I would have thought that when DLC ended

meck77meck77 Road Warrior
edited July 2013 in The Rock Band Network
that it would have been perfect timing for RBN authors to jump all over the DLC market. People are still clamoring for new music and hardly anything is coming out.
Now I know that we had delays with creators and everything RB.com being down for a bit but I would think by now that we would be back to rolling out a high volume of RBN DLC. Not only is that not happening but there really isnt even much discussion going on around here about what is coming if anything.

Question: Is RBN nearing its end as well :( ?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    If there was a DLC market to "jump all over" we would still have official DLC.

*It does not take a call to Miss Cleo to make this prediction.

*These statements are based solely on my opinion as a player of Rock Band and in no way reflect any official viewpoint from Harmonix or Harmonix staff nor is this opinion based on anything other than publicly known information and associated variables. In the case that this opinion causes any distress or outrage you are encouraged to place the blame squarely on Lawdog1521. Thank you.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2013
    meck77;5027191 said:

Question: Is RBN nearing its end as well :( ?

Don't think so, things are just slow due to all the technical issues from the past few months.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited July 2013
    I cannot for the life of me remember if I ever posted this on the forum, but here's my part of it.

I'm in the middle of a huge move to a new house. These last few months have been taxing on me due to that, and I'm playing a lot of catch-up. There's many songs Chart Toppers needs to release, and several others that are being authored and prepared for announcement and upload. However, despite having all those songs ready to go, since I have next to no time for playtesting, our songs haven't been tested. Trixie and Humanoid were lucky breaks since they were already a foot out the door; our other songs still need some more attention to make it through Peer Review.

Also, CTA has been reduced to pretty much just me now. I've had a lot of people help me out throughout our time doing RBN for differing amounts of time and I'm very grateful to each and every one of them for all the work they did. But, now that it's just me, there's a lot of work I have to do so everything's gonna be pretty slow. This also means that, excepting anyone I've been currently talking to about new deals, I'm not actively seeking out new songs to author for the time being.

However, that doesn't mean the end of CTA or RBN. Far from it. Until the very last possible second, I will be authoring and releasing songs. I will get everything we've announced released. I will enjoy playing them and posting scores on the leaderboards alongside you all. And, if RBN still has plenty of time after I do all that, I will get more songs to author and get those out. I have my eye on a few potential ones, I just haven't struck because of all I currently have outstanding and the little time I have. And as long as at least one or two authors are still doing their thing, and it's still technologically possible to release songs, RBN won't die.

I can't speak for other authors, though I know a good number of them are still doing their thing. But, do expect new announcements from CTA coming soon once I get a good amount of my stuff together. I've got some good **** for y'all in store.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited July 2013
    Hey, I've been made a whipping dog! I've been framed!
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    Doc_SoCal;5027197 said:
    If there was a DLC market to "jump all over" we would still have official DLC.

Valid point suppose, Whats left of the DLC market.

Better??
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    Arcanon;5027227 said:
    I cannot for the life of me remember if I ever posted this on the forum, but here's my part of it.

I'm in the middle of a huge move to a new house. These last few months have been taxing on me due to that, and I'm playing a lot of catch-up. There's many songs Chart Toppers needs to release, and several others that are being authored and prepared for announcement and upload. However, despite having all those songs ready to go, since I have next to no time for playtesting, our songs haven't been tested. Trixie and Humanoid were lucky breaks since they were already a foot out the door; our other songs still need some more attention to make it through Peer Review.

Also, CTA has been reduced to pretty much just me now. I've had a lot of people help me out throughout our time doing RBN for differing amounts of time and I'm very grateful to each and every one of them for all the work they did. But, now that it's just me, there's a lot of work I have to do so everything's gonna be pretty slow. This also means that, excepting anyone I've been currently talking to about new deals, I'm not actively seeking out new songs to author for the time being.

However, that doesn't mean the end of CTA or RBN. Far from it. Until the very last possible second, I will be authoring and releasing songs. I will get everything we've announced released. I will enjoy playing them and posting scores on the leaderboards alongside you all. And, if RBN still has plenty of time after I do all that, I will get more songs to author and get those out. I have my eye on a few potential ones, I just haven't struck because of all I currently have outstanding and the little time I have. And as long as at least one or two authors are still doing their thing, and it's still technologically possible to release songs, RBN won't die.

I can't speak for other authors, though I know a good number of them are still doing their thing. But, do expect new announcements from CTA coming soon once I get a good amount of my stuff together. I've got some good **** for y'all in store.

Awesome. Good Luck with your move, looking forward to seeing whats in store for us :) THANKS
  • grace_pressuregrace_pressure Opening Act
    edited July 2013
    Yep, I'm sure that a lot of authors share Arcanon's sentiments. Though things died down for a bit after the site outage, there have been playtesting trade groups every week. They don't fill out to maximum capacity these days, but lots of groups are still cracking away at getting songs where they need to be, even when it takes more work to secure the six passing votes. I've also noticed an influx of new songs as well, so you can look forward to seeing more songs per week when they start to ripen.

As for us, we can finally release Thirteen (ft. M_80!, Watershed & Wolfblur) this week or next. We've just been having so much trouble pinning down the errors because of the stupid-hard variations. XD I know, the song's called "Thirteen," we should have seen this coming. I'll be happy to move onto our next projects, of which there are many.