer

5) Name the place where I first saw Green Day (mentioned on a previous podcast, and possibly on the forums as well). *Hint* It was in Boston, MA *Hint* *Double Hint* The show took place on Sept 9th, 1994 *Double Hint*

The Hatch Shell on the Esplanade in Boston - Answered by ShadowzI

Comments

• Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited July 2013
    hmxhenry;5026386 said:
    3. Frank Edwin Wright III

Edited just now even though I had the question with the right answer before this edit.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited July 2013
    hmxhenry;5026386 said:
    1) What was the name of the band Billy Joe Armstrong and Mike Dirnt first started that eventually became Green Day?

Sweet Children
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited July 2013
    hmxhenry;5026386 said:
    4) "J.A.R. (Jason Andrew Relva)" was featured on what 1995 movie soundtrack?

Angus

No googling. I knows my Green Day.

Also THANK YOU AARON
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited July 2013
    hmxhenry;5026386 said:
    5) Name the place where I first saw Green Day (mentioned on a previous podcast, and possibly on the forums as well). *Hint* It was in Boston, MA *Hint*

Boston, MA
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    hmxhenry;5026386 said:

2) Billy Joe's favorite guitar is a Fernandes Stratocaster. What nickname did he give it?

Blue
  • moahahshshsmoahahshshs Unsigned
    edited July 2013
  • edited July 2013
    Cipher_Peon;5026391 said:
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited July 2013
  • Skynyrd45Skynyrd45 Opening Act
    edited July 2013
    edited July 2013
    I was just answering..... because I know all the answers. Someone else can snatch up my answer if they so desire, I already own all the Green Day DLC.
  • edited July 2013
    Cipher_Peon;5026391 said:

Edited just now even though I had the question with the right answer before this edit.
    No sneaky edits allowed! MagicMurderBag7 had it all posted correctly before your edit, so good manners dictates I give it to him.
    Magnet;5026392 said:
    Sweet Children
    Correct! Code coming shortly.
    dragoninforcer;5026393 said:
    Angus

Correct! Watch for a PM.
    Magnet;5026394 said:
    Boston, MA
    Looking for a specific location / venue / area in Boston, wise guy!
    kitlerc;5026395 said:
    Blue
    Correct!
    moahahshshs;5026396 said:
    2. Blue
    Sorry, that jerk Kitlerc narrowly beat you out. Make sure to quote the question next time!
    MagicMurderBag7;5026397 said:

Correct! PM incoming, etc.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    hmxhenry;5026401 said:
    N

Sorry, that jerk Kitlerc narrowly beat you out. Make sure to quote the question next time!

I'm such a jerk
    edited July 2013
    Hey, I had the question and the answer, but not the "Quote HMXHenry" stuff. Boo hoo.
    Oh well, congrats, MMB7.

EDIT: AND HE QUOTED ME AND NOT YOU >:[
    I TAKE BACK MY CONGRATS, MMB7!
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited July 2013
    This is pretty cool.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    One more to go guys, then another 10 questions are heading your way.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN! WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • edited July 2013
    dragoninforcer;5026400 said:
    I was just answering..... because I know all the answers. Someone else can snatch up my answer if they so desire, I already own all the Green Day DLC.
    Don't answer next time, you greedy Green Day hog! Feel free to make up a question of your own and give it away following the same rules.
    Cipher_Peon;5026404 said:
    Hey, I had the question and the answer, but not the "Quote HMXHenry" stuff. Boo hoo.
    Oh well, congrats, MMB7.

EDIT: AND HE QUOTED ME AND NOT YOU >:[
    I TAKE BACK MY CONGRATS, MMB7!
    We had some similar complaints last time, so I may just pass over any edited responses in the future to avoid any quoting or time stamp issues. Just want this to be fair and fun.
    dog037;5026405 said:
    This is pretty cool.

YOU'RE PRETTY COOL. No, wait, I think I did this wrong...
    edited July 2013
    Yo, check it. Green Day trivia for y'all. First correct answer gets some nice Dookie in their PM's. And yes, that's a good thing.

BONUS QUESTION: Which song, first played by Green Day's side project Foxboro Hot Tubs, ended up on the ¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré! trilogy?
    edited July 2013
    I expect one of these on my birthday. You have a while to prepare. (It's November 5th in case you didn't know. (WHICH YOU SHOULD!))
    edited July 2013
    dragoninforcer;5026415 said:
    Yo, check it. Green Day trivia for y'all. First correct answer gets some nice Dookie in their PM's. And yes, that's a good thing.

BONUS QUESTION: Which song, first played by Green Day's side project Foxboro Hot Tubs, ended up on the ¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré! trilogy?

**** Time
    edited July 2013
    crash13;5026417 said:
    **** Time

Corrrrrrrectamundo! F*** Time was first played at a Foxboro Hot Tubs show in 2010, and later appeared on Green Day's ¡Dos! in 2012!
  • edited July 2013
    That's mah boy!

+sets mode
    edited July 2013
    Would you believe that I answered the first question just so I could make my own trivia question? No? Oh, well you got me...
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited July 2013
    I think you wanted to ask a question so the answer was F*** Time.
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited July 2013
    hmxhenry;5026386 said:
    5) Name the place where I first saw Green Day (mentioned on a previous podcast, and possibly on the forums as well). *Hint* It was in Boston, MA *Hint*

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here. Paradise Rock Club?
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited July 2013
    Wait, why am I even doing this, I already have the album. Ah well. If I'm right, ignore it
    edited July 2013
    dragoninforcer;5026419 said:
    Corrrrrrrectamundo! F*** Time was first played at a Foxboro Hot Tubs show in 2010, and later appeared on Green Day's ¡Dos! in 2012!

So uh do you send something to him or am I going get sent something to send something to him or is there going to be another option with a longer sending chain
    edited July 2013
    Sup guys. Sad you missed out on a code? Well don't be, because here's another 10 chances to snag one. All you have to do is QUOTE THE QUESTION and give me a correct answer to one of the following questions. Remember guys, play fair. Don't answer more than one etc... Without further ado, here they are. Remember, your all playing for a chance to win Greenday's Dookie on the Xbox 360.

1) Name Greenday's first studio album

39/Smooth - Answered by dbxrunner

2) How many F-bombs did Billie Joe Armstrong drop at the 2012 iHeart Music radio event in Las Vegas? (Video's online. Get watchin'!)

3) How Many Grammys have the group won?

5 - Answered by GrumbleVolcano

4)What colour is the organ in the waiting room of the mental hospital in the music video to Basket case?

Red - Answered by brookfieldworldorder

5)What object is on the keychain of the man’s car keys, left in the ignition of his car, in the music video to warning?

Soccer Ball - Answered by CloudWolf

6) Name the song Greenday covered in 2007, that they performed at the season finale of American Idol?

"Working Class Hero" by John Lennon - Answered by Firedoom666

7) What record label are the band CURRENTLY signed to?

Reprise - Answered by Cipher_Peon

8) In the simpsons movie scene that features Greenday, name:
    - The cause of the boat sinking
    - The Band member that falls into the lake first
    - The writing on Enda Krabappels shirt
    - The object that Moe throws and who it hits (and where)
    - How long the band have been playing before Billie Joe talks to the crowd

Pollution in the lake, Joe and Mike, "Not my boyfriend", A rock to Tre's crotch and 3.5 hours - Answered by Elkasaurus

9) Name the original drummer of the band, before he was replaced by Tre cool

John Kiffmeyer - Answered by Skynyrd 45

10) Who is the grey-haired man in the Basket Case video seen playing the organ? (Credit: DragonInforcer. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D)

EDIT: Remember guys, Aarons last question (number 5) is still active!
    edited July 2013
    Munnchy;5026436 said:

7) What record label are the band CURRENTLY signed to?
    Reprise Records
    edited July 2013
    Cipher_Peon;5026437 said:
    Reprise Records

Winner!
  • edited July 2013
    Munnchy;5026436 said:

1) Name Greenday's first studio album

39/Smooth