I am now hearing that xbox360 will be compatible with xbox one

meck77meck77 Road Warrior
edited September 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
reading some threads online this morning and I read an interesting conversation between an xbox rep and a customer and the rep was saying that xbox one WILL play 360 on disc games. Not sure about on demand games, the customer even went on to say that this is information needs to get out to the public ASAP.

Also read an article saying the 360 will be compatible in its entirety through the HDMI plugs, I think they were saying you will be able to plug your 360 into the xbox one and use it to its fullest. Including all DLC and games.

Anyone else catching wind of this or is it all BS??

EDIT:Oops I thought this was 360 thread center, didnt realize it was 360 band wanted. my apologies

Comments

• SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited August 2013
    Doesn't sound like "compatible". It sounds like you are just running the 360 through the XO instead of straight to the TV... still, I have an old 360 without the HDMI port.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited August 2013
    meck77;5029892 said:
    reading some threads online this morning and I read an interesting conversation between an xbox rep and a customer and the rep was saying that xbox one WILL play 360 on disc games. Not sure about on demand games, the customer even went on to say that this is information needs to get out to the public ASAP.

Straight-up hearsay. Don't pass this rumor on until Microsoft actually makes an announcement.

And yes, the HDMI plugs will allow you to play your 360 through the Xbox One if you lack enough HDMI plugs on your TV. Of course, by the same token, you can plug a PS3 or a PS4 into the Xbox One HDMI port and also be able to use them, because the Xbone is being used as a pass-through as opposed to actually doing any work on its own in this case. So if the Xbox One is compatible with the 360, it's also compatible with the PS3 and PS4, much in the same way your TV is compatible with all of them.
  • AzureAngel17AzureAngel17 In Space!
    edited August 2013
    Given the website on which we're having this discussion, I feel I should point out that such a pass through has only so far been promoted as being used for television, and I expect it will pose some latency issues if you try to play games through it.

Basically, I don't expect such a jury-rigged setup to work very well with Rock Band, which is the only thing that matters. Other than SPACE, obviously.
  • edited August 2013
    I heard it will make vanilla AND chocolate soft serve and MAY get a van/choc swirl expansion in early 14'.
    edited August 2013
    Doc_SoCal;5030221 said:
    I heard it will make vanilla AND chocolate soft serve and MAY get a van/choc swirl expansion in early 14'.

...you know you have to make that now, right? :D
  • edited August 2013
    AzureAngel17;5030222 said:
    ...you know you have to make that now, right? :D
    I do now... :)

I will make sure it is weather proof, train friendly AND space worthy.
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited September 2013
    Ya I guess that makes complete sense with the HDMI, kind of a waste of time. I was really more curious about the rumor that 360 on disc games will work with it?? anymore word on that
    edited September 2013
    Microsoft has confirmed that Xbox 360 games DO NOT play on the Xbox One. Some retailers will let you exchange a 360 game for the same game on the One for a small fee though, if the game exists on both consoles.