Certain Labels and RBN

GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
edited July 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Over the 3 years the RBN has been up, we've seen some pretty big names and labels roll through here but some have stated no or after a while stopping saying yes because of money. Granted I know details won't really be given here but there are 2 labels I'm thinking of that had tracks released and the nothing ever after that. Metal Blade from what I remember is a no to the RBN now but had several tracks of their come out from Job for a Cowboy, Unearth, etc.., the other is Epitaph, they only had 1 song from Converge come out (glad we at least got one), I remember ASP saying they tried Epitaph when Falling in Reverse's Raised by Wolves was really popular and they never back. Were either of those caused by poor sales? I know all 3 consoles got at least 2 Metal Blade tracks though I'm not sure if Converge even made it to the PS3. I was just curious on what goes down with that or even better, what happened with those labels.

Edit: It was Dark Horse by Converge and IT DID make it to the PS3.

Comments

• ASPKevASPKev Opening Act
    edited July 2013
    Just to clarify - I tried Epitaph when that Falling in Reverse song came out, and I never heard back from them.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    ASPKev;5027951 said:
    Just to clarify - I tried Epitaph when that Falling in Reverse song came out, and I never heard back from them.

I changed it haha but always wondered this. I'm not really expecting concrete answers because of the subject but was curious. I would think at least one of them would be willing seeing especially Epitaph seeing Falling in Reverse is really popular, Bad Religion are their legends, etc...
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    is any Born of osiris tracks Scheduled to be released?
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited July 2013
    It would be awesome to get Epitaph on board. I just cant believe no music game ever got a song from Pennywise.
    edited July 2013
    Epitaph just seemed like the label that would be more on board than just Dark Horse by Converge, has anyone tried to get them after ASP tried?
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    Epitaph has sooooo many good artists.

I wish we got more Sub Pop. It's a shame a lot of the Sub Pop tracks we got were all RBN 1.0 era stuff and lacked keys. The Hold Steady would've been amazing on keys.
    edited July 2013
    tdc002;5028452 said:
    Epitaph has sooooo many good artists.

I wish we got more Sub Pop. It's a shame a lot of the Sub Pop tracks we got were all RBN 1.0 era stuff and lacked keys. The Hold Steady would've been amazing on keys.

Last I knew TAG was dealing with Sub Pop
    edited July 2013
    GameMaster439;5028474 said:
    Last I knew TAG was dealing with Sub Pop

Wasn't that like a year ago at this point?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2013
    tdc002;5028769 said:
    Wasn't that like a year ago at this point?

October, but they say then that list was for the 2nd half of 2013 or something like that (which has not been going for long).
    edited July 2013
    grumblevolcano;5028774 said:
    October, but they say then that list was for the 2nd half of 2013 or something like that (which has not been going for long).
    i Totally agree with you guys on this
    edited July 2013
    grumblevolcano;5028774 said:

Hopefully it still happens. Sublime, In Flames and A7X will be awesome if it does come out.
    edited July 2013
    GameMaster439;5028793 said:
    Hopefully it still happens. Sublime, In Flames and A7X will be awesome if it does come out.
    Are they Still on Schedule to Release Sublime,In Flames,Avenge Sevenfold,Dethklok and Children of Bodom?
    edited July 2013
    GameMaster439;5028793 said:

I flipped out when I heard about early Sublime. I'd love to play Badfish or maybe their cover of We're Only Gonna Die (that's kind of a stretch though. I know RBN typically doesn't allow covers but SOMETIMES makes exceptions)
    edited July 2013
    I would love to see some Newer stuff by Children of bodom and a little of there Early stuff as well.