Rediculous....

upsetmanupsetman Unsigned
edited September 2013 in Rock Band
I love rock band, its fun, what's not fun is when your guitar breaks and you find out no store carries a standard rock band 1 / 2 guitar, that rock band 3 has DOWNgraded their guitar to one that is more 'realistic'.

I dont want a guitar with frickin strings, i want one with a green button, a red button, a yellow button, a blue button and a god dang orange button.

Want to lose a huge chunk of your player base? easy, make a dumb frickin guitar with strings and discontinue the old kind. If people wanted to play a realistic guitar with strings, they would get a real frickin guitar..

I am pretty pissed, my games are now useless unless i want to go buy a guitar on ebay that may or may not work.

I REFUSE to even touch that frickin guitar with strings. Way to kill fun. I understand the super hardcores may like it, but dont kill a game franchise for the few.

I play on expert, and i am content with that difficulty, i dont want to have to touch strings, that prevents gaming marathons of rock band! i dont want to walk away with blisters, i want to walk away with hands that aren't fricked up from sliding up and down strings.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Take a deep breath...

Serenity now...

The Pro-Guitars have not replaced the 5 Button, its just another choice for those that want to play in PRO mode. There are far more songs for 5 button than pro, far far far more.

Rock Band is out of favor with the majority of mainstream gamers and the people who make instruments are basically no longer making them since there is no new Rock band or Guitar Hero on deck or even a hint that there might be, although maybe is always an option.

So, your choices are to buy used on your local craigs list, pawn shops, yard sales or find a new guitar out there and pay the inflated price sellers are asking because they know there are no more in the pipeline.

No game is supported forever, the unique hardware of the music game genre just makes it extra tricky. Harmonix does not make instruments.

Depending on the console you play on, there may be options available.

Lastly, many common hardware failures are easily fixed.
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited September 2013
    If you REALLY want a Rock Band/Guitar Hero guitar, you CAN find one. Just put in some effort.
  • GRRRUMBLEGRRRUMBLE Opening Act
    edited September 2013
    I only bought a game system because pro came out. I will assume that playstation players can still buy the dreamgear guitar.then there is cheaperclick here same item.
    These old consoles are going away.
    How about this type of guitar. click here.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited September 2013
    i still can't believe they discontinued the drums and replaced them with a keyboard. how am i supposed to play all my RB drum songs with a keyboard?
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited September 2013
    upsetman;5033152 said:
    I love rock band, its fun, what's not fun is when your guitar breaks and you find out no store carries a standard rock band 1 / 2 guitar, that rock band 3 has DOWNgraded their guitar to one that is more 'realistic'.

I dont want a guitar with frickin strings, i want one with a green button, a red button, a yellow button, a blue button and a god dang orange button.

Want to lose a huge chunk of your player base? easy, make a dumb frickin guitar with strings and discontinue the old kind. If people wanted to play a realistic guitar with strings, they would get a real frickin guitar..

I am pretty pissed, my games are now useless unless i want to go buy a guitar on ebay that may or may not work.

I REFUSE to even touch that frickin guitar with strings. Way to kill fun. I understand the super hardcores may like it, but dont kill a game franchise for the few.

I play on expert, and i am content with that difficulty, i dont want to have to touch strings, that prevents gaming marathons of rock band! i dont want to walk away with blisters, i want to walk away with hands that aren't fricked up from sliding up and down strings.

first thing first where on earth have you been, this has been coming for a LONG time. Stores havent carried any RB/GH controllers in 2-3 years. Secong every used game shop in all the surrounding towns where I live have a stockpile of guitars(I would be happy to help you out if you wanna pm me).
    Third amazon has a plethera of guitars for both series that will work for either game as a matter of fact I just ordered the Band Hero full game bundle for $75 on amazon, took the guitar out to keep and resold the rest of the bundle on e-bay for $110. Theres alot of options out there, if I can help let me know
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited September 2013
    tnevaker;5033217 said:
    i still can't believe they discontinued the drums and replaced them with a keyboard. how am i supposed to play all my RB drum songs with a keyboard?

Plug the keyboard in an MPA, set the MPA to drums. Be sure to be in the C2 to C4 octave and you're set. Yes it works. Yes, it's freaking hard.
    edited September 2013
    Alternity;5033259 said:
    Plug the keyboard in an MPA, set the MPA to drums. Be sure to be in the C2 to C4 octave and you're set. Yes it works. Yes, it's freaking hard.

i don't want to have to touch keys. they'll give me blisters!
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited September 2013
    tnevaker;5033270 said:
    i don't want to have to touch keys. they'll give me blisters!

I just answered your question. :P
  • DavidTLynchEsqDavidTLynchEsq Opening Act
    edited September 2013
    When was the keyboard ever promoted as a replacement for drums?
  • BVP2K10BVP2K10 Opening Act
    edited September 2013
    DavidTLynchEsq;5033278 said:

I think that was sarcasm.
    edited September 2013
    DavidTLynchEsq;5033278 said:

the same time the pro guitar was promoted as a replacement for five-button guitar and the cymbals were promoted as a replacement for vocals.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited September 2013
    Was that about the same time that Rick Astley was promoted as a replacement for good music?
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    In Bloomington IL Tuesday Morning store there are two brand new PS2 guitars and one PS3 keyboard for sale for $4.99 each. As well as a ton of DJ Hero for PS3
  • GRRRUMBLEGRRRUMBLE Opening Act
    edited September 2013
    I don't want to use a real guitar for gaming. 1st intonation 2nd tuning 3rd tunings 4th weight , I would have liked a variety of pro guitars. realism over real , and I have more than enough guitars just only one for gaming. Some high end purchase , the mustang is great operating it just needs looks .
    Madcatz got a contract. Now rockband has finally got a store. Madcatz contract is not eternal. The rockband store might be etrnal. What I'm writing is a maybe , maybe the rockband store will oneday start to sell and warranty their controllers.
    If they wanted beta testers to keep quiet they would end their forum access temporary. Really good players with a lot of relevant postings are missing , temporary. I miss them here . Would there be five active systems 3 4 360 one u needing content and controllers. Then again they , may have walked away due to a lack of children of bodem, or some reasonable causes.
  • WIIBARONWIIBARON Opening Act
    edited September 2013
    When you can buy a {NEW} $150 guitar for $50 and a $70 guitar costs $150, you know someone in production didn't figure out the market very well. And when 2 of the consoles' game discs are 20% of their original price and the other is 200% more, someone wasn't paying mind to the store. And here we are now...
  • upsetmanupsetman Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    Update: I am the op, I did go ahead and buy a guitar on amazon......Still upset that all local stores stopped carrying them, and now I wait and hope that ...

1.) The seller is legit, so i don't have to redo the process with a different seller.

2.) That the guitar works. 100% works. Doesn't drop a color, and registers strums.

I wish Harmonix would make a Rock Band website that would sell Controllers, Games, Expansions. At least I wouldn't have to worry about so much that way.
  • Vixen341Vixen341 Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    Yeah right. I have 4 guitars... 2 black/white EA's (they are my second set and the whammy's went out). Bought two Mad Catz (one red and one blue) worked fine. Didn't play for 9 months. went to play, NEITHER work!. Changed batteries, checked with every dongle, help buttons, reset system...NOTHING!
    They are way newer than the EA's... What the heck??? Is there a way to totally reset the entire sync?
    I miss not playing with a whammy :(
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited September 2013
    GRRRUMBLE;5033532 said:
    I don't want to use a real guitar for gaming. 1st intonation 2nd tuning 3rd tunings 4th weight , I would have liked a variety of pro guitars. realism over real , and I have more than enough guitars just only one for gaming. Some high end purchase , the mustang is great operating it just needs looks .
    Madcatz got a contract. Now rockband has finally got a store. Madcatz contract is not eternal. The rockband store might be etrnal. What I'm writing is a maybe , maybe the rockband store will oneday start to sell and warranty their controllers.
    If they wanted beta testers to keep quiet they would end their forum access temporary. Really good players with a lot of relevant postings are missing , temporary. I miss them here . Would there be five active systems 3 4 360 one u needing content and controllers. Then again they , may have walked away due to a lack of children of bodem, or some reasonable causes.

Mind....confused. Tried plugging this into bablefish but it just spit out more gibberish.
    edited September 2013
    i plugged it into babelfish, set to translate to latin, and then i read it aloud. now i think i may have accidentally summoned a candarian demon.