Bringing Traditional Classics to the RBN

TheStoicTheStoic Unsigned
edited July 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Hello all, I noticed a thread a little while back that showed interest in bringing traditional songs and national anthems to the RBN. I've been playing traditional songs like "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" and "Angels We Have Heard on High" ever since I first got a guitar, and thought it would be fun to bring them to the RBN, as they would be perfect for group play, if somewhat easy. I've already begun recording the Guitar, Bass, Keyboard, and Drum sections for several of my favorites, and am looking for someone to provide Vocals/Harmonies. If you have the skills and the recording equipment, just reply to this thread or send me an e-mail at [email]long6dm@cmich.edu[/email]

Also, suggestions for RBN-worthy traditional songs are very much welcome.

Comments

• Michael678Michael678 Unsigned
    edited July 2013
    ohhhh what about "the star-spangled banner" and suck since u are now talkin about it
  • TheStoicTheStoic Unsigned
    edited July 2013
    Michael678;5027124 said:
    ohhhh what about "the star-spangled banner" and suck since u are now talkin about it

I've thought about it, but it would really only work as a medley, since most national anthems are less than a minute long. But along with some other American patriotic songs it could work. Whereas "Battle Hymn of the Republic" with 6 verses and 6 choruses is more than enough to make a song of worthwhile length.