Wondering how long before we get new songs working or if they will ever?

KeyboardKatKeyboardKat Unsigned
edited November 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Any news on what is going on or any progress? I see authors are trying to put some new rbn songs up but it is still not working? Seems a new metal song is on the music store and a new Rose of Jericho song is on xbox marketplace but we can't buy either as of yet. I hope someone somewhere is going to get this working again some day. Hopefully before 2014. *sigh*

Comments

• edited October 2013
    This is a good thread to check for updates:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235109

The 10/3 update still applies, meaning we were able to force several songs out of limbo, but not all of them. There are pricing issues with some of the songs that should be live, and we're working with authors on some tests to see what we can fix from our end. My suspicion is that this is related to the Microsoft store change from MSP to $, which is impacting how songs are publishing, leaving them without purchase prices, showing up in store, but displaying as Not Available, etc. We're hoping to hear back from Microsoft shortly and I'll update the thread when I know more.
  • NideckerNidecker Unsigned
    edited October 2013
    hmxhenry;5037573 said:
    This is a good thread to check for updates:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235109

The 10/3 update still applies, meaning we were able to force several songs out of limbo, but not all of them. There are pricing issues with some of the songs that should be live, and we're working with authors on some tests to see what we can fix from our end. My suspicion is that this is related to the Microsoft store change from MSP to $, which is impacting how songs are publishing, leaving them without purchase prices, showing up in store, but displaying as Not Available, etc. We're hoping to hear back from Microsoft shortly and I'll update the thread when I know more.

Can you please try and reach out to Sony about the 'Currently unavailable' songs in RBN for PS3 Europe store? They have been unpurchasable since they showed up in the RBN store, though they are available in the US store and that's very unfair. I think there is a whole community of gamers that want to play these missing songs!
  • edited November 2013
    Nidecker;5037623 said:
    Can you please try and reach out to Sony about the 'Currently unavailable' songs in RBN for PS3 Europe store? They have been unpurchasable since they showed up in the RBN store, though they are available in the US store and that's very unfair. I think there is a whole community of gamers that want to play these missing songs!

We've already reached out to Sony Europe about these missing songs, but will bump that thread again. Historically they haven't been very motivated to correct issues with missing songs, as the EU audience is significantly smaller than the US audience, and it's likely not a high priority for them now that RBN songs aren't even being released on PS3. We obviously want to make sure as many people as possible can buy these songs, so we'll send a reminder.