Which is better?

TylerSalakTylerSalak Unsigned
edited July 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 cause im gettin one of them and deffinately gettin rock band but which one has better graffix and which could run longer without frying the game and which is just better overall?

Comments

• DaddyNuttDaddyNutt Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    TylerSalak;26835 said:
    Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 cause im gettin one of them and deffinately gettin rock band but which one has better graffix and which could run longer without frying the game and which is just better overall?
    That's what I am trying to figure out. I have never played an XBox or XBox 360. But I have used the Playstation system since it came out, with the regular Playstation. As soon as the PS2 came out, I got it. But I am trying to figure out which one I should get. I hear an XBox 360 is cheaper, but is it?
  • Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    theres already a topic on this, and yes the 360 is cheaper. and has better games and better online features.
  • karlkazakarlkaza Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    the 360 is way better!
    cheaper
    better games
    just pure perfection!
    XBOX 360,360,360,360,360!:D :D
  • Mr_BonesMr_Bones Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    360 all the way...they games r better its cheaper and the online play is great....2 me the ps3 isnt worth it...but thats is my opinion
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    I had to look at this from a value point of view since I would be sinking an obscene amount of money into one of these systems. I would suggest the PS3 for the long run. The 360 for right now is only 100 dollars cheaper than the PS3 and if you purchase one at most retailers you get 5 free blu-ray movies.

The PS3 has 3x more GB of memory( 20 vs. 60 in standard models) than the 360 and the online capabilities (which appear to be a large part of this game) which granted do not run as smoothly as xbox live and really isnt nearly as good, is free, but hey, you get what you pay for lol. Xbox live can cost from 30-50 dollars a year depending on what tier you subscribe to. Playstation will be launching Playstation Home in October and will improve the problem drastically.

The 360 has a larger game library due to an earlier release but upcoming games for the most part are being released on both platforms. With a few exceptions for each.

Blu-ray is going to over take hd-dvd in the in the near future, and unless you have an hd-tv this may not matter all that much to you.

And as far as graphics go the PS3 has the more untapped potential but no game on the system to date looks like what GOW did, but the gap appears to be closing.

The biggest knock against the ps3 is price (which is only 100 dollars more) that you can easily make up in memory, blu-ray player, free-blu ray movies, wi-fi included, no purchase of battery chargers, free online capabilities.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap? Bob Kelso. How you doing?
    edited July 2007
    jq71586;26882 said:

The biggest knock against the ps3 is price (which is only 100 dollars more) that you can easily make up in memory
    360 has enough memory unless you are planning on buying every dlc there is.
    blu-ray player, free-blu ray movies.
    torrent sites and limewire FTW
    wi-fi included
    so what? it's not that costly and you don't need wifi to play online, as long as you have a cord
    no purchase of battery chargers
    the 360 controllers i have run on AA batteries. i didn't need a charger either.
    free online capabilities.
    yet not nearly as good as xbox
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    360 has enough memory unless you are planning on buying every dlc there is.
    I'm sure once you get to to around 30+ GB the amount becomes negligible. But it doesn't hurt to have that extra room.
    torrent sites and limewire FTW
    I've had some bad experiences with Limewire. I still can't flush it completely out of my laptop. lol. At least I know if i watch 300 on blu-ray tomorrow my TV won't start screwing up.
    so what? it's not that costly and you don't need wifi to play online, as long as you have a cord
    I do have a 25 ft. ethernet cable, but again the wi-fi built in is just an advantage. But however it is expensive for the 360. I can find it for about 88 dollars.

the 360 controllers i have run on AA batteries. i didn't need a charger either.
    Do you have to replace the batteries when they run out? my ps2 wireless one had about 30 hrs of juice in it. At least you aren't paying battery charger money to Bill Gates.
    yet not nearly as good as xbox
    Oh, I know. The two really aren't even close as far as this goes, this is the one clear cut advantage that xbox has and even though PSHome is being released soon i doubt it will run as well as that. It just seems like a larger version of The Sims.

Good to have a conversation without childish arguing and someone using the word "pwned". lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap? Bob Kelso. How you doing?
    edited July 2007
    well, i don't use limewire anymore either(had some bad experiences myself) but torrent sites like Demonoid are pretty safe
  • Dabog666Dabog666 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I would say ps3 is better because you have free access to the internet, as well as a heap of good games coming out in the future.
    That's just an opinion though, and I don't want any fanboy responses.
  • ARandomHoboARandomHobo Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    well PS3 has better graphics. thats a fact.
    and it has free online.
    and personally i like the games for it better.
    so i say PS3.
  • JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Playstation 3. It's got...

A solid (not OMGAMAZING, but it does everything well) online system that will be hugely improved by the time Rock Band comes out. And it's all free unlike Live.

A very nice online shop that charges you for items in dollars and cents (unlike the 400 Microsoft Points for $5.00 scheme), and gives you a ton of stuff for free.

A decent library of games right now, with some amazing exclusives coming soon (Warhawk and MGS4 are two promising titles).

It uses Blu-Ray technology out-of-the-box, which allows for gigs more data to be stored on a disk (useful for games), and lets you watch Blu-Ray movies if you're into that.

One last thing. Sony royally botched the PS3 launch, and they've been doing everything in their power to sell units. That's almost been a blessing, since they've been greatly improving the system through firmware updates semi-frequently, and they've started implementing things that customers want to see (like Home which will hit soon). At the $500 price, I thought the PS3 was the superior package to play Rock Band on, and as an added bonus, I can play all my PS2 and PS1 games on it.

I'd seriously go with the PS3.

-Jaime