Anyone else having issues with Rock Band Scores not uploading scores recently?

DarkWolfStuDarkWolfStu Unsigned
edited November 2013 in Rock Band
Hey all,

Was just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue I'm having with Rock Band Scores. I know it sometimes takes a few days to upload some scores but my last score updated was 10 days ago... and I've played quite a few times since and it's all appearing in the 'My Gameplay' on this website instantly.

Anyone know what's up?

Comments

• AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited September 2013
    My last updated was the 4th, so 10 days ago as well.

It's not the first time the website had issues though, and usually it's fixed, but it can take a long time.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited September 2013
    I was considering emailing Keldon just to make sure he is aware of the issue but it hasnt been a really long time since the last update. Hopefully it updates sometime this month!
  • DarkWolfStuDarkWolfStu Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the replies, good to know it isn't just me! Hopefully it'll get fixed soon then.

When this has happened before (I only started using it a few months ago) do the scores you set whilst it is down still get added? I assume they do but I don't know how the scores are tracked or anything.
  • BVP2K10BVP2K10 Opening Act
    edited September 2013
    DarkWolfStu;5033852 said:
    Thanks for the replies, good to know it isn't just me! Hopefully it'll get fixed soon then.

When this has happened before (I only started using it a few months ago) do the scores you set whilst it is down still get added? I assume they do but I don't know how the scores are tracked or anything.

yeah, they are all updated whenever the updates come
  • MetusMortuusMetusMortuus Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    The android app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.nextrek.rbs&hl=en) has the same problem, so this appears to be a problem with the API. Tying this in with another thread, rockbandscores.com is a big part of what makes this game stay interesting, so I hope Harmonix will fix this as soon as possible.
    edited September 2013
    DarkWolfStu;5033852 said:

The biggest difference between RB and RBS leaderboard (AFAIK, if there's a bigger one please tell me) is that the total scores on RBS are all your scores additionned, and the total RB score is taken from your savegame.

How it works: RBS will update every 2 days or so (It took less time on RB2 and before, I think it's the ammount of songs and instruments) via the official leaderboards. I'm not entirely surw on how this process works, but I assume it's just a bot that takes the informations it needs then copy it to RBS.
  • MetusMortuusMetusMortuus Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    Alternity;5033990 said:
    I'm not entirely surw on how this process works, but I assume it's just a bot that takes the informations it needs then copy it to RBS.
    Yes, using the API that Harmonix eventually provided (in the beginning it was just culled from the rockband.com leaderboards). The fact that both rockbandscores.com and the android app don't update anymore leads me to suspect that there is something wrong with this API.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    edited September 2013
    The last time RockBandScores didn't update it was a problem with the HMX servers. My scores show in my activity feed here, but not on RBS so I suspect the same thing.

I've tried to figure out how RBS updates, but I don't have it down. It seems like it updates certain instruments on certain days of the week, with band scores going later in the week. I notice that when I play on the weekends it takes almost a whole week for my band scores to update.
    edited September 2013
    Nope, all instruments updates the same day, at night/mourning usually, at about a 2hours interval for pro instruments, probably more for regular instrument since they have way more songs.

I have no idea on Band scores though, I don't really use RBS for that.
  • JackStrapsJackStraps Opening Act
    edited September 2013
    yes here also !?!?!?

i also add a comment there
    Alternity;5034124 said:

I have no idea on Band scores though, I don't really use RBS for that.
    before the last update it was not working but since then the band scores is updating so a good way to get a look on your band scores on RBS
  • l6SiX8ll6SiX8l Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    The API is definetly having an issue. I checked the JSON data for some of my updated scores that were not displaying and they are there so the scores are being updated properly. For some reason the site is not pulling them though. My last scores posted also stopped on the 4th of Sept but like I said pulling individual JSON files using the API list showed me different scores for certain songs that I knew had changed since then.
    edited September 2013
    So if this an API/server issue, can we get HMXhenry to the rescue?
  • TextingsTextings Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    Having this problem as well, no scores updated since the 4th. Anyone know of any other alternate sites like rockbandscores.com by chance? May try tweeting HMXhenry and see if that does anything.
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited September 2013
    I'm guessing that everyone is having this problem and that those that can do anything about it already know. It's now a waiting game at this point. I'm sure that it will get fixed eventually.
  • TextingsTextings Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    For anybody who cares, HMXhenry contacted me back on tiwtter about the issue and said:

"Aaron Trites ‏@HMXhenry
    15m
    @bbenhall It'll be a low web priority at the moment but I'll pass it on."
    edited September 2013
    Low priority? Zoinks!
    I dont know about other players but without rockbandscores.com I cant track my total band score. Once a person hits 2 billion band it is capped off in game and on this website. All we can do is wait.
  • Backbeat60-62Backbeat60-62 Rising Star
    edited September 2013
  • DarkWolfStuDarkWolfStu Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    Just loaded up Rock Band Scores.... everything had been updated, including songs I played yesterday and songs I played over two weeks ago.

Looks like it's working again! :D
    edited September 2013
    My band scores still haven't updated since 8/31, but like I said earlier I think band scores only update once a week. 8/31 was a Saturday, so we'll see tomorrow.
  • edited September 2013
    SideshowN;5034469 said:
    Low priority? Zoinks!

Just wanted to clarify that "low priority" line a bit, since Twitter doesn't allow much room for expanded thoughts.

We know that RockBandScores.com is a valuable resource to some players, and that's why we've always tried to support them. We provided them with the API so they wouldn't have to scrape the leaderboards and it would be less drain for both of us.

But at the moment our Web team is hard at work on other stuff, and while I'll make sure it's on their radar, a fix for a 3rd party site benefiting a fraction of our user base likely won't be high on the list of priorities. I'll follow up if they have a time estimate or any updates to provide. Thanks for your patience.
    edited September 2013
    Hey, quit being reasonable! This is the internet for god's sake! :)
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited September 2013
    If Henry didn't have to spend so much time stuffing envelopes with $2bills for Wii users, he could probably get this fixed. (And, yes, I do believe Henry does everything at HMX).
    edited September 2013
    hmxhenry;5034488 said:
    Just wanted to clarify that "low priority" line a bit, since Twitter doesn't allow much room for expanded thoughts.

We know that RockBandScores.com is a valuable resource to some players, and that's why we've always tried to support them. We provided them with the API so they wouldn't have to scrape the leaderboards and it would be less drain for both of us.

But at the moment our Web team is hard at work on other stuff, and while I'll make sure it's on their radar, a fix for a 3rd party site benefiting a fraction of our user base likely won't be high on the list of priorities. I'll follow up if they have a time estimate or any updates to provide. Thanks for your patience.

I completely understand Rock Band isnt a high priority at this time but I live in a dream world that its still 2009 and Rock Band is relevant!
    edited September 2013
    3 out of 4 pending Band scores just updated for me. Thanks Hh!
  • NekketsuNekketsu Opening Act
    edited September 2013
    All the songs I played recently updated, so looks like it's working for now.
  • JackStrapsJackStraps Opening Act
    edited September 2013
    workin' again WOUHOU !! :)

a big thank you to the "FIXER" !!
  • mottoastermottoaster Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    Just wanted to say thank you to the "Fixer" too!
    Rbscores.com is working again and is a big part of keeping RB alive for me as well lol...
    Much appreciated!
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited September 2013
    I think it just might be broken again. I'm not getting new scores for the last 48 hours or so.
  • grizzlymazegrizzlymaze Fourplay for a Long Time
    edited September 2013
    There sill have not been any updates for vocals on the PS3, nothing since the 4th September.
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited September 2013