Rock Band 2 special edition drum set

brendan52brendan52 Unsigned
I just purchased a rock band 2 special edition drum set with the cymbals. The correct drum light (top center blue circle) was on when I started the sync activity. The dongle flashes blue, but the drum set now flashes the 4 blue lights near the bottom. MY first thought was that the batteries were near dead and the 4 blue lights were an indication of low voltage. Fresh Duracells did not solve the problem. My question is…what do the 4 flashing lights indicate? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited September 2013
    On the panel of the drumset (nearest to you & almost flush).. there's a button to help sync it with the dongle, try that and a another new set of batteries.. :D
  • brendan52brendan52 Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    Thank you Road warrior for your suggestion. I tried the sync button on the front with another new set of batteries and the same result...4 flashing blue lights. What I don't understand is why they're even there? If when you're syncing the drum set the blue circle drum button flashes until the drum set syncs and then remains solid blue. Why have the other 4 flashing lights? They must be there for a reason?
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited September 2013
    This may be a stupid question, so forgive me in advance, but does your drum set match up to your platform? Ps3 to Ps3, xbox to xbox? Seems like an obvious thing, but you never know, and just trying to figure out why it's not syncing up for you.
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited September 2013
    OK.. next question.. what system.. because blue lights aren't on the PS3 version... XBox version.. I would guess was green.. so you have the Wii?
  • edited September 2013
    It is a Wii Kit for sure, the question is... are you using them ON a Wii? :P

There have been odd Wii sync issues with drums specifically but the root of them escapes my feeble memory.

You said you bought drums with cymbals. Did you buy the whole rig USED from someone? Did you see it working before you bought them?
  • brendan52brendan52 Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    Sorry about the delay in replying. Yes, its a Wii system I'm using it on. I think Doc Socal may have hit it on the head...purchased the entire system from family friends and took their word that it worked. Now I will be searching for Rock Band 2 drum set repair. Thank you all for your help.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited October 2013
    When you tried to sync the drums, did you pressed on the button on the dongle too? You need to press both buttons (on the dongle and the drum set).