I Don't Know What To Do!!!!!

DaddyNuttDaddyNutt Unsigned
edited July 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
I am trying to start a real, in-life, rock and roll band. I know how to play guitar, but I don't have one. I really want this game, but I don't got a PS3. Should I spend $500 on a PS3, and then spend $200 on the game? Or should I just spend roughly $200 on a real guitar? My whole family wants the game, none of my friend have a PS3 or a XBox 360, and I have no idea what to do. Please help me.

Comments

• lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    DaddyNutt;26843 said:
    I am trying to start a real, in-life, rock and roll band. I know how to play guitar, but I don't have one. I really want this game, but I don't got a PS3. Should I spend $500 on a PS3, and then spend $200 on the game? Or should I just spend roughly $200 on a real guitar? My whole family wants the game, none of my friend have a PS3 or a XBox 360, and I have no idea what to do. Please help me.
    Real guitar. Then games. Trust me. I'd always advocate actual music over a game, regardless of how fun it is. Its much more fulfilling and you can always get a game later on.

If your whole fam wants it, they can buy it. Also.. You shouldn't have to ask other people what to do. That kind of thing is a personal decision... do you value a game, which can evolve into nothing but getting good at the game, or a guitar which can translate into getting good at it and playing shows, and impressing people with your actual skills

Just my 2c
  • Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    yeah, definitely take the real guitar over the plastic. you can get a cheap, decent ibanez for around $200, or just look for used ones.

PS- if you really want the game and a guitar, just go for a 360, its cheaper if you can manage the $400 more for game bundle/guitar
    edited July 2007
    Rev0lver;26845 said:
    yeah, definitely take the real guitar over the plastic. you can get a cheap, decent ibanez for around $200, or just look for used ones.
    ebay or pawn shops ftmfw. crackheads'll sell guitars to pawn shops for cheap, and you can usually find decent ones at great prices at a pawn shop. Look around.. find the best fit for you
  • Mr_BonesMr_Bones Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    well u have 2 think aboot wat would u rather have the most and get the most use out of...but w/ the hole ps3 or 360 thing i would get the 360..cuz they r like wat $100 cheaper and i think the 360's r alot better w/ al the downlaodable content and all that...but back 2 the game...it would also depend on how much fun u would have w/ either 1...i personally would get ther game fisrt but in ur shoes i would get the guitar cuz the money u would spend on the system and the game..u could buy a sweet ass guitar instead or buy the $200 guitar and buy amps and effect pedals and all that stuff...but that is just wat i think
    edited July 2007
    well honestly, if you're really into the guitar spend all the money on that. don't go for a $200 guitar, go for the $1000 guitar and forget about video games. i made that mistake with my basses, and i have 3 somewhat decent basses from $200-$500 when i could have an awesome one for $1200
  • DaddyNuttDaddyNutt Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;26844 said:
    Real guitar. Then games. Trust me. I'd always advocate actual music over a game, regardless of how fun it is. Its much more fulfilling and you can always get a game later on.

If your whole fam wants it, they can buy it. Also.. You shouldn't have to ask other people what to do. That kind of thing is a personal decision... do you value a game, which can evolve into nothing but getting good at the game, or a guitar which can translate into getting good at it and playing shows, and impressing people with your actual skills

Just my 2c

Thank you, dude. I will probably use your method. I have been looking on eBay but I don't know anyone with a credit card, so I'm screwed there. I just don't know where to buy a real one... Guitar Center is where I have looked alot. Should I look there?
    edited July 2007
    guitar center is a pretty awesome store, if you can't find a pawn shop with really cheap guitars. but that's where i buy most of my stuff.
    edited July 2007
    DaddyNutt;26956 said:
    Thank you, dude. I will probably use your method. I have been looking on eBay but I don't know anyone with a credit card, so I'm screwed there. I just don't know where to buy a real one... Guitar Center is where I have looked alot. Should I look there?
    Pawn shops... Hell my dad has probably over 25 guitars ranging from expensive to beginner. If you want I could ask him if he's got a decent one for a decent price that he could sell you and mail off. God knows he gets enough of them off ebay. Whats your price range, 200-300 bucks or so?
  • DaesaniaDaesania Serious Poster
    edited July 2007
    Could always get a Wii :) Only 250 bucks.
    edited July 2007
    Daesania;26977 said:
    Could always get a Wii :) Only 250 bucks.

But it hasn't been announced for the Wii.
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;26960 said:
    Pawn shops... Hell my dad has probably over 25 guitars ranging from expensive to beginner. If you want I could ask him if he's got a decent one for a decent price that he could sell you and mail off. God knows he gets enough of them off ebay. Whats your price range, 200-300 bucks or so?

200 - 250 bucks.
    edited July 2007
    Im sure hes got some good ones in that range. See if your parents or someone can pay shipping and maybe ill let you know.
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;27100 said:
    Im sure hes got some good ones in that range. See if your parents or someone can pay shipping and maybe ill let you know.
    How are we gonna do this? UPS? The mail? The mail works best for me, but I could manage.
    edited July 2007
    DaddyNutt;27105 said:
    How are we gonna do this? UPS? The mail? The mail works best for me, but I could manage.
    It would go whichever way you'd be willing to pay. I dont even know if he has any 250$ guitars. I'll see what your options are tonight and post in here some pictures and my review of them. He never buys crap guitars though, jsut gets them for good prices and can flip them for good prices usually
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;27117 said:
    It would go whichever way you'd be willing to pay. I dont even know if he has any 250$ guitars. I'll see what your options are tonight and post in here some pictures and my review of them. He never buys crap guitars though, jsut gets them for good prices and can flip them for good prices usually

That works