My Personal Rock Band 4

HazeelHazeel Unsigned
edited November 2013 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Rock Band 4

Note: I attempted a while back to write a relatively balanced and realistic Rock Band 4, but it turned into a disaster, so with the death of Rock Band 4, I decided to eschew realism and make this setlist ALL MINE. This is my ideal Rock Band 4, the one I’d buy instantly, composed of songs, artists, and genres that I love. So, yes, it’s not very realistic. The genres, decades, and difficulty levels are skewed, not enough songs for Keyboard, etc. It’s ridiculously large, and has artists that would never agree to appear on the game. It’s not balanced or all that varied. It’s mostly metal (although not all metal, I appreciate other genres too), so don’t expect to see much indie rock here. If you like the setlist, if you like some of the choices, great, but before anybody considers bashing me for not having any indie, remember this is MY dream setlist.

Note: I decided to use a more specific genre system rather than Rock Band’s, as there’s so much metal here, I thought I’d specify the sub-genres.

1950s (2 songs)

Chuck Berry – Jonny B. Goode (Rock and Roll, 1958)
Elvis Presley – Hound Dog (Rock and Roll, 1956)

1960s (12 songs)

The Allman Brother Band – Whipping Post (Classic Rock, 1969)
Cream – Sunshine of Your Love (Classic Rock, 1967)
Dick Dale – Miserlou (Surf Rock, 1962)
The Doors – The End (Classic Rock, 1967)
Iron Butterfly – In-a-Gadda-da-Vida (Classic Rock, 1968)
King Crimson – 21st Century Schizoid Man (Progressive Rock, 1969)
The Kinks – All Day and All of the Night (Classic Rock, 1964)
MC5 – Kick Out the Jams (Rock, 1969)
The Rolling Stones – Paint It, Black (Classic Rock, 1966)
Steppenwolf – Born to be Wild (Classic Rock, 1968
Ten Years After – I’m Going Home (Blues Rock, 1969)
The Trashmen – Surfin’ Bird (Surf Rock, 1963)

1970s (32 songs)

Alice Cooper – No More Mr. Nice Guy (Classic Rock, 1973)
Bachman-Turner Overdrive – Let It Ride (Classic Rock, 1974)
Bruce Springsteen – Born to Run (Rock, 1975)
Deep Purple – Burn (Classic Rock, 1974)
Derek and the Dominos – Layla (Classic Rock, 1970)
The Doobie Brothers – Rockin’ Down the Highway (Classic Rock, 1972)
Eagles – Hotel California (Rock, 1976)
Eric Clapton – Cocaine (Classic Rock, 1977)
Foghat – Slow Ride (Classic Rock, 1975)
Foreigner – Double Vision (Classic Rock, 1978)
Funkadelic – Maggot Brain (Funk, 1971)
Iggy Pop – Lust for Life (Punk, 1977)
Jimi Hendrix – Star-Spangled Banner (Classic Rock, 1970)
Kansas – Dust in the Wind (Progressive Rock, 1978)
Kiss – Love Gun (Rock, 1977)
Led Zeppelin – Black Dog (Classic Rock, 1971)
Lynyrd Skynyrd – Call Me the Breeze (Southern Rock, 1974)
Manfred Mann’s Earth Band – Blinded by the Light (Classic Rock, 1976)
Meat Loaf – Bat Out of Hell (Classic Rock, 1979)
Misfits – Last Caress (Punk, 1978)
Motorhead – Overkill (Speed Metal, 1978)
Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here (Progressive Rock, 1975)
Rainbow – Stargazer (Heavy Metal, 1977)
Ramones – Sheena is a Punk Rocker (Punk, 1977)
Rush – La Villa Strangiato (Progressive Rock, 1978)
Santana – No One to Depend On (Classic Rock, 1973)
The Sex Pistols – Anarchy in the U.K. (Punk, 1977)
Steely Dan – Do It Again (Classic Rock, 1972)
The Steve Miller Band – Jungle Love (Classic Rock, 1977)
Styx – Come Sail Away (Progressive Rock, 1977)
Ted Nugent – Stranglehold (Southern Rock, 1975)
ZZ Top – La Grange (Southern Rock, 1973)

1980s (43 songs)

Accept – Balls to the Wall (Heavy Metal, 1983)
Bad Brains – Attitude (Hardcore Punk, 1982)
Bathory – A Fine Day to Die (Black Metal, 1988)
Billy Squier – Lonely is the Night (Rock, 1981)
Black Flag – Rise Above (Hardcore Punk, 1981)
Black Sabbath – Heaven and Hell (Heavy Metal, 1980)
Blue Oyster Cult – Burnin’ for You (Classic Rock, 1981)
Candlemass – Demons Gate (Doom Metal, 1985)
The Cult – Love Removal Machine (Rock, 1987)
Danzig – Mother (Rock, 1988)
Dead Kennedys – Kill the Poor (Hardcore Punk, 1980)
Death – Pull the Plug (Death Metal, 1988)
Diamond Head – Am I Evil (Heavy Metal, 1980)
Dio – The Last in Line (Heavy Metal, 1983)
Dire Straits – Money for Nothing (Classic Rock, 1985)
Exodus – Bonded by Blood (Thrash Metal, 1985)
Journey – Separate Ways (Classic Rock, 1983)
Guns n’ Roses – Sweet Child o’ Mine (Rock, 1987)
Helloween – I Want Out (Power Metal, 1988)
Megadeth – In My Darkest Hour (Thrash Metal, 1987)
Mercyful Fate – Evil (Black Metal, 1983)
Metallica – Creeping Death (Thrash Metal, 1984)
Morbid Angel – Immortal Rites (Death Metal, 1989)
Motley Crue – Shout at the Devil (Hair Metal, 1983)
Overkill – Elimination (Thrash Metal, 1989)
Ozzy Osbourne – Believer (Heavy Metal, 1981)
Pixies – Where is My Mind? (Alternative Rock, 1988)
Queen – Flash’s Theme (Classic Rock, 1980)
Queensryche – Revolution Calling (Progressive Metal, 1988)
Quiet Riot – Come On Feel the Noize (Hair Metal, 1983)
R.E.M. – The One I Love (Alternative Rock, 1987)
Sammy Hagar – I Can’t Drive 55 (Rock, 1984)
Savatage – Hall of the Mountain King (Power Metal, 1987)
Skid Row – Youth Gone Wild (Hair Metal, 1989)
Slayer – Angel of Death (Thrash Metal, 1986)
Stevie Ray Vaughan – Scuttle Buttin’ (Blues, 1984)
Stray Cats – Rock This Town (Rock, 1981)
Suicidal Tendencies – Institutionalized (Hardcore Punk, 1983)
Testament – The New Order (Thrash Metal, 1988)
Twisted Sister – We’re Not Gonna Take It (Hair Metal, 1984)
Van Halen – Hot for Teacher (Rock, 1984)
Venom – Black Metal (Black Metal, 1982)
Yngwie Malmsteen – Black Star (Heavy Metal, 1984)

1990s (27 songs)

Alice in Chains – Them Bones (Grunge, 1992)
Anthrax feat. Public Enemy – Bring the Noise (Hip-Hop, 1991)
Blind Guardian – Mirror Mirror (Power Metal, 1998)
Buckethead – 20th Century Boy (Rock, 1998)
Burzum – Dunkelheit (Black Metal, 1996)
Darkthrone – Transilvanian Hunger (Black Metal, 1993)
Dream Theater – Pull Me Under (Progressive Metal, 1992)
Emperor – I Am the Black Wizards (Black Metal, 1994)
Eric Johnson – Cliffs of Dover (Classic Rock, 1990)
Extreme – He-Man Woman Hater (Hair Metal, 1990)
Jane’s Addiction – Stop (Alternative Rock, 1990)
Judas Priest – Metal Meltdown (Heavy Metal, 1990)
Kyuss – Green Machine (Doom Metal, 1992)
Machine Head – Davidian (Groove Metal, 1994)
Mayhem – Freezing Moon (Black Metal, 1994)
Melvins – Honey Bucket (Grunge, 1993)
Meshuggah – New Millennium Cyanide Christ (Progressive Metal, 1998)
Obituary – The End Complete (Death Metal, 1992)
Reverend Horton Heat – Psychobilly Freakout (Rockabilly, 1990)
Pantera – Cemetery Gates (Groove Metal, 1990)
Scorpions – Wind of Change (Hair Metal, 1990)
Sepultura – Refuse/Resist (Groove Metal, 1993)
The Smashing Pumpkins – Bullet with Butterfly Wings (Alternative Rock, 1995)
Snot – Deadfall (Hardcore Punk, 1997)
Symphony X – Sea of Lies (Progressive Metal, 1997)
Type O Negative – Black No. 1 (Heavy Metal, 1993)
Warrant – Cherry Pie (Hair Metal, 1990)

2000s (17 songs)

Agalloch – Not Unlike the Waves (Black Metal, 2006)
Amon Amarth – The Pursuit of Vikings (Death Metal, 2004)
Black Label Society – Stillborn (Heavy Metal, 2003)
Cannibal Corpse – Make Them Suffer (Death Metal, 2006)
Celtic Frost – A Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh (Black Metal, 2006)
Children of Bodom – If You Want Peace…Prepare for War (Death Metal, 2005)
Dethklok – Awaken (Death Metal, 2007)
DragonForce – Fury of the Storm (Power Metal, 2005)
Electric Wizard – Funerapolis (Doom Metal, 2000)
Hammerfall – Last Man Standing (Power Metal, 2007)
Iron Maiden – Dance of Death (Heavy Metal, 2003)
Mastodon – Oblivion (Progressive Metal, 2009)
Napalm Death – When All is Said and Done (Grindcore, 2006)
Rhapsody – Dawn of Victory (Power Metal, 2000)
The Sword – Freya (Heavy Metal, 2006)
Tenacious D – Beelzeboss (Rock, 2006)
The White Stripes – Blue Orchid (Alternative Rock, 2005)

2010s (2 songs)

Gojira – L’Enfant Sauvage (Progressive Metal, 2012)
Kreator – Phantom Antichrist (Death Metal, 2011)
Soundgarden – Black Rain (Grunge, 2010)

So if you see artists or songs you like, don't hesitate to comment, but don't be surprised if there's little to your liking if you're an alt/indie fan.

Comments

  • elvisfan15elvisfan15 Unsigned
    edited November 2013
    Hazeel;5037994 said:

    Chuck Berry – Jonny B. Goode (Rock and Roll, 1958)
    Elvis Presley – Hound Dog (Rock and Roll, 1956)
    Cream – Sunshine of Your Love (Classic Rock, 1967)
    Dick Dale – Miserlou (Surf Rock, 1962)
    Iron Butterfly – In-a-Gadda-da-Vida (Classic Rock, 19680
    The Rolling Stones – Paint It, Black (Classic Rock, 1966)
    Steppenwolf – Born to be Wild (Classic Rock, 1968
    The Trashmen – Surfin’ Bird (Surf Rock, 1963)
    Alice Cooper – No More Mr. Nice Guy (Classic Rock, 1973)
    Derek and the Dominos – Layla (Classic Rock, 1970)
    Eagles – Hotel California (Rock, 1976)
    Eric Clapton – Cocaine (Classic Rock, 1977)
    Led Zeppelin – Black Dog (Classic Rock, 1971)
    Manfred Mann’s Earth Band – Blinded by the Light (Classic Rock, 1976)
    Meat Loaf – Bat Out of Hell (Classic Rock, 1979)
    Blue Oyster Cult – Burnin’ for You (Classic Rock, 1981)
    Quiet Riot – Come On Feel the Noize (Hair Metal, 1983)
    Twisted Sister – We’re Not Gonna Take It (Hair Metal, 1984)

    Great songs, man. I would buy this.
  • OsagaRockHeroOsagaRockHero Still Disappointed
    edited November 2013
    Hazeel;5037994 said:
    Chuck Berry – Jonny B. Goode (Rock and Roll, 1958)
    Elvis Presley – Hound Dog (Rock and Roll, 1956)
    The Allman Brother Band – Whipping Post (Classic Rock, 1969)
    Cream – Sunshine of Your Love (Classic Rock, 1967)
    Dick Dale – Miserlou (Surf Rock, 1962)
    The Doors – The End (Classic Rock, 1967)
    Iron Butterfly – In-a-Gadda-da-Vida (Classic Rock, 1968)
    King Crimson – 21st Century Schizoid Man (Progressive Rock, 1969)
    The Kinks – All Day and All of the Night (Classic Rock, 1964)
    MC5 – Kick Out the Jams (Rock, 1969)
    The Rolling Stones – Paint It, Black (Classic Rock, 1966)
    Steppenwolf – Born to be Wild (Classic Rock, 1968
    Alice Cooper – No More Mr. Nice Guy (Classic Rock, 1973)
    Bachman-Turner Overdrive – Let It Ride (Classic Rock, 1974)
    Bruce Springsteen – Born to Run (Rock, 1975)
    Deep Purple – Burn (Classic Rock, 1974)
    Derek and the Dominos – Layla (Classic Rock, 1970)
    Eagles – Hotel California (Rock, 1976)
    Eric Clapton – Cocaine (Classic Rock, 1977)
    Foghat – Slow Ride (Classic Rock, 1975)
    Foreigner – Double Vision (Classic Rock, 1978)
    Funkadelic – Maggot Brain (Funk, 1971)
    Iggy Pop – Lust for Life (Punk, 1977)
    Jimi Hendrix – Star-Spangled Banner (Classic Rock, 1970)
    Kansas – Dust in the Wind (Progressive Rock, 1978)
    Kiss – Love Gun (Rock, 1977)
    Led Zeppelin – Black Dog (Classic Rock, 1971)
    Lynyrd Skynyrd – Call Me the Breeze (Southern Rock, 1974)
    Manfred Mann’s Earth Band – Blinded by the Light (Classic Rock, 1976)
    Meat Loaf – Bat Out of Hell (Classic Rock, 1979)
    Motorhead – Overkill (Speed Metal, 1978)
    Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here (Progressive Rock, 1975)
    Rainbow – Stargazer (Heavy Metal, 1977)
    Ramones – Sheena is a Punk Rocker (Punk, 1977)
    Rush – La Villa Strangiato (Progressive Rock, 1978)
    Santana – No One to Depend On (Classic Rock, 1973)
    The Sex Pistols – Anarchy in the U.K. (Punk, 1977)
    Steely Dan – Do It Again (Classic Rock, 1972)
    The Steve Miller Band – Jungle Love (Classic Rock, 1977)
    Styx – Come Sail Away (Progressive Rock, 1977)
    Ted Nugent – Stranglehold (Southern Rock, 1975)
    ZZ Top – La Grange (Southern Rock, 1973)
    Accept – Balls to the Wall (Heavy Metal, 1983)
    Billy Squier – Lonely is the Night (Rock, 1981)
    Black Sabbath – Heaven and Hell (Heavy Metal, 1980)
    Blue Oyster Cult – Burnin’ for You (Classic Rock, 1981)
    The Cult – Love Removal Machine (Rock, 1987)
    Danzig – Mother (Rock, 1988)
    Dead Kennedys – Kill the Poor (Hardcore Punk, 1980)
    Diamond Head – Am I Evil (Heavy Metal, 1980)
    Dire Straits – Money for Nothing (Classic Rock, 1985)
    Journey – Separate Ways (Classic Rock, 1983)
    Guns n’ Roses – Sweet Child o’ Mine (Rock, 1987)
    Mercyful Fate – Evil (Black Metal, 1983)
    Motley Crue – Shout at the Devil (Hair Metal, 1983)
    Pixies – Where is My Mind? (Alternative Rock, 1988)
    Queen – Flash’s Theme (Classic Rock, 1980)
    Quiet Riot – Come On Feel the Noize (Hair Metal, 1983)
    R.E.M. – The One I Love (Alternative Rock, 1987)
    Sammy Hagar – I Can’t Drive 55 (Rock, 1984)
    Skid Row – Youth Gone Wild (Hair Metal, 1989)
    Slayer – Angel of Death (Thrash Metal, 1986)
    Stevie Ray Vaughan – Scuttle Buttin’ (Blues, 1984)
    Stray Cats – Rock This Town (Rock, 1981)
    Suicidal Tendencies – Institutionalized (Hardcore Punk, 1983)
    Twisted Sister – We’re Not Gonna Take It (Hair Metal, 1984)
    Van Halen – Hot for Teacher (Rock, 1984)
    Venom – Black Metal (Black Metal, 1982)
    Alice in Chains – Them Bones (Grunge, 1992)
    Anthrax feat. Public Enemy – Bring the Noise (Hip-Hop, 1991)
    Dream Theater – Pull Me Under (Progressive Metal, 1992)
    Eric Johnson – Cliffs of Dover (Classic Rock, 1990)
    Extreme – He-Man Woman Hater (Hair Metal, 1990)
    Jane’s Addiction – Stop (Alternative Rock, 1990)
    Reverend Horton Heat – Psychobilly Freakout (Rockabilly, 1990)
    Pantera – Cemetery Gates (Groove Metal, 1990)
    Scorpions – Wind of Change (Hair Metal, 1990)
    The Smashing Pumpkins – Bullet with Butterfly Wings (Alternative Rock, 1995)
    Snot – Deadfall (Hardcore Punk, 1997)
    Warrant – Cherry Pie (Hair Metal, 1990)
    The White Stripes – Blue Orchid (Alternative Rock, 2005)
    Soundgarden – Black Rain (Grunge, 2010)
    This really is one of the best list I've seen in a while. So many amazing songs on here. Please take all of my money.
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited November 2013
    Love those 1950s-1970s choices, so that'd be enough for a Day 1 buy for me.
  • HazeelHazeel Unsigned
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for all the positive feedback!
  • ThreuleThreule Unsigned
    edited November 2013
    Adding Bruce Springsteen there opens a way to DLCs, good idea there.

    I would remove Flash Theme, from Queen, leaving it to a Queen Rock Band, and adding Rebel Rebel, from David Bowie, so newcomers get to know Bowie while also practicing in easy songs.
  • edited November 2013
    This is amazing set list (I am especially partial to the 80's hardcore selections) but, as you noted, at 135 songs it's about 50 songs more than what would be possible to put on a disc. ;)

    We had initially aimed for a 100+ song set list for RB2, but as features were fleshed out we realized that we'd have to cut something. That's where the 20 free DLC offer from RB2 came from, the songs we wanted to include but weren't able to fit on disc, leaving us with a set list of 84 tracks. I believe that's still the largest on disc set list of any music game, but as long as we're dealing with ideal personal lists don't let the size restrictions stop you!
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited November 2013
    Hazeel;5037994 said:
    Rock Band 4

    Note: I attempted a while back to write a relatively balanced and realistic Rock Band 4, but it turned into a disaster, so with the death of Rock Band 4, I decided to eschew realism and make this setlist ALL MINE. This is my ideal Rock Band 4, the one I’d buy instantly, composed of songs, artists, and genres that I love. So, yes, it’s not very realistic. The genres, decades, and difficulty levels are skewed, not enough songs for Keyboard, etc. It’s ridiculously large, and has artists that would never agree to appear on the game. It’s not balanced or all that varied. It’s mostly metal (although not all metal, I appreciate other genres too), so don’t expect to see much indie rock here. If you like the setlist, if you like some of the choices, great, but before anybody considers bashing me for not having any indie, remember this is MY dream setlist.

    Note: I decided to use a more specific genre system rather than Rock Band’s, as there’s so much metal here, I thought I’d specify the sub-genres.

    1950s (2 songs)

    Chuck Berry – Jonny B. Goode (Rock and Roll, 1958)
    Elvis Presley – Hound Dog (Rock and Roll, 1956)

    1960s (12 songs)

    The Allman Brother Band – Whipping Post (Classic Rock, 1969)
    Cream – Sunshine of Your Love (Classic Rock, 1967)
    Dick Dale – Miserlou (Surf Rock, 1962)
    The Doors – The End (Classic Rock, 1967)
    Iron Butterfly – In-a-Gadda-da-Vida (Classic Rock, 1968)
    King Crimson – 21st Century Schizoid Man (Progressive Rock, 1969)
    The Kinks – All Day and All of the Night (Classic Rock, 1964)
    MC5 – Kick Out the Jams (Rock, 1969)
    The Rolling Stones – Paint It, Black (Classic Rock, 1966)
    Steppenwolf – Born to be Wild (Classic Rock, 1968
    Ten Years After – I’m Going Home (Blues Rock, 1969)
    The Trashmen – Surfin’ Bird (Surf Rock, 1963)

    1970s (32 songs)

    Alice Cooper – No More Mr. Nice Guy (Classic Rock, 1973)
    Bachman-Turner Overdrive – Let It Ride (Classic Rock, 1974)
    Bruce Springsteen – Born to Run (Rock, 1975)
    Deep Purple – Burn (Classic Rock, 1974)
    Derek and the Dominos – Layla (Classic Rock, 1970)
    The Doobie Brothers – Rockin’ Down the Highway (Classic Rock, 1972)
    Eagles – Hotel California (Rock, 1976)
    Eric Clapton – Cocaine (Classic Rock, 1977)
    Foghat – Slow Ride (Classic Rock, 1975)
    Foreigner – Double Vision (Classic Rock, 1978)
    Funkadelic – Maggot Brain (Funk, 1971)
    Iggy Pop – Lust for Life (Punk, 1977)
    Jimi Hendrix – Star-Spangled Banner (Classic Rock, 1970)
    Kansas – Dust in the Wind (Progressive Rock, 1978)
    Kiss – Love Gun (Rock, 1977)
    Led Zeppelin – Black Dog (Classic Rock, 1971)
    Lynyrd Skynyrd – Call Me the Breeze (Southern Rock, 1974)
    Manfred Mann’s Earth Band – Blinded by the Light (Classic Rock, 1976)
    Meat Loaf – Bat Out of Hell (Classic Rock, 1979)
    Misfits – Last Caress (Punk, 1978)
    Motorhead – Overkill (Speed Metal, 1978)
    Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here (Progressive Rock, 1975)
    Rainbow – Stargazer (Heavy Metal, 1977)
    Ramones – Sheena is a Punk Rocker (Punk, 1977)
    Rush – La Villa Strangiato (Progressive Rock, 1978)
    Santana – No One to Depend On (Classic Rock, 1973)
    The Sex Pistols – Anarchy in the U.K. (Punk, 1977)
    Steely Dan – Do It Again (Classic Rock, 1972)
    The Steve Miller Band – Jungle Love (Classic Rock, 1977)
    Styx – Come Sail Away (Progressive Rock, 1977)
    Ted Nugent – Stranglehold (Southern Rock, 1975)
    ZZ Top – La Grange (Southern Rock, 1973)

    1980s (43 songs)

    Accept – Balls to the Wall (Heavy Metal, 1983)
    Bad Brains – Attitude (Hardcore Punk, 1982)
    Bathory – A Fine Day to Die (Black Metal, 1988)
    Billy Squier – Lonely is the Night (Rock, 1981)
    Black Flag – Rise Above (Hardcore Punk, 1981)
    Black Sabbath – Heaven and Hell (Heavy Metal, 1980)
    Blue Oyster Cult – Burnin’ for You (Classic Rock, 1981)
    Candlemass – Demons Gate (Doom Metal, 1985)
    The Cult – Love Removal Machine (Rock, 1987)
    Danzig – Mother (Rock, 1988)
    Dead Kennedys – Kill the Poor (Hardcore Punk, 1980)
    Death – Pull the Plug (Death Metal, 1988)
    Diamond Head – Am I Evil (Heavy Metal, 1980)
    Dio – The Last in Line (Heavy Metal, 1983)
    Dire Straits – Money for Nothing (Classic Rock, 1985)
    Exodus – Bonded by Blood (Thrash Metal, 1985)
    Journey – Separate Ways (Classic Rock, 1983)
    Guns n’ Roses – Sweet Child o’ Mine (Rock, 1987)
    Helloween – I Want Out (Power Metal, 1988)
    Megadeth – In My Darkest Hour (Thrash Metal, 1987)
    Mercyful Fate – Evil (Black Metal, 1983)
    Metallica – Creeping Death (Thrash Metal, 1984)
    Morbid Angel – Immortal Rites (Death Metal, 1989)
    Motley Crue – Shout at the Devil (Hair Metal, 1983)
    Overkill – Elimination (Thrash Metal, 1989)
    Ozzy Osbourne – Believer (Heavy Metal, 1981)
    Pixies – Where is My Mind? (Alternative Rock, 1988)
    Queen – Flash’s Theme (Classic Rock, 1980)
    Queensryche – Revolution Calling (Progressive Metal, 1988)
    Quiet Riot – Come On Feel the Noize (Hair Metal, 1983)
    R.E.M. – The One I Love (Alternative Rock, 1987)
    Sammy Hagar – I Can’t Drive 55 (Rock, 1984)
    Savatage – Hall of the Mountain King (Power Metal, 1987)
    Skid Row – Youth Gone Wild (Hair Metal, 1989)
    Slayer – Angel of Death (Thrash Metal, 1986)
    Stevie Ray Vaughan – Scuttle Buttin’ (Blues, 1984)
    Stray Cats – Rock This Town (Rock, 1981)
    Suicidal Tendencies – Institutionalized (Hardcore Punk, 1983)
    Testament – The New Order (Thrash Metal, 1988)
    Twisted Sister – We’re Not Gonna Take It (Hair Metal, 1984)
    Van Halen – Hot for Teacher (Rock, 1984)
    Venom – Black Metal (Black Metal, 1982)
    Yngwie Malmsteen – Black Star (Heavy Metal, 1984)

    1990s (27 songs)

    Alice in Chains – Them Bones (Grunge, 1992)
    Anthrax feat. Public Enemy – Bring the Noise (Hip-Hop, 1991)
    Blind Guardian – Mirror Mirror (Power Metal, 1998)
    Buckethead – 20th Century Boy (Rock, 1998)
    Burzum – Dunkelheit (Black Metal, 1996)
    Darkthrone – Transilvanian Hunger (Black Metal, 1993)
    Dream Theater – Pull Me Under (Progressive Metal, 1992)
    Emperor – I Am the Black Wizards (Black Metal, 1994)
    Eric Johnson – Cliffs of Dover (Classic Rock, 1990)
    Extreme – He-Man Woman Hater (Hair Metal, 1990)
    Jane’s Addiction – Stop (Alternative Rock, 1990)
    Judas Priest – Metal Meltdown (Heavy Metal, 1990)
    Kyuss – Green Machine (Doom Metal, 1992)
    Machine Head – Davidian (Groove Metal, 1994)
    Mayhem – Freezing Moon (Black Metal, 1994)
    Melvins – Honey Bucket (Grunge, 1993)
    Meshuggah – New Millennium Cyanide Christ (Progressive Metal, 1998)
    Obituary – The End Complete (Death Metal, 1992)
    Reverend Horton Heat – Psychobilly Freakout (Rockabilly, 1990)
    Pantera – Cemetery Gates (Groove Metal, 1990)
    Scorpions – Wind of Change (Hair Metal, 1990)
    Sepultura – Refuse/Resist (Groove Metal, 1993)
    The Smashing Pumpkins – Bullet with Butterfly Wings (Alternative Rock, 1995)
    Snot – Deadfall (Hardcore Punk, 1997)
    Symphony X – Sea of Lies (Progressive Metal, 1997)
    Type O Negative – Black No. 1 (Heavy Metal, 1993)
    Warrant – Cherry Pie (Hair Metal, 1990)

    2000s (17 songs)

    Agalloch – Not Unlike the Waves (Black Metal, 2006)
    Amon Amarth – The Pursuit of Vikings (Death Metal, 2004)
    Black Label Society – Stillborn (Heavy Metal, 2003)
    Cannibal Corpse – Make Them Suffer (Death Metal, 2006)
    Celtic Frost – A Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh (Black Metal, 2006)
    Children of Bodom – If You Want Peace…Prepare for War (Death Metal, 2005)
    Dethklok – Awaken (Death Metal, 2007)
    DragonForce – Fury of the Storm (Power Metal, 2005)
    Electric Wizard – Funerapolis (Doom Metal, 2000)
    Hammerfall – Last Man Standing (Power Metal, 2007)
    Iron Maiden – Dance of Death (Heavy Metal, 2003)
    Mastodon – Oblivion (Progressive Metal, 2009)
    Napalm Death – When All is Said and Done (Grindcore, 2006)
    Rhapsody – Dawn of Victory (Power Metal, 2000)
    The Sword – Freya (Heavy Metal, 2006)
    Tenacious D – Beelzeboss (Rock, 2006)
    The White Stripes – Blue Orchid (Alternative Rock, 2005)

    2010s (2 songs)

    Gojira – L’Enfant Sauvage (Progressive Metal, 2012)
    Kreator – Phantom Antichrist (Death Metal, 2011)
    Soundgarden – Black Rain (Grunge, 2010)

    So if you see artists or songs you like, don't hesitate to comment, but don't be surprised if there's little to your liking if you're an alt/indie fan.
    are they planing on to release rock band 4 and will these be the songs on rock band 4
  • HazeelHazeel Unsigned
    edited November 2013
    That was my philosophy; as it was my dream setlist, I thought I might as well include as much music I enjoyed as possible, even if it ended up well above the realistic size of a real RB game. For that same reason I decided to eschew trying to balance the genres and difficulty levels, and just come up with music I loved!

    Anyway, I really appreciate the positive feedback! By the way, I'm a big fan of 80s hardcore too and always thought a Rock Band setlist could really use some of it, which is why Black Flag and Bad Brains were easy choices for me.
  • slashnoslashno Unsigned
    edited November 2013
    Awesome. At this point I'd buy RB4 anyway, but this setlist is truly awesome. :)
  • OsagaRockHeroOsagaRockHero Still Disappointed
    edited November 2013
    hmxhenry;5038471 said:
    I believe that's still the largest on disc set list of any music game, but as long as we're dealing with ideal personal lists don't let the size restrictions stop you!

    Didn't GH:WoR have 93 songs on it?
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited November 2013
    Great list... But i'm one of those Alt/indie fans... And there's no Muse here... :( Still a great list!
  • BeaversBeavers Opening Act
    edited December 2013
    I see a LOT of inspiration from the Guitar Hero games in this setlists. TBH, though, I probably couldn't do much better. Pretty good setlist.

    Edit: Stupid, stupid, stupid, this topic's almost a month old. Nice job, dunderhead. <
Sign In or Register to comment.