Eric Clapton?

Tim_KaineTim_Kaine Unsigned
edited July 2013 in The Rock Band Network
No need for anybody to attack, because as much as I'd have liked to see Clapton in standard DLC or in the RBN, I know that the douchebags that made Power Gig suckered him into an exclusivity agreement.

The reason I'm posting this (and here, because I didn't know where the hell else to post it), is that I wanted to ask if anybody knows about the length of that agreement? I tried researching it on my own today, and none of the results I turned up put a time frame on the contract, they just say that he signed an exclusivity agreement. I mean, it's not possible to sign lifelong exclusivity agreements, right? I hope not, because it would suck to know that we can never see content from Clapton because of some small potatoes company that had the willpower but not the firepower to go to war with Harmonix and Activision.

Comments

• BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited July 2013
    Well, Rocksmith has an Eric Clapton song (more than one?), so they managed to get around the exclusivity. Rock Band also got Aerosmith tracks 5-6 years after Guitar Hero: Aerosmith got an exclusivity deal with them, so it's rumored that they can be about 5 years.

But there are no more RB DLC planned anyway, so odds are miniscule.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2013
    BohemianMatt;5028354 said:
    Well, Rocksmith has an Eric Clapton song (more than one?), so they managed to get around the exclusivity. Rock Band also got Aerosmith tracks 5-6 years after Guitar Hero: Aerosmith got an exclusivity deal with them, so it's rumored that they can be about 5 years.

It has 1 song, "Run Back to Your Side". Another example regarding exclusivity is that Dave Matthews Band was exclusive to Power Gig and then got a 3 pack of songs in RB (Ants Marching, So Much to Say, Mercy) in November 2012.
  • TheStoicTheStoic Unsigned
    edited July 2013
    BohemianMatt;5028354 said:

I believe Rocksmith uses mp3s and not master tracks, so it enables them to get a lot more access to music.
  • Tim_KaineTim_Kaine Unsigned
    edited July 2013
    I know that RB DLC is done for now, but there's always the Rock Band Network and the possibility of another Rock Band sequel on the next generation.

I just want to play Layla so bad... lol, I actually bought Power Gig a year or two ago just to play that song (the game was, like, $2 used), and the game was so unplayably bad that I returned it to the store that same day. A game like Homefront, I was disappointed on day one, but I said, "I won't return it because this game has potential." But Power Gig? "This game has absolutely no hope." So I returned it.

Layla in Rock Band! Thank you for your replies, gentlemen. It looks like we're all going to be stuck on the SS Wait And See for a while.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited July 2013
    There's also that decent cover of Sunshine of You Love on GH3. I played the heck out of that back then.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    edited July 2013
    TheStoic;5028363 said:
    I believe Rocksmith uses mp3s and not master tracks, so it enables them to get a lot more access to music.

Sheesh, you'd think they could do better at not just releasing RB released tracks...