Ridiculous request - is it possible?

Inside0utInside0ut Unsigned
edited August 2013 in The Rock Band Network
First off, it's awesome to be part of the Rock Band community again! (albeit with a new profile)

A little backstory: Got RB2 when it came out in 2008, quickly became not only my favorite rhythm game of all time, but easily one of my top 5 favorite video games as well. As the years passed, my Wii got nearly as much playtime as my PS3 and PC thanks to this game and Zelda. Then the rhythm game craze ended, and I slowly stopped playing.

Now, I've returned to this wonderful game I've sunk so many hours into, opting to play on the Wii out of a) nostalgia, and b) the fact I don't own any rhythm games and peripherals on my PS3 and don't wanna blow a ton of money.

Now, out of curiosity I browsed the wikipedia list of RBN 2.0 songs and something caught my eye. I'm a huge Circa Survive fan. HUGE. Hence my avatar. So when I noticed their song 'The Difference Between Medicine and Poison is in the Dose' was available, I was met with incredible excitement, followed by disappointment when I realized it wasn't available on my humble little Wii.

Now, my INCREDIBLY far fetched question; is there any way I can pull some strings, anyone I can contact (and potentially beg to) for this song to somehow be available on the Wii? (I realize how incredibly ridiculous this is, but it's worth a shot). Or am I just going have to bite the bullet and buy a PS3 copy of RB3, all the peripherals, and re-purchase all my DLC on a new platform?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Honestly?.... No, there is no chance.

Sorry...

If you are going to console swap for the sake of RBN you would be better served buying an XBOX 360 and making that your Rock Band console.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 2013
    My opinion is the same especially about getting an Xbox 360 as RBN for PS3 ended 4 months ago (April 2nd).
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited August 2013
    Doc_SoCal;5029184 said:
    Honestly?.... No, there is no chance.

Sorry...

If you are going to console swap for the sake of RBN you would be better served buying an XBOX 360 and making that your Rock Band console.

before you go blowing a bunch of money on an xbox 360 keep in mind that since the end of RB DLC the RBN has literally shut down. I dont even think we've seen a dozen RBN network releases since April, I would also double check and make sure that this song is available on PS3 as there are far less RBN songs on the PS3.
    edited August 2013
    grumblevolcano;5029233 said:
    My opinion is the same especially about getting an Xbox 360 as RBN for PS3 ended 4 months ago (April 2nd).

same with the 360(more or less)
    edited August 2013
    I'm sorry, I'm just bitter. I want some new music
  • edited August 2013
    meck77;5029324 said:
    I'm sorry, I'm just bitter. I want some new music

Are you part of RBN? We have some minor pipeline issues to fix that have prevented the release of 3 songs, but to get more tracks the RBN needs an active community of authors and peer reviewers. I'm still approving songs and reviewing new submissions, and there's a decent amount of content in the pipeline, but the key component of any UGC initiative is the users. If you'd like to see more content, or more of a specific kind of content, get involved, and help make it happen.
    edited August 2013
    hmxhenry;5029331 said:
    Are you part of RBN? We have some minor pipeline issues to fix that have prevented the release of 3 songs, but to get more tracks the RBN needs an active community of authors and peer reviewers. I'm still approving songs and reviewing new submissions, and there's a decent amount of content in the pipeline, but the key component of any UGC initiative is the users. If you'd like to see more content, or more of a specific kind of content, get involved, and help make it happen.

My only involvement with the RBN is as a purchaser. How does one go about getting involved? I'm not to concerned about a specific kind of content, I would just like to see more content. I'm definitely capable of helping and would be more then willing to do so, just not really sure what to do or who to talk to.
    Thats great news that there is new songs in the pipeline, thanks.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 2013
    hmxhenry;5029331 said:

I would love to get involved with peer review but I'm not American so I can't unfortunately.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited August 2013
    Before you go buy a Xbox 360 for the DLC (if you do) it is worth noticing the XNA have some pretty big country limitations, so if you don't live within one of the countries with XNA enabled you might be better off getting a PS3 after all.
  • jbillytntjbillytnt Unsigned
    edited August 2013
    NightmareLyre;5029370 said:
    Before you go buy a Xbox 360 for the DLC (if you do) it is worth noticing the XNA have some pretty big country limitations, so if you don't live within one of the countries with XNA enabled you might be better off getting a PS3 after all.

Wish there was a way to help without having to buy that $99 subscription fee.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited August 2013
    hmxhenry;5029331 said:

I for one am trying to become part of the RBN, but my emails to support keep disappearing into the ether!
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited August 2013
    I can't log into my RBN account any longer either.